Forex hosting. Sharing our experiences - page 6

Va02:
Guys VPS is certainly necessary and useful!!! A what do you think about protection on the server (anti-virus, firewall). As far as I understand the usual antivirus there does not work, you need a server.

1. Server security should be handled by hoster

2. Why do you need an antivirus? Are you going to browse the Internet from the server?

3. well, you need a firewall, close all the ports.

4 Why do you need a hoster? buy a netbook or nettop, UPS + a static IP-address, the cost is literally 12-15 thousand rubles - a year of hosting.

The advantage: little energy burns, with UPS Provitsit half a day + battery on the netbook Provits another couple of hours, by static IP can access from anywhere in the world, + you can make a backup channel with any mobile phone or 3G modem, but all kinds of smart guys not roam on your infa on servake

If this is the topic, let me ask you a question. I have VPS 512 RAM WIN 2008, running 4 pcs MTs with EAs of 1 pair per MT.

Memory takes up 65-74% of memory and almost 0% of CPU at minimum MT load. How to make less memory used. I want to use MT to test that the resource stand to benefit.

I disabled the services that I know, but I don't know if I can disable some. I don't know if I can disable some of them.

zhuki:

If this is the topic, let me ask you a question. I have VPS 512 RAM WIN 2008, running 4 pcs MTs with EAs of 1 pair per MT.

Memory takes up 65-74% of memory and almost 0% of CPU at minimum MT load. How to make less memory used. I want to use MT to test that the resource stand to benefit.

I disabled the services that I know, but I don't know if I can disable some. I don't know if I can disable some of them.

Reducethe number of bars in the MT

Please send me a full screenshot of the Task Manager "Processes" tab (alphabetically)

What do you want with 512 MB of RAM? It's a past age! And even more so on a 2008 server. With such resources you can only use the terminal for trading and so on.

Guys, can you tell me if there's a test VPS somewhere for a couple of weeks?

Col-bars are at a minimum. I'm logging in through a remote desktop.

Here's a screenshot.

sever30:
Guys, can you tell me if there's a test VPS somewhere for a couple of weeks?

1gb.ru - 2 weeks for a test

zhuki:

Here's a screenshot.

everything is quite adequate, just not enough RAM. 512 mb is not a serious figure, especially on a 2008 server, and graphics alone eat well (and it can be switched off to save resources).

FxPro2:

1gb.co.uk - 2 weeks to test
thanks

zhuki:

Here's a screenshot.

I agree with FxPro2...
Reason: