again on the tester - page 4

mql4com >> :

It's probably better to remain silent than to write such illogical explanations...

yeah... I haven't heard about indicative spreads...

Vinsent_Vega писал(а) >>

I've just read your articles... Apparently you explain it so well to all the newbies that they can't get into the tick generation scheme in a year... think...

Is it that hard to get into it? At the very least open fxt and see...

mql4com писал(а) >>

Proof:

The tick volume of a simulated tick sequence is much smaller than the tick volume of a real tick sequence over the same time interval.

This is easy to check and you (stringo) know it very well.

As an illustration of the imperfection of simulated ticks, anyone can compare simulated and real ticks of news bars.

This is not proof. You say "A" (real volume is greater than modelled), you say "B" - how does that affect testing?

Vinsent_Vega писал(а) >>

Yeah... I haven't heard of indicative spreads...

You haven't heard of indicative quotes either? Spread is just the difference between bid and ask.

stringo >> :

Is it so hard to get into it? At the very least, open fxt and have a look...

you haven't read my posts... I can't get into just one thing - what is a "predefined wave pattern" and how exactly does it work when creating ticks?

stringo >> :

Haven't you heard of indicative quotes either? Spread is just the difference between a bid and an ask.

right... but this value is fixed and it should be shown on the chart, but it is not shown in the figure... why?

stringo >> :

This is not proof. You say "A" (real volume is greater than modelled), you say "B" - how does that affect testing?

It's like I'm doing an exposé... you already know that very well.

Intra-bar simulations of ticks do not match real ticks not only in terms of price values but also in terms of the number of ticks. This means that when working with limit orders (to exclude requotes) there can be (and are) significant differences even between demo trading and tester trading.

For

Vinsent_Vega писал(а) >>

you haven't read my posts... the only thing I can't get into is what is a "predefined wave pattern" and how does it specifically work when creating ticks?

That's what I'm saying, "open fxt and see". Only you need to have at least 30 volume ticks in a one minute bar. Have you seen many of these minute bars? The vast majority of minute bars have 4 to 8 ticks. A bar contains 4 prices - OHLC. These 4 prices were definitely in the price stream. Which came before, H or L is determined by which is bigger, O or C . The "Predefined pattern" starts working when there is more than 4 ticks of volume between known points and more than 4 points of difference. Then it builds a 3-5-3 wave. It goes like this. Open fxt and watch.

stringo >> :

That's what I'm saying: 'open fxt and see'. Only you need to have at least 30 ticks of volume in a one-minute bar. Have you seen many of these minute bars? The vast majority of minute bars have 4 to 8 ticks. A bar contains 4 prices - OHLC. These 4 prices were definitely in the price stream. Which came before, H or L is determined by which is bigger, O or C . The "Predefined pattern" starts working when there is more than 4 ticks of volume between known points and more than 4 points of difference. Then it builds a 3-5-3 wave. It goes like this. Open fxt and look.

there you go... so you can when you want... respect for the pattern scheme (albeit an approximate one)... but you did not answer about the spread display...

ss: yes, I do apologise... I remember somewhere in one of your articles you mentioned something like this... I just forgot.... (although it's more detailed here though)

Reason: