How can I tell if an advisor is being knocked out by the DC? - page 3

Integer:

Make a Print() to the log before calling OrderSend()

I will try

Fedor_a:
xeon:
Fedor_a:
I have already started working with my brokerage company and they say they do not disable Expert Advisors, I do not believe them.

You should contact MetaQuotes technical support department and they may teach you to use help at https://docs.mql4.com/ru/check/IsTradeAllowed.

Or at least listen to what more experienced people say, e.g. timbo -

( The settings on the demo server and on the real server can be different. Go through the Expert Advisor code and display all checks/conditions in the log. Look what is not working - it is different than on the demo. It's after you check all the items, but it seems to me that the expert does not see opportunities for trading with those settings that are on the real server, ie, no one forbids it, and he does not want to.

I have a multi-currency Expert Advisor. It works on M5 and opens one currency 3 times during the day. I have already read the help (I was taught to read at school). What exactly may be the difference between demo and real servers. If I may be more specific. As for the experience - what makes you think I don't have enough of it?

If you (as you claim) are an experienced mql then conduct comparative tests (like timbo wrote), lay out the logs and description of checks here, then there will be something to talk about, but it's just water for nothing, but guessing with a coffee grounds. If we look at the differences of quotes on demo and real accounts, it has long been a well-worn theme (search the forum), these differences (smoothing the "fluffiness" of quotes) just affect the work of scalping experts.

xeon:
Fedor_a:
xeon:
Fedor_a:
I have already started working with my brokerage company and they say they do not disable Expert Advisors, I do not believe them.

You should contact MetaQuotes technical support department and they may teach you to use help at https://docs.mql4.com/ru/check/IsTradeAllowed.

or at least listen to what more experienced people say, e.g. timbo -

( The settings on the demo server and on the real server can be different. Go through the Expert Advisor code and display all checks/conditions in the log. Look what is not working - it is different than on the demo. It's after you check all the items, but it seems to me that the expert does not see opportunities for trading with those settings that are on the real server, ie, no one forbids it, and he does not want to.

I have a multi-currency Expert Advisor. It works on M5 and opens one currency 3 times during the day. I have already read the reference (I was taught to read at school). What exactly may be the difference between demo and real servers. If I may be more specific. As for the experience - why do you think I do not have enough of it?

If you (as you claim) are an experienced mql then conduct comparative tests (like timbo wrote), lay out the logs and description of checks here, then there will be something to talk about, but it's just water for nothing, but guessing with a coffee grounds. If we look at the differences of quotes on demo and real accounts, it has long been a well-worn theme (search the forum), these differences (smoothing the "fluffiness" of quotes) just affect the work of scalping experts.

I am not going to prove or compare anything here. If you don't know what's going on and can't think of any possible, not stupid, options, you might as well not write anything.

Fedor_a:
I have a multi-currency Expert Advisor. It works on M5 and opens one currency 3 times during the day. I have already read the help (I was taught to read at school). What exactly may be the difference between demo and real servers. If I may be more specific. As for the experience - what makes you think I don't have enough of it?
Well, for example, the same as for vin-win different demo server Metakvotov (ie, before the contest) and the real server Metakvotov (the same server, but today). Also, their real server has different settings during the day. On the other hand, would anyone bother with clever filtering and variable settings on the demo server?

Fedor_a:
I am not going to prove or compare anything here. If you don't know what's going on and can't think of any possible, not stupid, options, you might as well not write anything.
You're kind...
You have been given real advice several times already. The only stupid option here is yours - "DC knocks out the Expert Advisor".

timbo:
Fedor_a:
I have a multi-currency Expert Advisor. It works on M5 and opens one currency 3 times during the day. I have already read the reference (I was taught to read at school). What exactly may be the difference between demo and real servers. If I may be more specific. As for experience - why do you think I have little of it?
Well, for example, in the same way that the Metakvot demo server (i.e. before the contest) and the Metakvot real server (the same server, but today) are different for win-win. Also, their real server has different settings during the day. On the other hand, would anyone bother with clever filtering and variable settings on the demo server?
My "silly" EA has been running normally for two months on the demo server without failures. The settings are different within 24 hours. What are the different, what are the parameters? Be more specific. And when did we become friends?

Fedor_a:
My "silly" EA has been running normally for two months on the demo server without failure. Different settings during a day. What is the difference, what are the parameters? Be more specific. When did we become friends?

Ah, here it is, sorry I did not understand at first, then you need to appeal with an angry letter to your DC, if it does not help thenthrough http://www.kroufr.ru/

Let them return your honestly earned money on a demo account :-))

xeon:
Iam not sure what to do with this, but I am sure I will be fine:
My "silly" EA has been running normally for two months on the demo server without failure. Different settings during a day. What is the difference, what are the parameters? Be more specific. When did we become friends?

Ah, here it is, sorry I did not understand at first, then you need to appeal with an angry letter to your DC, if it does not help thenthrough http://www.kroufr.ru/

You may ask them to return your honestly earned money on a demo account :-))

I will definitely write :-)

Don't cock it up.

By the way, just for your information: if your brokerage company really bans an EA, then at an attempt to perform any trading operations there will be error 133, and the terminal log will show the message "trading by experts is prohibited". Unfortunately, it is impossible to check the ban condition in the EA in advance, IsTradeAllowed() function will not help here.
But if you don't have it, it means that there is no such a ban. Your Expert Advisor has not even tried to open trades. In general, in such situations, you should print the intermediate results of the EA's work in order to understand what the problem is. The reasoning concerning the fact that it was working on a demo for 2 months ... Maybe it would have worked on a real account for those 2 months! And now it does not work. The market situation has changed. Or the brokerage company began to quote differently (to filter quotes, for example).
Reason: