_Market description - page 14

Vinsent_Vega >> :

another one... )))

Guys, be constructive and argue your position...

Argument at the beginning of the thread.

Figar0 писал(а) >>

It's annoying, but what to do with you? Unfortunately, we are in a free environment where everyone is free to express their thoughts without censorship. You do not want to share, or maybe you simply have nothing to say, and snide around the corner with a clever look I can do even better ... Alaverdy, don't you get tired of it?

You are in vain, imagining that I am snide... I'M READY TO SHARE.

I'm ready to share, and I'm even calling for a team to get together...

With a clever look... Well, I accept that criticism... No more. :) But mind you, I always only react, I never "attack" myself...

Well, as for the point, I repeat - I'm in full déjà vu - it's all been going on since maybe 2000. It's all the same. So I suggest we go back and start from the beginning... With a definition of the essence, of the subject... That's what this topic is about, no? "Market definition"...

My opinion - neural networks are great, it's a great idea, but they will not do anything for forex, unfortunately, because you need complete datasets... And they don't have them on the charts.

Classification, too as it implies certain boundaries, classes. The world is changing, and what was once very volatile now seems to be flat.

The market is a system in a permanent state of instability. The image is as follows: "There is a lead ball with a long needle stuck in it on a flat surface which oscillates heavily horizontally. It seems to be constantly falling down, but it can not fall as the plane on which it stands oscillates with a large amplitude and different frequency. :) By the way do you know the line along which some heavy object will move the fastest way from a high point to a low point, provided that these points do not lie vertically on a straight line? ... Well... This is one image, the other is a hollow ball filled with a dense heavy viscous fluid similarly situated on a moving horizontally oscillating and randomly. You can also use such a model - it is the length of a queue of cars at a traffic light... It is clear that it will be different at different times of the day, time of year, day of the week, holidays, it will also depend on the weather, the state of the economy, it will have a trend (it will increase) ... etc.. But, take an object that you understand on a neutral level, and you know, if you think about it in a flat trend way... No way... That's why, traders understand everything more or less, and they laugh in silence at TA... But there's a law in prices. :))

Well, that's what I can do... :)

LProgrammer писал(а) >>

You can if you want to.)

That's right. The market is changing at about the speed of emergence and discovery of its patterns. The market changes, and that's why there are almost no numbers in this thread, they change the fastest, numbers, periods, etc - the TS has to take from the current market (somewhere in this thread is my simple example with crosses of wagons). Sometimes the market gets "stuck" for a while and someone manages to "grab" something...

But no matter what happens with the market, there will always be its movement that can be divided into certain types, at least relative to each other. We called these types as classes. To work with these classes, we need to identify their significant characteristics, each class will have its own set and analyze them. We will pass the trade to different systems in accordance with the determined class and simply follow the movement.

And one of two things, either something will work, or we'll "trade chaos" and I'll finally give up on TA, it's not popular anyway and is used only rudimentarily.

By the way, there are different traders, some make fun of TA, and some read Neely for the 5th time. It's not all so clear-cut...

LProgrammer писал(а) >> The market is a system in a permanent state of instability....

Beautifully put, no argument there. But how all these balls, planes, heavy, viscous fluids, queues at traffic lights can be applied to Forex remains unclear......))))

Figar0 писал(а) >>

You can if you want to.)

That's right. The market changes at about the same rate as it emerges and its patterns are identified. The market changes, and that's why there are almost no numbers in this thread, they change the fastest, numbers, periods etc - the TS has to take from the current market (somewhere in this thread is my simple example with the crossing of the wagons). Sometimes it gets "stuck" for a while and someone manages to "grab" something...

But no matter what happens with the market, there will always be its movement, which, if broken into pieces, can be divided into certain types at least in relation to each other. We called these types as classes. To work with these classes, we need to identify their significant characteristics, each class will have its own set and analyze them. We will pass the trade to different systems in accordance with the determined class and simply follow the movement.

And one of two things, either something will work, or we'll "trade chaos" and I'll finally give up on TA, it's not popular anyway and is used only rudimentarily.

By the way, there are different traders, some make fun of TA, and some read Neely for the 5th time. It's not all so clear-cut...

Yes, your approach makes more sense to me now. But I personally ( IMHO) don't find it very... productive. As it turns out, the reasoning of wise men about an elephant that none of them can see in its entirety. h ttp://www.recont.ru/page76.html

But just because I think so doesn't mean that you are wrong. It is only my opinion. I also believe that the market does not change, it is always the same. The increase in volatility or something else that has changed in its reflection in the form of quotes is only the consequence. And it is very difficult to predict how it will change if you rely only on the consequence. Take the sum of 10 sines with different periods, phases, constant components and coefficients before each of them ... and try to predict it... You can even decompose that graph into a Fourier series...

LeoV писал(а) >>

Beautifully put, no argument there. But how all those balls, flats, heavy, viscous fluids, queues at traffic lights apply to forex remains unclear......))))

Leo, how are you? You don't want to join the team, you don't write anything... I'm being totally serious.

How to apply - the model in your head will help to reason... By the way, I think a lot of people are still unaware of the latest research on the human brain, in which it was found out that in our heads we are constantly modelling the behaviour of the creature we are observing. And there are even signals going to our muscles. And there's a clear three-dimensional model of the world around us in our heads... You know, streets, houses... and so on. And it's reflected right into the brain... So we think in models... :)

LProgrammer писал(а) >>

You can even decompose this graph into a Fourier series...

That's just not my method, I'm a primitivist)

I don't think we should stop at the sensor for the moment either, the problem has been discussed many times and already has some solutions. Better to find out what to do after we have identified one of our classes.

1) Impulse.

2) Movement.

3) Flat, aka sideways or weak movement.

Let's start with the first, "caught by our sensor" momentum. Does anyone trade on the fast market, what guides you, what you look at to make the right decision? Maybe some indicators, observations, patterns, anything else? I have a problem with this class, I usually avoid such a market, set equal stop - take and close my eyes) Not really, but approximately so.... So I'm hoping for some help from the team.

All I can squeeze out is this:

- you could try to monitor the strength of the momentum;

- look at the time of day, for typical news hours;

- If it's forex, try to identify which currency or suddenly both are the driving force behind the momentum;

- maybe the presence of very strong supports, resistances, very "round" levels, etc;

Maybe who can continue/correct?

Yourmindmy >> :

The argument at the beginning of the thread.

are you referring to my posts or what?

Well, yes, if you take Slutsky's market model - as a set of sine waves of different period and amplitude... in principle, you could say that any instrument is in a flat... but as it was said before, what is flat for a long term is a trend for a pipsipser... but the waves of global levels (Primary, Cycle, Supercycle) - they are perceived as a trend by a long term ... so, my point is not to abandon the concept of a "trend", it has a practical use...

In general, I, as an ellioticist, always used the notion of an actionary wave (actionary), a flat (correction) - a reactive wave (reactionary)... acting + counteracting form a fractal ... a complete cycle, so to speak...

but this is theory... ... but in practice, separation of a trend from a flat is necessary for purely practical reasons - there are obvious trend tactics and obvious flat tactics... Using tactics in the wrong places leads to losses... I think everyone will agree with this...

Vinsent_Vega >> :

Are you referring to my posts?

well, yes, if you take Slutsky's market model - as a set of sine waves of different periods and amplitudes... in principle, you could say that any instrument is in a flat... but as it was said before, what is flat for a long term is a trend for a pipsipser... but the waves of global levels (Primary, Cycle, Supercycle) - they are perceived as a trend by a long term ... so, my point is not to abandon the concept of a "trend", it has a practical use...

In general, I, as an elliotist, always used the notion of an actionary wave (actionary), a flat (correction) - a counteractionary wave (reactionary)... acting + counteracting form a fractal ... a complete cycle, so to speak...

but this is theory... ... but in practice, separation of a trend from a flat is necessary for purely practical reasons - there are obvious trend tactics and obvious flat tactics... Using tactics in the wrong places leads to losses... I think everybody agrees...

No, this is where I tried to explain in plain language what forex is. Why are you so attached to these terms... Let's go at it from the other side... Trend in the English translation of the term "trend". I want to blitz.

in blitz mode, sorry, can't do it now... I have other things to do besides the forum... and I don't need one... just answer the point you're trying to make... it's a one-way street...

trending is too general a definition, it's no better than my definition of "acting wave"...

in practice for me "trend" is a lot of things at once... depends on the specific tactic used... But to make it easier for you, let's say a trend is a stretch where it makes sense to use a trailing stop...

Reason: