Who does JAPAN LIGHTS shine on? - page 13

kch писал(а) >>

What are the bigger ones? In my opinion, even M5 is a bit difficult to collect from M1, not to mention later timeframes.

Do you think there is a connection of candlestick patterns taken from M1 (for example, breaking through certain levels on M1) to the direction of the day (D1)?

Or is there a relation of M30 candlesticks to a D1 candlestick (for example, if at 0830, M30 is white, then 75% of D1 candlesticks will also be white => 100 pips average movement) ?

What do you mean???

I mean that D1 contains 48 bars of M30. Therefore we may use bars of a lower timeframe to gather bars of a higher one (it is what the tester is doing during "all ticks") but we should not make a mistake with skips.

I am writing this to say that I cannot understand phrases like this:

when dealing with M1: I doubt very much that with M1 the working stop will be 100 points, maybe two dozen points maximum (it's the level of scalpers and pipers), therefore the system with 100 points stop will not work on M1. And on D1 even 100 points may be too small a stop.

To be more exact, about D1 I understand, but about M1 - I don't. Because at the lowest level there is a stream of ticks, bars (candlesticks) - it's an indicator, and the bigger TF, the rougher it [the indicator] is. I'm not saying that it is not necessary to use higher TFs, I just mean that one may overload information, while it cannot be restored.

---

But we got sidetracked, the author wrote that stop value at opening is not fixed.

PapaYozh писал(а) >>

Too bad there is no strict definition of the take (unlike the stop, which is set behind the pre-high/low)...

Take - 4 times more than stop, it is really more like a fitting.

In any case there is already some positive result.

PapaYozh >> :

My point is that I don't understand phrases like that:

I meant that if a trader works on M1 then his targets are in "the same range" - within a few candlestick spreads of this particular timeframe, and on M1 a normal stop is somewhere around 10 pips, and a hundred just won't fit on the screen.

kch >> :

Too bad there is no strict definition of the take (unlike the stop, which is set behind the pre-high/low)...

Take - 4 times more than stop, it really is more like a fitting.

In any case there is already some positive result.

let's say with a take/stop ratio like 2.5 the result is almost the same!!!! but with a take 4 times bigger, the result is slightly - slightly better....., so it's not really a fit... but I don't know how to rigidly set.... and you don't want to put a fixed one in.

ForexTools писал(а) >>
I meant that if the trader works on M1, then his targets are in "the same range" - within a few candlestick spreads of this particular time frame, and on M1 a normal stop is somewhere around 10 pips, and a hundred just does not fit on the screen.

:)

1) there is a scale;

2) why would an automaton need a screen?

RomanS писал(а) >>

let's say with a take/stop ratio like 2.5 the result is almost the same!!!! but with a take of 4 times as much, the result is slightly - slightly better....., so it's not really a fit... but I don't know how to rigidly define.... and you don't want to put a fixed one in.

What if you don't put it in and go out on the trawl?

RomanS писал(а) >>

let's say with a take/stop ratio like 2.5 the result is almost the same!!!! but with a take of 4 times as much, the result is slightly - slightly better....., so it's not really a fit... but I don't know how to rigidly set.... and you don't want to put a fixed one.

mmm, don't even know how. To be honest I haven't really got into your system yet...

I don't know, to be honest, I don't really understand your system yet... maybe I should try to find take profit level at higher TF (h1 or h4) ?

Where does the price reach after your pattern execution in most cases on higher TF, eg H1 or H4? (maybe it tests the extremum of the previous H4 or passes through the same amount of pips on the previous H4, that's where the TP will be)?

PapaYozh >> :

What if you don't and go out on the trawl?

>> look in the box.

PapaYozh писал(а) >>

What if you don't put in and go out on the trawl?

I'm afraid that on M30 the trawl will kill the trade...

kch писал(а) >>

I'm afraid that on M30 the trawl will kill the trade...

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Depends on how you trawl, you have to test.

Reason: