"Fully automatic deal copier" - page 7

Boris (branch author) ! Please answer me on Facebook or Skype. I haven't been able to reach you for a week now.

The code is absolutely unreadable... I have to say that it works and executes orders quite fast and well, so in any case, thanks to the author for the work done ... I'm interested in opening a position at any distance from an open position ...

Mainly interested in opening a position at any distance from an open position... I was asked about it before, whether it has been implemented or not is unclear... there are no copying machines online ...

i understand the only problem is to specify the necessary offset in pips when the Expert Advisor enters data into a field and i don't even need to modify it to pending orders, but it's confusing))) maybe someone has changed the settings or just can tell me where to set the offset?

akacuk21:

The EA code is absolutely unreadable... I have to say that it works and executes orders quite fast and well, so in any case, thanks to the author for the work done ... I am mainly interested in opening a position at some distance from an open trade ...

Mainly interested in opening a position at any distance from an open position... I was asked about it before, whether it has been implemented or not is unclear... there are no copying machines online ...

When I see it, the problem is to specify the necessary offset in pips when "Expert Advisor Trader" writes inforr mation into field and I don't even need to modify it into pending orders, but it's confusing))) Maybe someone has changed the code or just can tell me how to set the offset?

You just don't do things like that for yourself. Or rather, they do, but not like that.

In fact, everything is simple, beautiful and one might even say artistic.

A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 4 terminals using Named Pipes

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/127032

Will the author still get in touch ?

FXgorets:
Will the author still get in touch ?

No! Why? He was killed for stealing....

The question is primarily for those who have implemented copiers.

Using an example (to make it easier to understand, I used different colours):

There are two open positions in the source account:

buy EURUSD 1 lot, PriceOpen 1.2000

Buy EURUSD 2 lot, PriceOpen 1.3000

The current price at EURUSD CurrPrice = 1.3100. At this point, the signal-copier is activated. How should it act further?

There are several options here:

1. As long as the price is above 1.3000 the copier acts as if the two positions described above do not exist. If the price goes down to 1.3000 the signal copier opens a buy EURUSD 2 lots, PriceOpen 1.3000 and acts as if there is only one position (which is at 1.2000). If the price goes down to 1.2000, the comparer also opens a buy EURUSD 1 lot, PriceOpen 1.2000. And all positions are already accounted for.
  2. The net position of the two open positions mentioned above is buy EURUSD 3 lot, PriceOpen 1.2667. The copyer does not consider this net position until the price falls to 1.26667. If it has lowered, the copyer initiates buy EURUSD 3 lots, PriceOpen 1.2667 and all positions are accounted for.
  3. From the moment of starting at 1.3100, the follower places 6 buylimits of 0.5 lots each so that if all of them trigger, their net position will be buy EURUSD 3 lots, PriceOpen 1.2667.

Which options seem right and why?

Rule 1 - do not turn off the copier.

Rule 2 - if the copier is on, but cannot open sensibly on existing orders - then do not open at all, and wait for all orders to close. Then read rule 1.
Rule 3. It is the user, not the developer, who has to follow the rules. His or her depot, let them think before they create any problems for themselves.

The moral - you will not think through all of the options. The best is an enemy of the good.

The more rules you invent for opening orders - the more questions users will have. And the snowball of new improvements will follow as a consequence. (no certainty that the price will return, no certainty that all the limits will work, etc., and if the user knocks out the copier again at the stage of placing the limits, what if, what if...? forget it, make an exact copy of what you have and the rest is up to the user)

The copier is set up like this - an order is opened on the source, a ticket appears, the deal is copied with a magik equal to the ticket. If the moment of opening is missed, no new orders are opened and nothing is modified.

sergeev:

The problem raised is not just about the transaction copier. It is just an example that best illustrates the problem.

The third option with BuyLimit orders seems the most preferable to me. And the orders should be placed between each other (and their volume) based on the distribution of price BP.

Reason: