First sacred cow: "If the trend started, it will continue" - page 21

Magnatis писал(а) >>
I know what you mean :) I've been living this alone for several months now :) But I don't recommend to tell anyone about it. Especially not here - they won't understand and they'll throw mud at you anyway.

well, we already know that magnatis was very interested in the question

Counter-overlap in MetaTrader 4

so let's call the question about the market reversal now read more about this system

I've never used it before and see what I can get out of it.

This is probably what Oleg mentioned when he answered the question about the lock and the price hanging in the middle of two opposite orders

AND F1 MT4

Closing of opposite positions
An opposite position is considered as an opposite position for the same financial instrument. If there are one or more opposite positions, the chosen position can be closed together with the opposite position. To do so, first open the "Order" window (see above for opening methods). Then, in the "Type" field, select "Close by Matching Position". A list of all opposite positions will appear at the bottom of the window. A matching position must be selected in the list, and the "Close..." button is activated. This allows you to close two positions simultaneously. If the opposite positions have different lot sizes, only one remains open. The volume of that position (number of lots) will be equal to the difference in lots of the closed positions, and its direction and opening price (short or long) will be equal to the larger (by volume) of the positions being closed.

"...What are you, genozwale, waiting for?
You don't eat and you don't give
but only tease your food
from a great perilous height..."

© "The Georgian Varon Fable"

Active topic Spread trading here is an example of how the above action works

"The point of this is that if you have a lot open, i.e. a simultaneous position for both buying and selling of the same asset - for example buy 1 lot and sell 1 lot, then if you close these positions normally, you will lose the spread on 2 lots. If you close these positions counter - then you only lose the spread for 1 lot and for the second lot it comes back. "

As far as I remember voleg2 stated that this "feature" is on the chart of the trading instrument. And not related to "special" order manipulation. If I am wrong, let voleg2 correct me. I also remember that he sees this "peculiarity" on every instrument. Hence the questions: Is the timeframe important? How many deals per day or so?

Grand писал(а) >>

As far as I remember voleg2 stated that this "feature" is on the chart of the trading instrument. And not related to "special" order manipulation. If I am wrong, let voleg2 correct me. I also remember that he sees this "peculiarity" on every instrument. Hence the questions: Is the timeframe important? And how many deals per day or so?

I think we are talking about small timeframes: M1 or M5, maximum M15. Perhaps the shallower the TF, the better. The same Prival collected/searched ticks.

As for me I tried to use profit on the combination of European and American sessions, but it did not succeed to be fully automated, and the first voleg2's post showed a moment, when one could lose a lot.

I also wonder how voleg2 is doing in the tester over a long period of time. And how "survivable" is this feature?

baltik >>:

Активная тема Торговля спредами вот Вам пример работы Выше приведенного действия

"смысл этого в том, что если у вас открыт лок, т.е. одновременная позиция и на покупку и на продажу одного актива - например бай 1 лот и селл 1 лот, то при обычном закрытии этих позиций вы потеряете спред на 2 лотах. Если же закрыть эти позиции встречным - то вы теряете спред только за 1 лот, а за второй он возвращается. "

It only helps to save on headlands.

Grand >>:

Насколько я помню то voleg2 утверждал что эта "особенность" находится именно на графике торгового инструмента. И не связана с "особенными" манипуляциями ордерами. Если я не прав пусть voleg2 поправит. Еще помню что он видит эту "особенность" на каждом инструменте. Отсюда вопросы: Важен ли таймфрейм? И сколько примерно сделок в сутки?

This is a pattern you can spot just as well on a random ramble as on a chart of the air temperature outside your window. It's not about the instrument, the timeframe or your religion at all.

Grand >>:
Еще интресно как у voleg2 обстоят дела в тестере на длительном промежутке времени. И насколько "живучая" эта особенность?

In my opinion, this is probably one of those eternal patterns that has been present in any graph throughout its existence. There is probably no more "technical" feature to be found.

By the way, for those pondering this: everything written about trends in this thread is inapplicable nonsense. If you trade "according to these concepts", at the very least the chance of making money is very low.
Reason: