FIR filters - page 12

ssd >> :

Signed up for the free newsletter. Got a "gift" of a digital FATL indicator.

I'll make a billion such gifts ))

the coefficients are the impulse response you were talking about at the beginning of the thread

You're not thinking straight, stop jumping around and go for the blanks.

I understand that time is of the essence... respectable guys in solid cars have your beautiful daughters of the same age.

you got no choice but to strangle all the dudes or study science for the grail.

begemot61 >> :

I may be wrong, but I don't see any re-rating in the code. The last bar will change if any price other than OPEN is used as the price is not yet fixed for the last bar. All other values should be the same.

Start it, memorize the values on the bars 1,2,3 and after a while call its

After a while, call up its settings window and click OK - during the initialization it will change the memorized values on the bars 1,2,3...

sab1uk >> :

I'll make a billion such gifts ))

The coefficients are the impulse response that you were talking about at the beginning of the thread.

All right, make me one of those, only slower, i.e. SATL.

If I get better results with this one too, I'll quit, hit the brakes and go to Science.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A furious husband comes running home, screaming:

- I know everything !!!

Wife:

- OK, how long is the Mississippi ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is, so much has already been studied and tried, so much blood and energy has been shed

(the Wave Theory alone!)... And here is a completely new field of knowledge for me - I want, therefore, to be sure,

that there really is a grain of gold out there before I dig...

ssd >> :

All right, give me the same one, only slower, i.e. SATL.

If this indicator improves the results too, I'll drop everything, hit the brakes and sit down for Science.

what do you need to improve? how do i know what you need for your strategy?

it's like asking me to do some kind of slow-moving

>> I don't want to get into someone else's TS.

ssd >> :

The fact is that so much has already been studied and tried, so much blood has been shed and energy expended

(Wave Theory alone!)... and this is a whole new area of knowledge for me, so I want to make sure

there's really a grain of gold in there before I dig...

Don't play the exceptional victim

sab1uk >> :

what results do you need to improve? how do i know what your strategy needs?

that's like asking me to do some kind of slow mouvement

>> i don't want to get into someone else's forex.

Get into it, I guarantee it will be worth it.

My current strategy is remarkably simple.

For each instrument, we calculate the difference between the market value of the base currency and the quote currency

and if the difference is positive, we open up and if it's negative, we open down.

Closing in both cases is done at zero difference.

Thus, through a series of iterations generating small losses, it is certainly possible not to miss the entrance to the beginning of a serious imbalance in the whole market.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To calculate this difference we have the CL1i_FATL indicator.

Change in the instrument price (respectively, change in full-market prices of the base currency and quote currency)

is calculated as the difference between the "average" price of an instrument on bar i and i+1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only problem is to find a "good" instrument price averaging line.

Note, I do not need this line for searching of Trends and other mythical phenomena....

That is, I do not need it to trade on it !

Files:
cl1i_fatl_1.mq4  10 kb

ssd >> :

And you have to look into it, I guarantee, it will be worth it.

Believe me, your craftsmanship is a child's playground for me.

Just because I help you to understand FIR filters, it does not mean that they are of major importance in my design.

everything about fatl/satl is written in old articles by Kravchuk, i'm not into his turkeys.

this thread is not for discussion of strategies

I am not fond of his indulgences, this thread is not for discussion of strategies.

sab1uk >> :

Just because I help you to understand FIR filters, it does not mean that they are of major importance in my design.

everything about fatl/satl is written in old articles by Kravchuk, i'm not into his turkeys.

I am not fond of his indulgences, this thread is not for discussion of strategies.

Understood.

sab1uk >> :

I am not keen on his indulgences, this thread is not for discussion of strategies.

And what do you want from FIR filter? What actually filter and for what purpose? And why FIR?

begemot61 >> :

What do you want from a FIR filter? What exactly do you want to filter and for what purpose? And why FIR?

I have built an adaptive filter based on FIR

why FIR... it's just that historically

my experience of using filters is not relevant to the topic... periodically someone asks about filters so I brought up the topic

Reason: