What is sporting and non-sporting trade - page 3

alexx_v >> :

The market does not care what method you use to prove something theoretically, that's the point :) but as I wrote (added) above, you can hold a trade for 60000 minutes, of course, but it is not a fact that the profit in pips on this trade will also be 10000 times more.

Of course, it's not a fact. But if, for example, an M1 EA opens a deal when a new bar appears and closes it when the next bar appears, then the same EA on D1 will have a profit/loss not 5-6 pips (size of M1 bar), but 500-600 pips (size of D1 bar)

and... what personally holds you back from writing and using such a daily pipswitch in real trading? :) and mow 500-600 pips a day? :)

I'm sorry to say that a pipsitter who counts on a couple of pips luck will not work on the daily, which you already know very well without me. And writing "pipsitter", entering/exiting quite often and correctly on M1, unfortunately, has not yet worked out for me.

Fduch >> :
As for the pipsitter reckoning on a couple of pips, you don't need me to tell you that.

So you yourself have answered your own assumption

Fduch >> :

It always seemed to me that if an expert trades profitably on M1, albeit with pips, but without drawdowns, nothing prevents him from making hundreds of times more profit (in pips of course) on D1.

strelec >> :

Renat has introduced a new term - "unsportsmanlike" trading. I would like to know more about what is meant by this term. In my opinion, there can only be honest or dishonest trade. Dishonest trade is when a bad product is sold under the guise of quality, when a monopolistic market position is used to inflate prices or when prices are set too low to drive competitors out of the market, etc.

Who has an opinion?

The terms and conditions clearly state that spreads and stopgaps are subject to change. Leaders have adjusted EAs to fixed values for these parameters. Now they are in the first place and organizers' attempt to change the parameters looks like playing against them. That's the unsportsmanlike nature of this situation.

Of course you're offended that you've forgotten such nonsense. But everyone here is offended for something. I wonder why I, an idiot, did not set the Expert Advisor to go in 5 lots. The American is now worried about the stop. The Highlander is probably banging his head against the wall that he has not set 3 for 5 - he would be in space. The guys from the top 10 were also hit by serious losses. But they managed to get back up again. Surely they also know what caused them to fall. And it is a shame, too.

alexx_v >> :

So you've answered your own assumption.

You mean "a Pips trader counting on a couple of pips will not do on the daily market" - the answer to "if an EA trades profitably on М1, albeit using Pips, but without drawdowns, nothing prevents him from getting hundreds of times more profit (in pips of course) on D1"? If so, it is not quite so. I mean those pipsers who "guess" the direction, i.e. open when they think the market will move in the direction of their close TP and do not make profit due to the fact that the probability to reach a bugs TP is much higher than the probability to reach SL.

Fduch писал(а) >>

If an Expert Advisor trades profitably on M1, albeit with pips, but without drawdowns, nothing prevents it from making hundreds of times more profit (in pips of course) on D1.

Nope. The volatility on daily movements, according to rough estimations, is not hundreds but tens of times larger. Volatility depends on the TF about as a root of the TF. I.e. daily is about MathSqrt(1440) ~ 40 times bigger. And most importantly: there are patterns that work on the minutes but don't work on the days.

strelec >> :

I don't mind. There is no control of the current stopgap in this version, so what can I do? I couldn't have foreseen a global financial crisis in September.

You did not foresee the "behaviour" of third parties who changed the terms without your knowledge (permission), and this is on their "conscience".

The purpose of the Championship is to promote MTS and its capabilities.
There are the Championship Rules and there are the Championship Specifications.
For violation of the rules it is clear - disqualification.

But for violation of technical conditions not leading to disqualification?
Should we disqualify participants for technical conditions?

- The server does not ban Strelec (a ) (to remove his EA, we need a meeting)).
- Strelec decreases his profits with these mistakes. Well , it's not reasonable to consider the Error 130 as an unsportsmanlike trick.

- Strelec's EA errors do not detract from MTS' ability, on the contrary, even with errors in the lead.

==Disqualification for technical conditions =BLEEP==

Once again: "The criterion for evaluation is absolute profit" (c)
e.g. Formula 1 - before the renovation, all cars meet the specifications,
and in the process.
- go off the track, tear up the bodywork, tear up the engines and the wheels,
Nobody takes them off for that, as long as they make it)))), since making it to the track is the essence of the championship.
Reason: