AutoGraf Series 4 - MQL features. - page 10

OK. Let it be tomorrow.

I do not understand how to attach the tool 4 or 5 to all reopened deals, when they are already reopened, I have already highlighted the order line itself through the list of objects, still it turns out to bind only to one order

the problem is that reopened deals have all the same price (even if they are 2 or 10) and the tool is attached only to... how should I say... the top order, order lines lie on one price and are drawn one over the other as I understand, hence the situation

added:

i have tried it in the tester, if i place tools BEFORE reopening deals, everything is OK, but if i place them after... in general, i should place them at once and there will be no problems, but if i forget, blame yourself :)

SZZY: I'll formulate my thoughts later on the properties of these tools, I think their potential is great.

But no, before I forget, I should remove the restriction on setting the level of stop level, leave a warning, but not deprive the option

And yet, in the testerester tool did not work as I expected, or maybe I do not understand how it works, I think I've read the description, or peculiarities of working in the tester, or at night I need to sleep and not bother the tester :)

There are two thoughts - support the author and kick the author.

Support: I fully support the pricing approach. Being able to buy one license for two is a serious indulgence for poor traders. It's a silly phrase to use - you're either a trader or a low-income trader, it doesn't fit together. The right idea is to target the bourgeoisie, they are willing to pay for the right things. Here - http://www.incrediblecharts.com/subscribe_v.htm - charting software and a screener for 12 bucks a month. And business seems to be good. But they've been mentioned many times in all sorts of publications, not advertising, but just being mentioned amongst others in a feature article - that's worth a lot. I haven't read about MT anywhere yet. You can use it for free there, but with delayed information and seemingly slightly less functionality. 100 bucks a year is not money for a useful thing. On stocks, it could be a commission per transaction. Besides, this purchase will go through the 'investment costs' and the government will refund them 30-50% of the price. But you have to provide some kind of proof of purchase. As well as guidance and support in English at least.

To kick things up a notch: the concept as a whole again reminded me of Lefty with a flea. The work was titanic, but the yield is doubtful. If you think about it, what exactly has been done? Added to and/or fixed a lot of things that have not done metaquotes. Sooner or later, they will do many of the things that MT lacks today, and since it will be integrated into the terminal, it will certainly be much better. Done as it was possible - through a clutter of graphical objects. In my personal opinion, it's extremely inconvenient to operate the programme in this way. You can use it if there's no alternative, but any other alternative will be better.

Will the product work? It's impossible to say since there is no serious information about what MT users are today, who they will be tomorrow, what their needs and capabilities are. In any case, good luck!

alexx_v:

I do not understand how to attach the tool 4 or 5 to all reopened deals, when they are already reopened, I have already highlighted the order line itself through the list of objects, but it still works only with one order

the problem is that reopened deals have all the same price (even if they are 2 or 10) and the tool is attached only to... how should I say... the top order, order lines lie on one price and are drawn one over the other as I understand, hence the situation

added:

i have tried it in the tester, if i place tools BEFORE reopening deals, everything is OK, but if i place them after... in general, i would have no problems if i forget, blame yourself :)

SZZY: I'll formulate my thoughts later on the properties of these tools, I think their potential is great.

But no, before I forget, I should remove the restriction on setting the level of stop level, leave a warning, but not deprive the option

One more thing, in the Strategy Tester the tool didn't work as I expected it to, or I don't understand how it works, I've read the description, or peculiarities of working in the Strategy Tester, or I should sleep at night instead of playing with the Strategy Tester :)

The problem with overlapping lines is understandable. It was also intended for "growing up". The solution will be simple: a list of orders for manual selection in a column on the left side of the instrument and setting itself in 2 steps, like 9,10,11.

About "if we place a symbol BEFORE reopening trades", it is still unclear. Please explain, what do you see the problem? I have now tried 4 and 5 in the tester, they seem to work as intended. It remembers the initial opening at re-opened positions and uses them in calculations, especially if we are talking about Breakeven. And the new current open rate has no importance (in the tester and in real life), if that's what you mean.

Also, please be more specific about the Stop Level. It is not clear what we are talking about.

SK. писал (а):

The problem with overlapping lines is clear. This too was sensibly left to "grow out". The solution will be simple: a list of orders for manual selection in a column to the left of the instrument, and the setting itself in 2 steps, like 9,10,11.

Great, this issue has been taken care of.

I think it would be even more clear and convenient if we could add the deal's lot size to the order number, so that we wouldn't have to look into the terminal and find out what deal is under this number (we need the number of lots next to it, for example - Sell_Order_514038_0.01).

About "if we place a symbol BEFORE reopening trades", it is still unclear. Please explain, what do you see the problem? I have now tried 4 and 5 in the tester, they seem to work as intended. It remembers the initial opening at re-opened positions and uses them in calculations, especially if we are talking about Breakeven. And the new current open rate has no importance (in the tester and in real life), if that's what you mean.

No, I do not see a problem with tools, if they are placed BEFORE reopening trades, I just opened a deal, attached 4/5 respectively and no problems, after reopening 4/5 tools are easily modified. The problem was and is with AFTER, and it is a line overlay problem, and the solution you have already described above, hence the problem will be eliminated.

Also, please be more specific about the Stop Level. It is not clear what we are talking about.

About StopLevel later, for something I don't understand how tools 4 and 5 work, explain in more detail if you can with an example, maybe my question will disappear by itself then.

Let me explain how I understand the logic of instruments 4 and 5.

For example, the price of a symbol, say USD/EUR, is currently 1.5000 and we open a SELL position of 0.1. As long as the position has not reopened or swapped yet, I set on the order the 5 tool with parameters, say, 100/25, respectively the 5 tool itself is attached to the price coordinate 1.4900. Then the price moves up and the deal is reopened at 1.5100, good. Next, assuming the price declines, I move the 5 tool to the 1.4950 level, its parameters change to 50/25. What do I expect from tool 5? I expect that if the price decreases to the level of 1.4950, i.e. touches or passes through the 5 tool, the trade will yield 50 pips and the 5 tool will set a stop loss at 1.4975 (tool parameter 25) and thereby fix profit.

I ran it on the tester, another instrument, other prices, but the meaning is the same, I expect the expected reaction - nothing. The price moves squared tool 5 over 25 pips and nothing happens.

I read the description, I emphasized modification of stop-loss, but I did not use it! I re-run the same situation in the Strategy Tester, but with stop-losses already set... The result is the same, nothing happens ... stop-loss is not modified.

Slowly but surely I start to think that I misunderstand something and am actually waiting for something that the tool shouldn't do.

Ay Em Need Help :)

4 and 5 are the easiest to calculate.

The base price (BC) for the calculation is the opening price of the order. If an order has already been opened at the moment the programme is switched on, there is no way to know the initial price, in this case the current price of the open order is taken as the base price.

Breakeven means that the StopLoss is set to Breakeven price relative to the Base price.

Execution of the instrument's control action = moving the StopLoss to Breakeven.

The instrument is executed at the specified execution price (OI), i.e. when the current market price reaches the OI. The strike price of the instrument is set based on the Ds (the number to the left of the instrument). Ds is assumed to be equal to the set value in the sub-window at the time of setting the instrument. Price = BC + Ds.

(using the Buy order as an example): if the current market price (TP is based on the quote that closed the order, Bid for 4) is higher than the BC + Ds then the CH is calculated as follows: CH = TP+TickSise. (Therefore 4 instr. cannot be set lower than TC and 5 cannot be set lower). The actual Ds is therefore recalculated in reverse order of the achieved (based on the CI). Of course, the recalculation only affects the Ds for this manual and does not affect the commonly used Ds value in the general settings.

The price at which the StopLoss is set is based on St (to the right of the instrument icon): SL = BC + St. All limits - StopLevel, FreezeLevel, etc. - are taken into account at the time of execution. (e.g. the Close All feature has a higher priority, hence the bid for the 4th and 5th instr will be rejected)

Ask a question about StopLevel. I don't understand the problem yet.

And in the tester ... AT and AG are fully operational. They have to be switched on. Have you switched them on?

Presence of StopLoss at the time of installing Instr. 4 and 5 is irrelevant (if not, it will be created).

SK. писал (а):

They have to be switched on. Have you turned them on?

Semyon Semyonych!... :)))) I'm sorry, I didn't switch them on :)) I'll double-check, I'll report back.

Told myself I should sleep at night instead of torturing the tester :)

Of course, everything works fine, I would even say great, my own fault, it was my inattention, nothing more.

Задайте вопрос по StopLevel. Я пока не понимаю проблему.

Now concerning the StopLevel.

(using Buy order as an example): if the current market price (TP is based on the quote that closed the order, for 4 - Bid) is higher than the BC + Ds, the CH is calculated using the possible: CH = TP + TickSise.(That is why 4 order cannot be set lower than TP and 5 cannot be set lower).

If we look at the work of these tools from the point of view of the absolute breakeven on a certain order, then it is clear that the breakeven will be a certain positive value, and it cannot be negative by definition. But... if we consider the work of these same instruments in the viewpoint of losslessness for several orders, for example, for two orders, then the following will happen: the breakeven point will be situated somewhere between two orders, and the loss on one order will be covered by profit on the other one. I will try to consider it by example, because it will be clear and there will be no misunderstandings. So: (I will use your abbreviations, Sergey, again, not to be confused)

The same financial instrument dollar/euro, TC 1.5000, we open trade 1 Buy 0.1 (BC 1.5000), set instrument 4 with ID 1.5100 (Ds 100 St 50), assuming further price growth we want to take profit at 1.5050. And the price falls, contrary to our expectations, let's say to the level of 1.4900. We open one more trade at RC2 Buy 0.1 (BC 1.4900), the price turns around and starts, as we expected, to move up.

The breakeven point on both trades will be at 1.4950 and we want to fix it, we can set tool 4 on trade #2 with a CI of 1.5000 (Ds 100 St 50) for example, but... we cannot modify tool 4 of the first trade and set a CI of 1.5000 (Ds 0 St -50) as this is against the algorithm of the tool itself

No, before I forget, we should remove the restriction on setting the stop level, leave the warning, but not deprive the possibility

That's why I suggested removing the restriction, to give more flexibility to the tool, but of course keeping the warnings.
Reason: