why write an advisor.

Good afternoon!

Please tell me why I should write an EA. If your trading tactics are good, don't you have enough of it? Do you have to elaborate? My opinion is that a normal trader who really earns by his tactics does not even think about such toys. A trader who earns is the one who works, analyzes and follows everything in the world, not the one who wants to invent the rules and live without working. Forex is just a tattletale in another form. Tell me this, who sees MTS for a sweepstakes.

ilnar_s, You're a genius!!! Order in the studio!!!

"AND THAT'S RIGHT..."

Really, why? Round logs need to be carried and square logs need to be rolled... You'd think they'd want to live here without working...

ilnar_s:

Tell me this, who sees MTS for the sweepstakes.

Man, my Promt is better at translating texts than you are at speaking Russian :)

It's also funny that you addressed the programmers' forum with this topic... Like, "People, come to your senses!!!"

What's a "nibbling" tactic? In manual trading, it's experience*good luck. If you trade on the fundamentals, then EAs are useless (IMHO), if you trade on the basis of technical analysis, then the Expert Advisor can objectively evaluate how much your tactics are "bonkers", and also get rid of repetitive actions. The Expert Advisor is called an "Expert Advisor", nota"Grail".

Kharin:
ilnar_s:

Tell me this, who sees the MTS for the sweepstakes.

Man, my Promt translates texts better than you do in Russian :)

It's also funny that you've turned to the programmers' forum with this topic... Like, "People, come to your senses!!!"

What's a "nibbling" tactic? In manual trading, it's experience*good luck. If you trade on the fundamentals, then EAs are useless (IMHO), if you trade on the basis of technical analysis, then the Expert Advisor can objectively evaluate how much your tactics are "bonkers", and also get rid of repetitive actions. The Expert Advisor is called an "Expert Advisor", nota"Grail".

1. Russian is not my native language and if I write in my own language, you won't understand anything.

2. If you trade on the fund without or on the other side you are by definition on the sidelines. (it is possible to assess the reality of driving but not hearing and vice versa).

And why are you programmers always on the forum? Instead of writing software.

ilnar_s писал (а): (it's possible to appreciate the reality of being led but not heard and vice versa)

That's strong, the Albanians are in a state of flux.

Ilnar, how do you feel about gays? If not so, come to their forum and try to change their minds so they all convert to straight.

Mathemat:
ilnar_s wrote (a): (it is possible to assess the reality of being led but not heard and vice versa)

That's strong, olban rests.

Ilnar, how do you feel about gays? If not so much, come to their forum and try to change their minds so they all convert to straight.

You're suggesting I turn all the suckers into normal dudes.

ilnar_s:
And why are you programmers always on the forum? Instead of writing software.
The question is along the lines of "if you're all so smart, why don't you walk in formation?

By the way, there are no semantic errors in Ilnar's texts! And the grammatical errors are due solely to national peculiarities; they are more likely not mistakes, but accents. Imagine, I read his text, understood the meaning, and did not notice a single error until I read the rest of the comments. Texts without semantic errors on this forum have long been a BIG rarity.

All right, you've had your fun. You can answer seriously, it's not a childish question.

Why write?
And how can you evaluate your strategy over a long period, without spending a time period of several years?
Very simple - we write an Expert Advisor, test it, and evaluate it.
Most often these tests lead to the conclusion that the strategy is fundamentally wrong. So we throw it away, and come up with something new. And so on, until we find something that can more or less stand up to criticism. This is a strategy that we start to polish using its signals in online trading (on demo or real trading, whatever one likes).

That is, you can find a profitable strategy, without wasting your own money and time (read "your life").

And installing an Expert Advisor, so that it earns you money on its own, is also wrong (I'm not considering the case of the grail). The Expert Advisor only deals with the signal part, helping the trader track ALL of the signals, because many of them a person simply can not see. Upon receiving a signal from the Expert Advisor, the trader decides whether to confirm it or not.

At least, I chose this approach for myself. I will not speak for others.
Reason: