Is it possible to make bespoke EAs for the championships? - page 6

That's right. I agree, the laws need to be enforced. I think it's more about the prizefighters.

But the restriction is not entirely clear. I'm sure it will be removed as soon as the popularity of the championship begins to fall. The market segment (the number of customers) is narrowing.

I agree with Mathemat that the purpose of making the EA public may be battlefield testing, or advertising, or ...... and other far-reaching goals.

OZ0 писал (а) >>

It is. I agree, the laws need to be enforced. I think this is more of a concern for prize winners.

But the restriction is not entirely clear. I'm sure it will be removed as soon as the popularity of the championship starts to drop. The market segment (the number of clients) is narrowing.

I agree with Mathemat that the purpose of making the EA public may be to test it in combat conditions, or advertising, or ...... and other far-reaching goals.

Currently registered: 1619. Submitted experts: 204. Until the end of registration: 23 days

there are not many days left - I believe the majority will come around September 15

confused by the small number of applicants - last year there were 2000, but apparently there were a lot of SHOOLERS!

The number of registrations last year was 2,000 thousands of which 600 people were accepted.

This year it will not be possible for pipsipsers!

If we come up with around 2000 registrations and 600 skipped registrations, we will probably take the tournament to the UP level in terms of numbers

then either narrow the rules - or allow variations - for popularity - or look for other ways to raise the rating and the number

but if we assume that suddenly the number of cheats became less, 1620 is a good figure, provided that there will be more than 600

---

but still - it's not great that the rules are cutting off stagers! who could have just booked an expert...

AreOZ0 and Geronimo not twins?

One's email is the same as the other's...

Parabellum писал (а) >>

AreOZ0 and Geronimo not twins?

One's email is the same as the other's...

How did you guess?

Phenomenal analytical thinking!!!

Congratulations...

Need any more tips?

YuraZ 27.08.2008 19:19

...but still - it's not great that the rules cut off stagers! who could have just ordered an expert...

>> Quite right.

Geronimo wrote (a) >>

It would be interesting to divide the championship into categories like: Neural Networks, Using Fixed Lots, Pipsers, ... or even come up with difficulty categories ... good thoughts on the subject all read.

YuraZ писал (а) >>

but still - it's not great that the rules cut off stagers! who could have just commissioned an expert...

Apparently, in that case, the expert should be represented by a team of stager and developer (and possibly a tester/optimiser). Why not?

It doesn't take forever for a lone enthusiast to work. Serious things are written by teams.

DrShumiloff писал (а) >>

Apparently, in that case, the expert should be represented by a team of stager and developer (and possibly a tester/optimiser). Why not?

Logically...

DrShumiloff писал (а) >>

Apparently, in that case the expert should be represented by a team of stager and developer (and possibly a tester/optimizer). Why not?

the team option, so to speak, is not yet recognised...

unfortunately - or fortunately - the rules do not allow it...

there will be a difficulty with the official distribution of prizes

that is, the "sport" at the moment is individual

---

again - let's say a team has created an expert - and he's a competitor in 2008

but then you'd have to - put up an "official" to represent the team!

---

Officially - at once - unequal conditions arise!

1 - for imagine a chess player who prepares himself completely

2 - and imagine a chess player with young masseuses running around,

there is a powerful computer centre of 1000 people, calculating variants of endgame openings

there is a group of 100 people who study the opponent's games

etc.

---

To level the playing field, we could divide the contest into sub-categories - "collective developments" and "individual developments".

From an investor's point of view, however, collective developments will have a greater margin of safety and a greater guarantee of profit.

P.S. By the way, masseuses are an idea...

I propose that the winners of the Championship be given masseuses as a bonus...

YuraZ писал (а) >>

the team option, so to speak, is not yet recognised...

again - let's say a team and created an expert - and he is a competitor 2008

but then we'd have to - expose the "official" representing the team!

---

Officially - at all at once - unequal conditions arise!

1 - for imagine a chess player who prepares himself completely

2 - and imagine a chess player with young masseuses running around,

there is a powerful computer centre of 1000 people, calculating variants of endgame openings

there is a group of 100 people who study the opponent's games

etc.

---

Geronimo wrote (a) >>

It would be interesting to divide championship into categories like: Neural Networks, Using fixed lots, Pips players, ... or even come up with difficulty categories ... good thoughts on the subject everyone has read.

Let's add a category - Team Championship. This is how wars will be fought in the future - without blood and without borders.

DrShumiloff писал (а) >>

In order to level the playing field, the competition can be divided into subcategories - 'collective developments' and 'individual developments'.

From an investor's point of view, collective developments would have a greater margin of safety and a greater guarantee of profit.

why? oops, sorry, that came out ;-)

there can only be one guarantee - the probability of errors in the code is lower, its professionalism is higher. but the guarantee of profit is not...

Reason: