Wishes for MQL5 - page 82

If I've written before, I'm sorry...

Introduce into the MT5 architecture, even with a "future proof"

A mechanism for the delivery of formatted information, ideally from a single centre.

For example news digits, that were later processed by terminal means or MCL...

processed by an event...

We expect nonfarms: previous value; forecast; current

As a result, according to the necessary formula such as if A > B we do TO

And trivial things like interest rates and other economic indicators.

Basically, the companies that will do this just maintain and administer a database equal to a quotation archive.

And dealing/brokerage companies bought like the same news... i.e. business is business understandably...

sol >> :

Because Java is cool, but Ada, APL, Boo, COBOL, Component Pascal, Delphi, Eiffel, Forth, FORTRAN, Haskell, IronPython, Lexico, Lisp, Mercury, Mondrian, Nemerle, .Net Framework/ASP.NET, Oberon, Perl, PHP, RPG, Ruby, Silverlight, Smalltalk, Visual Basic, WFC, 1C - all this stuff.

Yeah, so how is "Java is cool"? Because it and its applications eat memory like a horse?
Generally speaking, the answer in IT that "it's cool" is in itself nonsense for professionals. I understand if you said that development on the Java platform: saves 15% of the total software development cycle time compared to competing technologies, implementation time by 12% and computational resources by 23%. That would indeed be a decent answer. But the reality is that there is none of that. There are many off-the-shelf applications available for each of the platforms I have mentioned.

And the MT4 terminal has its own built-in MQL-platform. Regarding managed platforms Renat has already stated on the forum many times that they are too difficult to use, so MetaQuotes started using them in the terminal anything but C++. I personally do not agree with this opinion, but I respect the opinion of an executive responsible for his company in general, and its products in particular.

JavaDev >> :

You shouldn't be laughing. If MT had the graphic capabilities of Silver...

You could have a britney spears video in every candle.

Well, streaming video is overkill. But vector graphics are something to learn from :)

sol >> :

Blah blah blah blah blah...

Tighten your tie and lipstick. I wish you good luck in programming EAs in Silverlight.

Yes... young man, I can see that you:
1. Completely unprofessional in the IT field, with your backyard "coolness" expressions.
2. Completely impolite in communication and get personal when you have nothing to say on the merits of the issue, i.e. lack of brains and/or knowledge (my question was - what is the advantage of Java in the terminal over other platforms?).
3. You can't read Russian at all and especially _understand_ what's written - I pointed out that MetaQuotes management is against implementation of managed platforms in the terminal, and Silverlight is just an example of it (if you know what Silverlight is at all). The logical conclusion (it is easy to understand if you have a brain) is that there is no and will never be a Silverlight code in the terminal. What Expert Advisors in Silverlight are you talking about? Do you even know the Russian words, except "cool" and "blah blah"?

Conclusion: what can you talk about with an incompetent, rude and uncomprehending non-professional? I have nothing else to talk about.

um

adversus solem ne loquitor

I would like to see this operator:

double ArrayNormalizeDouble( double array[], int digits)
Parameters:
array[] - Numeric array to which the assignment is made.
digits - The format of precision, the number of digits after the decimal point (0-8).
Rounding floating pointnumber to a specified precision when assigning
Data assigned to an array declared with this procedure will be
automatically normalized.
Example:
MyArray[3];
ArrayNormalizeDouble( MyArray, 2);
MyArray[0]=12.123;
MyArray[1]=13.234;
MyArray[2]=14.432;
result" 12.12, 13.23, 14.43

Urain >> :

I would like to see such an operator:

double ArrayNormalizeDouble( double array[], int digits)
Parameters:
array[] - The numeric array to which the assignment is made.
digits - The format of precision, the number of digits after the decimal point (0-8).
Rounding floating point number to a specified precision when assigning
Data assigned to an array declared with this procedure will be
automatically normalized.
Example:
MyArray[3];
ArrayNormalizeDouble( MyArray, 2);
MyArray[0]=12.123;
MyArray[1]=13.234;
MyArray[2]=14.432;
result " 12.12, 13.23, 14.43 ".

It's not hard to do in mql4:

void ArrayNormalizeDouble( double& array[], int digits )
  {
  int i;
  if ( digits>8) digits=8;
  if ( digits<0)  digits=0;
  for( i=0; i<ArrayRange( array,0); i++)       array[ i]=NormalizeDouble( array[ i], digits);
  }
function with cycle normalization of all array members

the array has to be passed to the function by reference. ONLY FOR ONE-DIMENSIONAL ARRAYS

for arrays with different number of dimensions you would have to do several such functions.

I often use both one-dimensional and two-dimensional arrays, and I've often faced the problem of separating the processing of arrays with different dimensions.

I came to the conclusion that it is best to have handlers only for 2D arrays and define all arrays as two-dimensional.

For example, if I need a one-dimensional array:

double ARR[100][0]; // the second dimension is just not used.

another problem - limitation on the number of measurements and impossibility to change other dimensions than zero

I work around it by expanding needed number of measurements into one dimension.

It's painful, but it works, I have to do a lot of auxiliary functions like

int GetIndex(int info[],int d0,int d1, int d2 ....);

where int info[] - information about how many dimensions a pseudo multidimensional array has and their size,

and int d0,d1,d2... are the indexes of its dimensions,

This monster returns an index in a regular array, in which the multidimensional one is expanded.

the reverse function is even more awful - it returns one index of the usual array

array with pseudo-dimensional indexes.

but you can make as many measurements as you want and change them all.

If MQL5 has classes and function overloading, this hassle will definitely become easier.

awo >> :

no. of course it's easier to write and post tetris and not just tell people: "this, this and this will happen, but don't expect this and this".

i'm not familiar with c++, i'll probably have to study it to understand how mql will be similar to cpp and what the new functionality will be like ??? or not yet?

Direct question do i have to learn cpp now to work on mql in future ?

thanks to the moderators, learning cpp :)

Hi all!

Sometimes it is very good to have information on the maximum number of open orders allowed by a broker.

If you are a broker and your broker is not able to open an order for a certain broker, then you should always try to open an order for a certain broker and then you will get the maximum allowed number of open orders from the terminal.

Thus, the request is this.

In MQL5 we could provide a function for displaying this number of orders (for example, by a new request identifier for MarketInfo() function) or a blunt display at the bottom of the terminal (sorry for the perversion in the picture below)...

I don't know exactly to what my wish refers more, to MQL5 or MT5, but I'm pretty sure it can be implemented in both cases...

Reason: