Market condition - flat or trend? Which dominates? - page 7

komposter:
Xadviser:
Unfortunately, it does not connect to the chart. Saved in the folder indices. Maybe something else is needed?

This is a script. It must be saved in the "MT4\experts\scripts\" directory. Then open and compile it (F5) or restart the terminal.

In the directory "MT4\experts\indicators\" there should be the indicator that you posted, the script uses it in its calculations.

It's not running for some reason. Could it be because the name of ZigZag does not match? I noticed that when I attached the file its name changed. My original is called ZZm-fx-txt, but attached with the name ZZmufxytxt.mq4

Xadviser:
For some reason it won't start. Could it be because the name of ZigZag does not match? I noticed that when I attached the file its name changed. My original is called ZZm-fx-txt, but attached it with the name ZZmufxytxt.mq4

Yes, that's why.
Replace the indicator name in the script with the correct one (in 3 places).

Already tweaked the code. It all worked out. The figures surprised me. It did not coincide with my prediction, but I got a ready-made system at once, with a significant advantage. But we still need to analyse the results.

I wonder if the last segment in this script will be redrawn along with the completion of the channel?

Xadviser:
I wonder if the last segment in this script will be redrawn along with the completion of the channel?

You can make it so that it refreshes. At the moment the script is switched off as soon as it is finished.

Surprisingly, with more channel width (200pp) even more trend to flat ratio. 80/20 only in favour of the trend. Maybe it's with the recent events on the Eura?

Yes... something to think about... Need to look at other pairs

In this euphoria I forgot to thank you Andrei. A huge THANK YOU for your help in solving this problem. I think this exemplary cooperation will benefit everyone.

At narrow values (25pp), the situation reverses in favour of a flat.

Xadviser:

At narrow values (25pp), the situation reverses in favour of a flat.

And the trend is still 60% of the time...

komposter:
The script draws trend lines (green-red)/flat lines (white) and displays basic statistics (number of Trend/Flat sections, their total length in bars and in % of the total history).
It's necessary to check and determine exactly what is counted. The question is about the length in bars. I will try to give a more detailed description of what should be calculated to make the estimation correct. And it will need to be checked against the result. But that's in the afternoon, although it's almost morning....

It would be interesting to run the Expert Advisor in two variants

1. pure (to see what kind of losses on flags)

2. on condition not to open a new position, until the trend reverses.

I do not feel sleepy in general. Need to force myself....

Reason: