So where is the price heading? - page 4

and here is the result of a little simple system trying to trade...

As you can see, the entries are OK, but the exits...

the graph reflects the state of the balance in the virtual trading process...

Fduch >> :

This is somewhat similar to one of my first TS - if N bars are up then sell, if N bars are down then buy. It gave phenomenal results when optimising stoplosses\take profit and N. Too bad we couldn't make a million on this one =\

I would never trade with such a system on real account, there are too many "BUTs". Although it is possible to make something decent out of it. What exactly is it that you failed to do? Probably went too far with the optimization.

C-4 >>

The whole beauty of this statement is its illogic, which means it can really work, oddly enough especially on the Euro.

If we work "against" the movement, there is no illogic, so why is the euro so special? The euro is a very effective pair and you can easily compare it with the GPH, ACF shows it:

I do not know your method in details, but I suspect, that it does not belong to tech. but to statistical analysis and it has to be distinguished. the first difference is stationary, so you can earn on the naked price, but there are much more efficient methods, where the risk is virtually absent.

C-4 писал(а) >>

Honestly, I would never haggle with such a system on the real, there are too many "BUTs". Although it is quite possible to make something decent out of it. What part of it did not work out? Surely you went too far with optimization.

Forward tests were not bad at that time too, so it is not the fault of optimization.

I failed to convince myself that it is possible to slash cabbage by writing 20-30 lines of code. And thank god I stumbled upon it by accident after a few weeks, decided to run it through the main pairs and was horrified =)

gip >> :

That's what I call a forex enthusiast!

I wonder if that's how you talk to girls. With spectra, histograms and graphs? :)))

She came here to make money, what do you think? I don't care how you talk to girls, you're probably just a virtual Lover on the Internet.

Good evening all.

In terms of determining the direction of the prevailing traffic, there are many options. They all have advantages and disadvantages. We cannot simply take a moving average. After all, we indicate averaging period, and it always has to be different, depending on the market activity (flat/ trend) and volatility, there is no golden mean. The difference in MA also cannot be taken (why, think about it). Therefore, to determine the trend, I determine the local highs/minimums, using wave theory, and draw trend lines. I believe this is the best method for trend detection. Any indicator built on the analysis of the average price will not be able to accurately identify the beginning and end of the trend.

The Euro is more prone to pullbacks than other pairs. There are many other "pullback" strategies that work on the Euro and do not work on other pairs.

Of course with such a dumb approach of opening in the opposite direction to the main movement we need effective filters. We cannot do without them, the main code will be in them. But the concept itself should be simple - that is the key to success.

keekkenen >> :

the graph reflects the state of the balance in the process of virtual trading...

As always. If the portfolio is forex, it's a no-brainer.

keekkenen >> :

the graph reflects the state of the balance in the process of virtual trading...

I misspoke here - the graph shows the total profit of the portfolio with open positions excluding profits

Reason: