AutoGraf Series 4 - MQL features. - page 7

Sergey, there is a suggestion to add to the installer, or even not to the installer, a couple of *.set files, containing basic EA settings for white and black backgrounds. (for black it is not necessary, all colours of all objects are well chosen) IMHO user can spend half a day selecting colours for each object for white background. ...And this procedure is not so simple and not so fast, but maybe I am getting ahead of myself, because it was mentioned earlier, that in manual there will be description of settings, maybe emphasis will be placed on colour settings, but .. nevertheless, no matter how you spin it, but giving the user two ready-made *.set a la "black top - white bottom" and "white top - black bottom" will put in your bank a couple of pluses in the form of delight of the same user, the product is not freeware, it makes sense

Yes, I plan to do that. In the next build.

SK. Thank you, after entering the actual screen resolution, the problems with fonts and going outside the window disappeared.

I don't have any errors related to the news display. And in general, so far no errors have occurred.

But the news for two hours behind reality, ie if the news was at 15 Moscow time, it must be at 13 terminal time, but here it is also in the 15.

About the coincidence of several news in time:

1) you can just put on top of the news that is not related to this pair, and in the description is a comma to display the names of all the news, but it is for your algorithm is not very convenient ...

2) you can make a tooltip when hovering over the line of news description of current news

3) You can just put a line, without a signature of the news release time, and separately add a button displaying detailed information on the news.

And I support alexx_v's suggestion about several *.set files - it is necessary (at least 2).

The news file AG_News.csv is in the files folder.

You can open it in notepad and correct the time. It's very simple there.

By the way, it is possible for the user to create their own news file, e.g. for a day or a week. You can also add your own news (e.g. 22:00 on Fri. - Close everything, nothing will happen. ). The error mentioned on page 1 has to do with the length of the entries. It is recommended that the record length (number of characters per line) should not exceed 62 letters. So far, it is not very clear why some people get this error and others don't.

As for the news overlay, you can put it on top. But that doesn't solve the problem, because the overlap can be on one currency. For example, at 16:30 MSc in the US, news sometimes comes out in packs.

I still need to think for myself and listen to user suggestions. Also, there is an idea to add:

- an audible notification 5 min before the news release(configurable);

- introduce the concept of "important news" and display it in a bolder line.

Sergey, Metatrader loads slightly with AutoGraph on one window, 20-25% of CPU resources, yesterday I ran it on three tools - the load is under 100%.

alexx_v:
Sergey, Metatrader loads slightly with AutoGraph on one window, it eats 20-25% of CPU resources, yesterday I ran it on three tools - the load is under 100%.

The programme uses a looped expert. This allows the program to react to user influences when they occur (rather than when a new tick arrives). If no special measures are taken, the program can eat up 100% of the resources without a trace. To prevent this, a pause of 1 ms has been introduced into a large program cycle. This allowed to unload the CPU to a load of 10-15%.

In my opinion it's quite an acceptable state of affairs. I assumed that while MT is running, the trader's PC shouldn't be loaded with a significant number of other programs. Probably, it is correct to think that trader should not look at the screen all the time, but can afford to look at mql4.com forum from time to time :) Therefore, in addition to MT, the browser may be open. To load something else besides that is undesirable.

Of course, the more windows you have open and the more applications installed in them, the greater the load on the CPU. Technically, the load can be fully controlled. If, for example, one prescribes a longer pause in the cycle, this will of course reduce the CPU load. But at the same time it will affect the performance. After the icon is moved, the program response will not appear immediately but will be delayed. For example, it will irritate you when working with scales and the opening of orders, even with a small delay, will cancel out all the efforts (one of the program features - instant response).

These are the results you can see if you have only MT and IE6 open in the PC. The first half of the graph is when the AG is on, setting the tools. The second half is the period when the user is not active, but the program is still fully functional. The small spike at the end is the mouse fiddling associated with screen copying.

Perhaps this parameter should (simply) be brought out into the EA's external settings. Anyone who doesn't want to load the CPU, and is willing to sacrifice performance for it, can set any pause. 0 will mean no pause and performance will increase many times over, but the user will not notice it, because the current implementation of the program response is quite good. And who sets more, he will see everything twitchy, but will save resources (proportionally to the pause setting).

Пожалуй, этот параметр нужно (просто-напросто) вывести во внешние настройки эксперта.

I think it will be absolutely correct, at least every user will be able to pick up the parameters best for themselves

Oh, Sergei, you're not bored, I thought I'd only get a new widescreen monitor, but no, I will have to "tachanka" upgrade as well :)

By the way. Turn off all unnecessary information, this will increase performance and free up resources.

In every part of the programme (toolbar, settings interface, tool setting values) a saving mode has been introduced. This means that:

- if, for example, the toolbar is on, the program sequentially polls all 37 graphical objects (hey, object, give me your coordinates, I'll see how you behaved in the last 12 ms :), and if any of them has been activated by the user, the program executes the given algorithm;

- if the toolbar is hidden, the program knows this and doesn't ask how the objects (which aren't there) behave.

The same applies to news lines, numbers next to tools, info lines, etc. The less graphics on the screen, the shorter is the period of processing of these graphics, the smaller is the ratio of the execution time of the algorithm in the loop to the pause time. The freer the PC resources are.

Thanks, I'll know, I hid the panel - the effect is evident :)

That's ok, I think the full manual will tell us a lot more, different nuances and intricacies :)

Yes, Sergey, you have confirmed my hunch about the looped algorithm!

Then you definitely need to output a variable measured in milliseconds.

But from the point of view of ordinary user not a programmer in my opinion it's better to output a value which implies how many polls per second to make (say, in the range of 100 - 1, or even less frequently).

For example with this Expert Advisor I can not watch movies in HD in some cases comfortably, there are jerking sometimes.

As for the news, it would also be reasonable to adjust the time in the properties of the Expert Advisor itself, because it is not very comfortable for an ordinary user to browse through files.

Что касается накладки новостей, то поставить наверх можно. Но это не решает проблему, т.к. накладка может быть по одной валюте. Например, в 16:30 Мск в США новости иногда выходят пачками.

so what, it's just that the main thing is to always have the news related to the instrument at the top... After all, it's not a news calendar, but just a reminder, so to speak, that there will be news at that time, and the details can either be seen on the internet or a separate program function can be made that will give details on the news.
Reason: