Beta version of the online book on MQL4 programming - by Sergey Kovalev (SK.) - page 2

Of course, hoping that the tutorial will quickly become part of the MetaEditor's helpdesk is rather naive.
Related question: if I download it with telport to install it offline, won't I get my IP blocked?
Because you don't always live online.

granit77:

Related question: if I download it with a telport to install it offline, won't my IP be blocked?

They will.

Great tutorial, ran my eyes and remembered the VB language tutorial, which started my full-fledged course in the world of programming, I'm sure that many will appreciate your work and as you know, maybe realize what I did not understand before. The quality of this book is at a level from beginning to end, I liked it, you could expect the same only from Microsoft Publishers with translation into Russian. I am sure it is at a high level in comparison with current books, though I have nothing to compare it with, I haven't read books for a long time. As you know, in order to understand the principles of all languages, it is enough to understand the principles of one language, and then you can limit yourself to intuitive conclusions, this book realizes just such a case, it is an opportunity to start, just by reading :)

It would be nice if the moderators could put a link to the book in the Recent Articles section on the front page.

SK. писал (а):

It's hard to imagine a better New Year's present!)

Sart писал (а):
I can't find iCustom(...) ?

See Tutorial - Simple Programs in MQL4 - Sharing Programs .

By the way, there is a piece missing from the Expert Advisor code presented in the text (blocks 6-8, we'll fix it later), but the link shared.mq4 provides the correct code.

SK. писал (а):
Sart wrote:
I can't find iCustom(...) ?

See Tutorial - Simple programs in MQL4 - Sharing programs .
Got it, thanks...

xnsnet:
As you know, to understand the principles of all languages, it is enough to understand the principles of one language, and then you can limit yourself to intuitive conclusions, this book realizes just such a case, it is an opportunity to start, just by reading:)

The last phrase in your post appeared a little later than the previous text, so you must have looked through it and seen it.

Yes, this tutorial is intended for beginners who have no programming skills, but want to learn automated trading and are willing to spend some time on learning the language. The text is written in such a way that you won't have any questions when reading each next paragraph. For this purpose, all necessary definitions, explanations and examples are given in the previous paragraph. Most of the codes are complete, so it is recommended that you try all the programs presented in the textbook on your computer.

It is assumed that after completion of full course (without skipping and skipping ahead) reader will be able to write programs of medium complexity by himself/herself.

MetaQuotes:
granit77:

Related question: if I download it with telport to install it offline, won't my IP be shut down?

They will.
Can't you make a printable version ?

A week ago I installed and tried Meta Trader for the first time. It turned out to be much more convenient than the ones I used before (Rumus and Forex Trader). About two years ago, when I got to know about Forex and opened my first demo account, I wondered how to automate everything. Then I opened the terminal and saw the message Autotrading in the mail section. And here I am))) Intensely reading the book, and I hope that soon I will write my first Expert Advisor for my developed strategy. I had absolutely nothing to do with programming before, it was even hard to imagine that I would ever study programming))) As I was reading, questions arose, but they also disappeared as I went along. The question appeared, I looked ahead and was satisfied, because I saw the answer after a couple of chapters and went back to read everything in order. I was especially attracted by the possibility to test the strategy on historical data and adjust the strategy as a result.
Anyway, thanks a lot for the book.
Reason: