EA contest on real accounts - page 6

Gans-deGlucker >> :
I can tell you how to run hundred Expert Advisors on Pentium 3 with one GB of RAM and how to get around without buying blade server for 35K. :) my contacts in the profile.

To be fair, if memory serves me correctly, the 35K server was bought for web applications to support the championship, not to run the terminals. The terminals were running on more modest machines.

I would like to clarify whether "a hundred experts" or a hundred terminals are not the same thing. If still terminals, I would like to hear HOW.

This restriction will be reviewed after a few rounds. Part of it is a trivial budget constraint. My interest for now is what I have already said, statistics and interest. Let's call it an experiment, we'll see how it turns out later.

timbo >> :

To be fair, if memory serves me correctly, the 35K server was bought for web applications to support the championship, not to run the terminals. The terminals were running on more modest machines.

I would like to clarify whether "a hundred experts" or a hundred terminals are not the same thing. If it is terminals, I would like to hear HOW.

timbo >> :

To be fair, if memory serves me correctly, the 35K server was bought for web applications to support the championship, not to run terminals. The terminals were running on more modest machines.

I would like to clarify whether "a hundred experts" or a hundred terminals are not the same thing. If terminals are the same, I would like to hear HOW.

Terminals. It's not very difficult, believe me. But I will not describe the details here.

About the blade server. I don't think it was bought to cater for 10,000 unique hosts a day. It's the one that's hosting all the experts that are sent to the championship. Although this thing is serious and in addition to that it may well serve a website with online streaming of several hundred terminals.

Lovecraft писал (а) >>
Это ограничение будет пересмотрено после нескольких туров. Отчасти это банальное ограничение бюджета. Мой интерес пока заключается в том, о чем я уже говорил, статистика и заинтересованность. Назовем это экспериментом, во что он выльется будет видно позднее.

The METAQUOTES Championship has a clear motivation - to promote its products and MQL4

---

Your motivation is still not clear! what is the REASON - will be clear later! - that's a bit vague...

Gans-deGlucker >> :
>> Terminals. It is not very hard, believe me. But I will not describe the details here.

Hmm, tried to run two terminals. They ran without any problems, but when I put EAs on different accounts from the same brokerage company, problems started.

And they were expressed in the fact that only one Expert Advisor traded. Can this point be solved as well?

TheXpert >> :

Hmm, tried to run two terminals. They started up without any problems, but when I put EAs on different accounts from the same DC, the problems started.

I had problems when only one EA traded. Can we also try to solve this problem?

If the accounts are real, then maybe this is the machinations of DC, though what for them... If the accounts are demo, then I do not see any problems. I have about a hundred trades from one computer (real, micro accounts). I do not put anything special in the Expert Advisor code. As Francus would say, believe it or not. :)

what's the point of sending it? ))))
in the .ru space, there are monitoring services or whatever the angelic name ..... is.
The main thing is that you open an account where you like, work from where you like, but you trust the monitor with the investment password,
you trust the invest password,
you may have your results displayed on the website and all other people may see them.
Same as the Championship but with no prizes, no watches and no pants.
you do not risk anything, EA remains with you, the real depo value may be as small as micro.
However)))))
not too many volunteers .....))))
....Sorry))))

Gans-deGlucker писал (а) >>
Terminals. It's not very hard, believe me. But I won't describe the details here.

Certainly, a server that rivals the 35K mentioned can be built for much less. But this brings up resilience issues. Redundancy in disk space, cooling, power supply. Plus detailed self-diagnostics for quick troubleshooting. Plus a brand fee that "guarantees". All this combined raises the price considerably.

I remember wanting to upgrade an old HP server. The motherboard was dual processor, but there was only one P3-1000 Xeon. The manual categorically forbade the use of non-HP processors. The original was offered to buy for $1'500. Found the exact same slot 1,000 with the usual Intel logo. At the shop for 400 quid. Worked without a question.

Same thing with the screws. You peel off the HP sticker, there's another one underneath. It's a SCSI screw made by Seagate. And the price is 2...2.5 times different...

Sergo >> :

Certainly, a server that rivals the 35K mentioned can be built for much less. But this brings up resilience issues. Redundancy in disk space, cooling, power supply. Plus detailed self-diagnostics for quick troubleshooting. Plus a brand fee that "guarantees". All this combined raises the price considerably.

I remember wanting to upgrade an old HP server. The motherboard was dual processor, but there was only one P3-1000 Xeon. The manual categorically forbade the use of non-HP processors. The original was offered to buy for $1'500. Found the exact same slot 1,000 with the usual Intel logo. At the shop for 400 quid. Worked without a question.

Same thing with the screws. You peel off the HP sticker, there's another one underneath. It's a SCSI screw made by Seagate. And the price is 2...2.5 times different...

I absolutely agree. A brand name is worth more than the proverbial 35K and a lot more. The organisers have gone absolutely the right way. I just, like you, like to rip off the labels from time to time :)

2Korey. Unfortunately in the .ru space, services that provide monitoring do not provide the lease of a dedicated server. But keeping the computer turned on all the time to monitor demos, which are periodically leaked by Expert Advisors, not everyone can afford it :). This is the reason for the excitement about the Metaquotes Championship. Everyone is satisfied.

TheXpert писал (а) >>

Hmm, tried to run two terminals. They started up without any problems, but when I put EAs on different accounts from the same brokerage company, problems started.

And they were expressed in that only one Expert Advisor traded. Can we solve this problem too?

I did not have any problems - I ran several terminals, but not a hundred!

Reason: