Who does JAPAN LIGHTS shine on? - page 6

beginner >> :

And you try not to use profit, why limit profit, with stop is clear - limit loss, there should be a logical exit from the market, any (indicator, candlestick analysis, etc.), what do you think?

Could well be.... I already wrote that I used it only for the second day, I tried it only on one pair and only on M30, and about the logical exit, so it is there ... As for the logical exit, it is there because stop is gradually moved from high/low of one candle to the other, gradually getting closer to price, i.e., only 1 time in 30 min. trawl happens, and not always, but probably, and most probably not the best way ...

RomanS писал(а) >>

Here's the one without the trawl.

The profits are higher, but the drawdowns have gone up too...

Then it seems pretty good...

RomanS писал(а) >>

It may well be.... I already wrote, that today is only my second day of using it, I tried it only on one pair and only on M30, and about the logical output, so it is there... Stop with one candlestick is gradually moving from high/low to the other, gradually getting closer to price, i.e., only 1 time in 30 min. trailing happens, and not always, but it's possible, and most likely not the best way ...

if i understand correctly you only have an exit by stop?

If so, have you tried to use the statistic from higher TF, for example from H4 or D1 (for example a certain % of daily ATR??) when exiting a trade on profit?

RomanS >> :

It may well be.... I already wrote, that today is only my second day of using it, I tried it only on one pair and only on M30, and about the logical output, so it is there... I tried it only once in 30 min., but it's not always possible, and it's not the best way ...

Ideally it is not to exit the market at all. i.e. buy replaces sell and vice versa.

kch >> :

if I understand correctly you only have a stop on exit?

No, the t.p. also triggers.... but as it's 4 times the stop, not always))) but by the way when the stop is triggered there's nothing to catch....

Yeah and really... this is just an M30 analysis... Long-term reversals on this timeframe are unlikely to form, it's more suitable for intraday trading.

you can use SmoothedMA 5 as a trawl, built at high or low depending on the order type

kch >> :

If I understand correctly, do you only exit by stop?

If yes, have you tried to use a statistic from a higher TF, for example from H4 or D1 (for example some % of daily ATR??) when exiting a trade on profit

I have not tried it yet... no time yet...

dmmikl86 >> :
You can use SmoothedMA 5 built on high or low, depending on order type

Great idea by the way... I was thinking of a parabolic, though....

beginner >> :

Ideally, it is not to exit the market at all. i.e. buy replaces sell and vice versa.

This is not suitable for candlestick analysis... Suppose a buy triggered and the price went down... The signal to sell may not occur for a few days, but the price keeps going lower and lower...

I understand that the quality of modelling is not high, but keeping quotes of m1 for a year or more is not possible, as well as m5.....

But in general, it looks tempting...... I have not changed anything in my EA. I just threw it in the tester and pressed the start button from 2008.01.01.

Reason: