[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 694

Infinity:

You can call them, there are no errors, but how to pass the parameter? I make a call, put the parameter in brackets (which I call), but the answer is a scolding such a parameter does not exist in the indicator.

Do you want to call buffer data?

Your ZigZag has a=0(1) variable. You create your variable a=0(1) from ZigZag and then enter it into GV. Another indicator or Expert Advisor reads this variable from the GV and uses it for calculations or makes a decision to open a position. The MetaEditor's Help describes everything very well. Good luck.

zhuki:
Your ZigZag has a=0(1) variable. You create your variable a=0(1) from ZigZag and then enter it into GV. Another indicator or Expert Advisor reads this variable from the GV and uses it for calculations or makes a decision to open a position. The MetaEditor's Help describes everything very well. Good luck.

If you know what I need, please advise exactly where to look for it in the help! I don't understand what GV is

Infinity:

If you know what I'm looking for, tell me exactly where to find it in the help! I don't understand what GV is
https://docs.mql4.com/ru/globals

Is that clear?

What's the right (faster to work with) - global or iCustom?

Faster through iCustom, but we are talking about another option when iCustom does not work or is not suitable.

All right, got it, thanks :) The heat...

Abzasc:
All right, got it, thanks :) The heat...
It's 30 degrees here in St. Petersburg right now, what about you?

zhuki:

Is that clear?

I got it! I found it, I read it, .... i.e., it turns out! a global variable can only be used within applications started in the terminal, i.e., Expert Advisors, indicators, scripts, etc., it turns out that use of such variables is acceptable for calculations between indicators, i.e., it's ok to run 2 indicators and receive data by a global variable, but in the case of using an EA in a tester, "the tester defines the core", it is impossible, as the expert is loaded, but the indicator cannot be attached in any way, .... i can't attach indicator to it, unless i prescribe default file using template in the tester, and attach indicator to template.

Thank you! Also useful information.

Reason: