AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 9

joo, tens of milliseconds is too unreliable in my opinion. Let it run for at least a minute, then it'll be fine.

P.S. Sorry, screwed up. It's ok.

2 four2one: I was talking about massively popular stones. So does Skymaster, by the looks of it...

Result (Core 2 Duo E7200@2.53 / 4GB RAM):

Mathemat >> :

joo, tens of milliseconds is too unreliable in my opinion. Let it run for at least a minute, then it will be fine.

2 four2one: I was talking about stones for people. So does Skymaster, by the looks of it...

1. The 11000 RUR "stone". (Core-i7 920) for people?

2. For which people?

four2one >> :

1. The 11,000rub "stone". (Core-i7 920) for the people?

2. For what people?

Isn't there one? Is 11000 a lot of money for a decent stone? Q9550 costs about 8 thousand and they call it a quad-core for the people.

Mathemat >> :

Isn't it? Is 11000 a lot of money for a decent desktop?

Is a 6-core Opteron big money too?

Six-Core AMD Opteron 2427 $455

Six-Core AMD Opteron 8425 HE $1514

four2one >> :

1. The 11,000rub "stone". (Core-i7 920) for the people?

2. For what people?

1. Why do you need a 4-core and 3-channel memory? Get an i5 - two cores on the 1533 socket, the same Nehalem. Or i7 on the same socket.

Well, if at all, the new dual-core Pentium is $87. It has the same computational core and frequency up to 4 Hz without any problems, but of course the cache is cut down. By the way, it's very interesting to know what influence cache has on speed with MT4.

I have a laptop on my Petntyukh. I'll make a test now.

====

Where are these prices coming from? It's not a problem to find under 9k anymore.

Svinozavr >> :

...Take...

1. I've had it all for a long time. :)

2. I can't stand Intel (for about 15 years).

four2one >> :

Is a 6-core Opteron big money too?

Six-Core AMD Opteron 2427 $455

Six-Core AMD Opteron 8425 HE $1514

Yeah, not bad if for the people. But only the first stone. The second one doesn't work anymore, it's too expensive. But in terms of price it is around the price of an extreme top Intel one. So, as far as performance is concerned :)

Do you have a computer at home with such a stone - or are you going to buy it?

By the way, really interesting performance tests - but in comparison with something understandable.

In the Pentium era I was a bit inclined to AMD myself, but then I was lucky to buy not such a bad dual core for such an inexpensive price.

four2one >> :

1. "The 11,000-ruble "stone". (Core-i7 920) for the people?

2. For what people?

2. For those who write, optimise and trade themselves. For the rest of us, there are PAMMs, mutual funds and vodka and beer.

four2one >> :

1. I've had it all for a long time now. :)

2. I can't stand Intel (for about 15 years).

1 и 2. Then what is there to talk about? )))

Mathemat >> :

Yes, not bad, if for the people. But only the first stone. The second one is not good enough.

Do you have such a computer at home with such a stone - or are you going to buy one?

By the way, really interesting performance tests - but in comparison with something understandable.

I have two AMD 5050e machines with 4gb each (one of them on MB ITX).

I don't need "speed", I need comfort - quietness.

Reason: