Useful features from KimIV - page 95

Mischek >> :

Well, that's exotic, not what we're talking about.

Victor is looking for something that will work in MT.

It's not exotic at all!

I have fifty EA variants in my demo account, each of them controls its own and total equity and I am watching all peaks of total equity sliding down to the balance with a melancholy look.

Of course, it is highly doubtful that an equi-tral will save the father of Russian democracy, but you should check it out.

granit77 >> :

It's not exotic at all!

Right now I have half a dozen Expert Advisor variants in the demo account, each of them controls its own equity and total equity, and I am watching the peaks of total equity sliding down to the balance with a melancholy look.

Of course, we have great doubt that the equity-tral will save the father of Russian democracy, but we have to check it.

"Exotic" - I meant what Alexander didn't bring as an example and it has nothing to do with MT4.

It always helps to check it).

If several tools work together on one account, you essentially get one, albeit consisting of several subsystems.

You also need to look at what to mix it with.

The only criterion is the maximum capacity of the deposit within mm (say 10%).

If you have two similar trend Expert Advisors, putting them together does not make sense, even for the sake of equity straightening.

You have to find out which of them is better and leave it.

If you have an Expert Advisor on a pullback and it is worse than the trend one by its criteria, we should still place it,

or if you have three for Asia, three for Europe and three for America,

choose the best one for each session and put three

Suppose the European in work and has not yet closed (in the + or - does not matter)

The American one has opened and lost equity, so what is the connection with the European one?

Well, it's all imho, of course.

Mischek писал(а) >>

..imho of course.

I almost agree with everything, I'll even use the idea of combining session systems. But so far the task, as you have correctly guessed, is to straighten equity, as I consider critical drawdowns to be the main evil. For now I use TakeProfit on aggregate equity and hope the trawl will improve the result. My objectives are local and rather conservative, the trawl will help me here. Yes, I do feel annoyed when trawl cuts promising trades, but it is a team game, something has to be sacrificed. It's a small price to pay for smoothness of equity, as it will be repaid a hundredfold by increasing risk tolerance while increasing system reliability. Also IMHO.

If my calendar doesn't lie, it was Igor's birthday today and also his anniversary.
All the best!

40 is not an anniversary, it's a normal birthday! Congratulations!

Happy holidays Igor.

I really learned from your functions.

Respect

KimIV >> :

OpenPosition() function for online.

Igor how to add more error handling to this function 129

mazepa писал(а) >>

Igor how to add to this function also error handling 129

You don't need to add anything... It's already in the line.

if (err!=135) Sleep(1000*7.7);

Thank you all for congratulating me on my fortieth birthday... It's an age when birthdays aren't fun, but it's still nice to receive congratulations!

KimIV >> :
... It's that age when birthdays aren't fun...

It's funny to hear. Banal adolescent nihilism :))

Reason: