SOME ANALYSIS FIGURES FACTS COMMENTS 2008 - page 6

LeoV >> :

All this says only one thing...... I won't reveal the truth and I don't want to offend anyone.....

With all our exertions and desires to create a profitable MTS there is one unpredictable thing - optimal selection of parameters for it (optimization period, OOS, ..... overoptimization, etc. )))) ) ...... made sure (it took almost 7 years - "dumb as a tree") in one thing, that all profits (or Loss - for pessimists) provide only one point (BUT WHAT) - exit strategy!!!!!!!! ........ imho

rider писал(а) >> For all our efforts and desires to create a profitable MTS, there is one unpredictable thing - the optimal selection of parameters for it

I think the art of optimisation is an important factor in trading.

rider писал(а) >> all profit (or Loss - for pessimists) is provided by only one point (BUT WHAT) - the exit strategy!!!!!!!! ........ imho

Don't you think if you take a flip strategy, good entries will be enough?

LeoV >> :

Do you think that if you take a flip strategy, good inputs will suffice?

No one has asked me, but I will answer yes! Because the exit and subsequent entry in a swing are one-step. That's why all trades

in this case can be regarded as entries and since they are good, we are golden!

granit77 писал(а) >> So all trades in this case can be considered entrances and as long as they are good - we're golden!

100%. There are not many good entries in the market (different TFs have different entries). And if we find a good entry for a bai, it will be a good exit for a previous equally good sit. And vice versa. ))))

So there is no point in steaming over exits - it's better to steamed over good entries. Well that's my opinion..... ))))

LeoV >> :

I think the art of optimisation is an important factor in trading.

yes ........... to both your posts!!!!!!! - only one thing left to figure out is the "art of optimisation" ;))

Will you answer(

rider писал(а) >> there is only one thing left to find out, what is the "art of optimisation" ;))

Um.... this is a complex question..... there are a lot of nuances to it. I've tried to steer those interested in this topic in the right direction to find an answer to this question, in my own threads, but I haven't received a concrete answer to them. Nevertheless, I will try to formulate the main points.

1. definition of the right period of optimization. Or rather - to determine the period at which the optimization will give the maximum profit in the future. Many people prefer "the more the better", such as from 1990 to 2008. But I don't think it's right and my experience tells the same thing, and even the experience of this championship.

2) Determining the right range of parameters to search for. Genetic optimizer, in that range in which it is set to search, may not find the right values (values, at which TC brings the maximum profit in the future).

Determination of the right step of searching for these parameters. Well this is the simplest in my opinion, but important too....

Note - I wrote "maximum future profit" everywhere. This is very important.

It's all about the genetic optimizer....... It speeds up search because it does not look through all variants, but because of this may not find the right one, or rather the most correct variant of parameters - the variant that brings maximal profit in the future......

LeoV >> :

Hm.... this is a complex question..... there are a lot of nuances to it. I've tried to steer those interested in this topic in the right direction to find an answer to this question, in my own threads, but I haven't received a concrete answer to them. Nevertheless, I will try to formulate the main points.

1. definition of the right period of optimization. Or rather - to determine the period at which the optimization will give the maximum profit in the future. Many people prefer "the more the better", such as from 1990 to 2008. But I don't think it's right and my experience tells the same thing, and even the experience of this championship.

2) Determining the right range of parameters to search for. Genetic optimizer, in that range in which it is set to search, may not find the right values (values, at which TC brings the maximum profit in the future).

Determination of the right step of searching for these parameters. Well this is the simplest in my opinion, but important too....

Note - I wrote "maximum future profit" everywhere. This is very important.

It's all about the genetic optimizer....... It speeds up search because it does not look through all variants, but because of it can not find the necessary one, or rather the correct variant of parameters - the variant which brings maximal profit in the future......

maybe it makes sense for us to talk to you more closely? ...... thoughts are similar - methods are slightly different...... long time ago I stopped looking for the right inputs (to stoop to it, especially in any period-dependent variant))..... in the end everything is solved by EXIT....... but here????? ........ field not ploughed..... predict - not predict - Fourier - not Fourier - flat - trend, etc......... ------ there is a certain statistical pattern when a position can no longer be held....... has already been voiced by..... and more than once...... the mind is not enough to calculate.

rider писал(а) >>

dumb question as always - is the championship an indicator....... or what?

To that one famous expression: "can we finally stop trying to win and start earning" ........

Perhaps we should think of the championships as mere information, as statistics, as a place to look for ideas

--

For example, I just paid attention to the constellation of pips

very well-written codes and a very realistic chance to win

---

https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/abeiks

https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/strelec

https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/PrizmaL

https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/FXPro

---

again there is reality, i do not know any brokerage companies where at such a strong average daily move, the spread on these pairs = 2 or 3 or stoplevel is so small

i am just saying (whether it is important or not) it is obvious that such a scalper is nothing more than a demo toy, at best for micro-reals

i will not give it to traders on reals

---

and that too information

YuraZ писал(а) >>

again there is reality, i don't know any brokerage companies where at such a strong average daily move, the spread on these pairs = 2 or 3 or a stopgap so small

i am just saying (whether it is important or not) it is obvious that such a scalper is nothing more than a demo toy, at best for micro-reals

i will not give you the chance to do that on the real account.

At Alpari the spread is 3 and it goes up at night. On the cap it is 2. Stoploss at Alpari is 10. At Alpari the spread is 4. So it is not realistic to trade them. Only on Champ.....

Reason: