:)) Attempt number 2. Or let's speculate about the essence of earning, but without specifics ... :))

:)

There is an opinion that there is 'absolute knowledge/truth', that there is no 'grail' for there can never be...

Generally speaking, philosophically, this is 100% true. Truth of the same series that only God and an insurance policy can give guarantees... Nothing is eternal. But with a reasonable primitivation (simplification) and accepting "eternity" as a finite stretch of time, it is obvious that there is a grail... And this is confirmed by "ottimizations" on history...

So I propose to discuss once again the topic of the grail in order to try to answer the following questions:

1. Can we prove that the grail is nowhere (has not been anywhere) in time, given a sufficiently long period of time during which the grail must exist?

2. What is the average minimum/maximum lifetime of the grail?

3. Are the optimal coefficient functions continuous?

Boundary conditions.

1. A grail is a strategy that makes profit independent of the trend direction. This is an important feature, let us call it grail symmetry.

2. When analysing technical losses such as size and availability of spreads, swaps, and restrictions on capital, lot size limitation, etc. should not be taken into account. In a word only the ideal model.

PS: Conditions not dogma, it is also a subject of discussion, maybe even a prerequisite.

It is claimed that this anecdote was told by Berezovsky when he was "out" of the State Duma:

"What is the difference between an Englishman and a Jew? - An Englishman leaves without saying goodbye, while a Jew says goodbye but does not leave".

NProgrammer писал (а) >>

There is an opinion that there is 'absolute knowledge/truth', that there is no 'grail' for there can never be...

Generally speaking, philosophically, this is 100% true. Truth of the same series that only God and an insurance policy can give guarantees... Nothing is eternal. But with a reasonable primitivation (simplification) and accepting "eternity" as a finite stretch of time, it is obvious that there is a grail... And this is confirmed by "ottimizations" on history...

So I propose to discuss once again the topic of the grail in order to try to answer the following questions:

1. Can we prove that the grail is nowhere (has not been anywhere) in time, given a sufficiently long period of time during which the grail must exist?

2. What is the average minimum/maximum lifetime of the grail?

3. Are the optimal coefficient functions continuous?

Boundary conditions.

1. A grail is a strategy that makes profit independent of the trend direction. This is an important feature, let us call it grail symmetry.

2. When analysing technical losses such as size and availability of spreads, swaps, and restrictions on capital, lot size limitation, etc. should not be taken into account. In a word only the ideal model.

PS: Conditions not dogma, it is also a subject of discussion, maybe even a prerequisite.

Does the Grail have to be pipslow, or is it a long term EA with 1000 pips loss?

"And beasts make mistakes!" said the hedgehog as he climbed down the cactus.....

timbo писал (а) >>

It is claimed that this anecdote was told by Berezovsky when he was "out" of the State Duma:

"What is the difference between an Englishman and a Jew? - An Englishman leaves without saying goodbye, and a Jew says goodbye but does not leave.

It is a Russian who says goodbye but does not leave:)

slayer писал (а) >>

Is the Grail supposed to be a pipslayer? or is it a long term EA with a 1000 pips loss?

The point is that there is such an effect - "coastline effect". Briefly, the essence of it is the following - with an "ideal (idealichtic) world model" an apple can be divided infinitely...

The pips grail or not is not determined by his strategy, but by the limitations of DC, or in other words, it is not important under an ideal model. Only symmetry is important. Or in simple terms the absence of so-called trend indicators.... Indicators that change the essence/grade depending on the trend ... Because it is not interesting, because it will be different.

I have never seen any grails on the real account, or rather a short pip-switch that doubled my deposit in 24 hours, but my account has disappeared in unknown direction (brokerage company just ditched this guy in order not to show off). And the demo grader on Onyx is on the first place - the model developed by me and Stinger on the basis of Lucky. I don't have much experience on the real one yet...

NProgrammer писал (а) >>

The point is that there is such an effect - "coastline effect" Briefly, the essence is the following - under "ideal (idealichtic) model of the world" an apple can be divided infinitely...

The pips grail or not is not determined by his strategy, but by the limitations of DC, or in other words, it is not important under an ideal model. Only symmetry is important. Or in simple terms the absence of so-called trend indicators.... Indicators that change the essence/grade depending on the trend ... Because it is not interesting, because it will be different.

Am I the only one who doesn't get it?

Serg_ASV писал (а) >>

I have never seen any grails on the real account, or rather a long pip-switch that doubled my deposit in 24 hours, but my account has disappeared in unknown direction (brokerage company just ditched this guy in order not to show off). And the demo grader on Onyx is on the first place - the model developed by me and Stinger on the basis of Lucky. Not much experience on the real thing yet...

Yes, demo and other mathematical abstractions, it makes sense to consider, in this reasoning... Analysis and methods of dealing with DC difficulties, this is the next stage, the stage of the implementation of the grail.

To feel the grail, the easiest way :)) You should write an EA in the tester, which saves the zigzag in the file during the first run, and then it will buy and sell during this "anticipating" zigzag... :)) Or in other words, you don't even need a tester to test the grail of the perfect world ... An indicator on the history is enough. Just let the points count.

The answer to your question about the longevity of the grail depends directly on the strictness of the conditions set. The example of the apple is a good one. That is, depending on the perfection of the grail (oil), it may (or may not) take into account the wooliness of quotes and trade equally easily (not easily) on the late seventies and today's quotes. In any case IMHO there is no limit to perfection. And this is important.

It reminds me of something. I think it's a sort of classification of non-existent phenomena. Then you'd better go to the thread about natural intelligence. There was a rather serious argument on this topic a week and a half ago.

Reason: