[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 151

drknn:

Sevastopol. So when you come to the sea for a holiday, you should know that it's forbidden to drink beer on the bench.

No way.......Listen, how are you doing with mass events? Today was the day of the city (Surgut) I almost broke my legs on these bottles..... And the law is kind of for everyone.... No one in public places......

So what? Krasnodar has had such a ban for a few years now. In 2007, the cops went on a rampage, rounding up kids who were quietly drinking beer in their yards.

People worked it out: they wrap a bottle around a newspaper or a bag and quietly walk around, drinking beer. There's no formal reason to get caught up in it.

nikelodeon:

Holy crap.......Listen, how are you doing with mass events? Today was the day of the city (Surgut) I almost broke my legs on these bottles.....The law is kind of for everyone.... No one in public places......

Our people behave cheekily with those arrested, not all of them, but often in this way. Well it is understandable - in Sevastopol there is absolutely other atmosphere of dialogue than in other cities. And I have been to many places - I traveled all over the former USSR from Kaliningrad to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. I have a lot to compare it with. And friends have repeatedly told me that, for example, in St. Petersburg the police is completely different - if I talked to methinks in Sevastopol the way a St. Petersburger talks to his own people, I would inevitably be beaten up and taken to court. And in the morning I'd be accused by the judge of resisting the police. In short, our cops are tough and it's better not to get into their hands.

Mathemat:

So what? Krasnodar has had such a ban for a few years now. The cops rampaged in 2007, rounding up kids who were quietly and calmly drinking beer in their yards.

People have got out of it: they wrap a bottle in newspaper or a bag and go about drinking beer. There's no formal reason to get caught up in it.

These bans do not lead to anything good. Forbidden fruit is known to be sweet. Our people are being ruined by such bans. Gorbachev proclaimed Prohibition and what was the result? People began to drink all kinds of their own production. The authorities have not understood the lesson. V.A. Yefimov rightly says in his lectures at the Security Service of Ukraine that the political leaders of our countries have no idea of how to run a state in the long term. So, a ban has been introduced on drinking alcoholic beverages in public places. What will it lead to? What will be the result of this instrument of influence? Will we be pouring beer into lemonade bottles in the street? Well people will still drink if they want to. Wrong tool and a bad result. The authorities have not understood the lesson that the USSR went through by passing a prohibition law. Such laws cause nothing but dissatisfaction with the authorities.

P.S.

Let us recall school history course. Sign of revolution - "The grassroots cannot live according to the old ways, the top cannot rule according to the old ways". What kind of governance can we talk about if the government takes steps to increase people's dissatisfaction with the top? And what will it lead to? I think the answer is obvious.

We need to change life in the country - that is clear, but we should start by educating those in power, not by oppressing the people. The people pay taxes, part of which goes to pay the police. As a result, it turns out that I pay money to the police, and they capture peaceful citizens. And all because someone from the top gave such an order. Is that all right? The money is wasted.

drknn:

The people pay taxes, part of which goes to pay the police. As a result, I pay money to the police, while they catch civilians. And all because someone from the top gave such an order. It's a waste of money.

Unfortunately, in our country it's not taxes, it's tribute.

And you don't come to rest in Sevastopol. And don't come to Krasnodar either. The authorities will gradually catch on.

By the way, students sometimes pour beer into Coca-Cola bottles.

Richie:

The authorities will gradually catch on.

You might want to take off those rose-coloured glasses.

PapaYozh: You might want to take off those rose-coloured glasses.
They're colorless :) It'll work out, but it'll take a long time. We take a long time.

drknn:

"The grassroots cannot live the old way, the top cannot govern the old way".

No, it's not like that. Classically, it is only the tops that can't. The bottoms don't want to (harmony, if you look at it).

I basically agree that you can't drink on the street, we have so many alcoholics, junkies and others in this country that we could declare a prohibition for an indefinite period :)
Reason: