Crisis: Don't we care? - page 5

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Yeah, Bretton Wood is fixed rates to the quid and forex's heat death. I wonder why those bureaucrats didn't move then, when rates were going 500 points a day? Ah yes, there was no such crisis...

When FOREX was becoming, rates were going up to 1,500 a day.
but then the main competitors were out
and now they can overtake.

Choomazik писал(а) >>

Korey, an important point in my opinion: everything is in private hands.... Saw the oil-gold exchange rate recently: stable and hasn't changed in a long time.

Correction: hasn't changed much, in forex terms. Here's the last (almost) 40 years:

Figure unconvincing, explain!

Korey писал (а) >>

to sabluk

slow thinking gentlemen speculators)
going back to that means the abolition of the FOREX market

it will be the death of the forex market of course

all who are in it will rush into other businesses like commodity exchanges

there will be an MT5 - or MT6 to trade on the MICEX and on the London Chicago, New York

Gone are the kitchens, the low spreads ..., the ridiculous highs and lows.

everyone will start making wild profits!

standing in positions on fuel oil and coffee for half a year!

I don't think Bretton Wood is going back to Bretton Wood. There's too much money in the forex market. Maybe they will introduce some discriminators, but they will not give up floating rates. Better some movement (even "bad") than none.

one of the reasons for the crisis may have been the competition between the exchanges.

In the 1950s, AMEX went through a series of scandals involving price manipulation and trading in unlisted shares. In 1972, AMEX was almost equal to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in terms of listing, but with the advent of the electronic exchange NASDAQ, companies started pulling back from AMEX. The crisis lasted for about 10 years until the exchange began trading government bonds, options, derivatives and allowing foreign companies to be listed.

Korey >> :

The drawing is unconvincing, clarify!

I take it all back and argue otherwise, see figure.

YuraZ писал(а) >>

of course this will be the death of the forex market

everyone who's been doing it will rush into other businesses like the commodity exchanges

there will be an MT5 - or MT6 to trade on the MICEX and on the London Chicago, New York

Gone are the kitchens, the low spreads ... and the ridiculous highs and lows.

everyone will start to make wild profits!

Standing in positions on fuel oil and coffee for half a year!

Stocks, CFDs, trading is generally no worse. Also it will hardly come to fixed exchange rates. But what if the margin trading will be suppressed?

Figar0 >> :

Stocks, CFDs are generally just as good to trade. Fixed exchange rates are unlikely to come to fruition either. But what if they choke on margin trading?

There would be advanced sausageism, wouldn't there? :)

Yeah, and they'll strangle the margin and ban robots. We will trade on the phone with 1:1 leverage. Except that in 1929 it seemed to be, but the Depression happened anyway - so much so that today's crisis is just a blossom (the Dow collapsed 10 times in 3 years)...

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Yeah, and they'll strangle the margin and ban robots. We will trade on the phone with 1:1 leverage. Except that in 1929 they did, and the Depression happened anyway - so much so that today's crisis is just a blossom (the Dow collapsed 10 times in 3 years)...

I don't mean to completely strangle, but to clean up the ranks among the players, weed out excess speculators to reduce excess volatility, tighten requirements, make up the regulators, etc. I believe this crisis will come to us :), there will be no end to it, the first wave, but there are enough people drowned... What crazy ideas are on the minds of politicians and financiers who are influenced by politics...

Z.U. Or maybe just, to paraphrase the classic, "don't read the financial papers in the morning").

Reason: