Wishes for MQL5 - page 63

I do a bit of C programming.

What's missing, imho:

1. a debugger

Writing a program without a debugger is like playing football with a blind eye.

"hit the goalpost,

goalkeeper's kick,

kick !!! finally hit the ball" ))))

debugger has the ability to unfold arrays, those who have done programming will understand what I mean.

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/8536/page36
Lukyanov 03.04.2008 08:09

Предложение по большей части к едитору. Сделать наглядное форматирование кода.

Do you have any news on MQL5 posted somewhere?

ArtemRG писал(а) >>

It would be desirable to add to the tester the possibility to change the properties of the symbol.

For example, I make an EA for night trading. However, spreads are different at night and as a result the test performed during the day is not correct. Therefore, we have to be able to manually set the spread and so on.

It would be desirable to do it quickly. For example, DTz A. left the level of stops at 30 for the weekend. It became impossible to test.

mscorlib >> :

I want one too. Better, of course, that the terminal should be written in .NET2 or higher (but without WPF!). In that case, it is possible to port under Mono to Linux as well.

Then the problem with the debugger is solved - it will not be required in MetaEditor. If we create a strategy tester as a build, we can debug and optimize everything directly from Visual Studio.

However there is a lot of work here - to transfer the terminal from MFC to .NET. Another disadvantage - you will have to download .NET, and all of them. But, as a rule, this is not a problem. Installers are better divided into two - with .NET redistributable and without it.

As an option to make integration with .NET via COM - but I do not envy in this case, programmers - will be bored both with Interop, and building wrappers over everything that is.

But the pluses of this transition are much more. Everyone will be able to expand as he pleases. And there will be fewer frivolous questions - almost everything that people ask about algorithms has been implemented in .NET3.5.

The MQL4 language has done its job.

Many thanks to the developers.

It's unlikely that this will ever happen... The developers have a different philosophy...

Make a normal error analyser at last. If you forget toput one parenthesis, the mad compiler will show errors in every line except the one you are looking for. If you miss a ";"somewhere, life turns to hell - you have to look through the whole text to see where it's missing. So the messages generated by the compiler are not sane at all and do not point in the right direction. This is the ardent wish: make it right, use the error analysis model of your big brothers, C/C++ compilers (for example, gcc or lcc or visual c++)

Solver.it >> :

It's unlikely this will ever happen... The developers have a different philosophy...

>> Right!

the developer's philosophy!

he's tried probably everything he can.

read a lot of literature before creating anything or solving any problem.

--

when a "cashier" at work - who doesn't know any better than his job -

tells me how to write a program, of course I don't react

because I often wonder how it fits in with other modules, how much sense it makes, etc.

>> the "cashier" doesn't know

his suggestion (which may not be reasonable)

I will have to dig through the base structure and rewrite all server procedures.

Thanks to the developers of MQL, I'd really like to write my wishes too...

1) The debugger is really shit=) sorry, it's bad, the reason for saying so is because it really likes to poke the cursor in the sky=) sorry, at the first line commented and shows me an error on it, and it does it quite often...

2) Please make a block presentation of the code, i.e. there are 2 options, you can do both=)

2.1 No one has cancelled normal programming, just add code blocks, i.e. you insert block by block, you get the result, i.e. a fully formed block of Buy,Sell or pending orders, etc., etc. Implementation: on a white or other colour sheet there is a block scheme with a minimum number of blocks and operators (this is for 2.2) + extensions. Man just drag and drop blocks of ready code (functions) on the block diagram, then save and get the finished file. Example: let's take a MA indicator, you want to create one, fine, first, choose a block of code with standard values and paste it into the block diagram. We have already received the external and global constants and variables on the sheet. Then, we take a block to check the MA and insert it, take a block to open the position and insert it, close the position and insert.... and so on

i.e. all those operations that people constantly operate with when programming. On the one hand, all these blocks are trivial, on the other hand, why write the same thing 20 times for all people, if it is possible to write once in a function or otherwise (with all checks or only those that want to insert the programmer) and respectively there will be fewer people thinking about programming, and more on developing something new!

2.2 It's pretty much the same, only there are some differences:

There are operators that need the support of other operators for better or error-free execution, it is proposed to make a set of these operators to be, inserted in the code when selected... This will improve the writing of the programs themselves and as a consequence reduce the number of unnecessary programs on the Internet (this applies not only to operators)

The bottom line is this: You have a very good base, the programmers are GREAT idea already there!!!!=) only to implement =)

Thanks for the attention, I hope my proposal is understandable and will be, if not implemented, at least considered!!! As there are many more advantages...(I also found one more advantage, will reduce the number of questions to the programmers, and if the base will be created, people will add... distribution of your program will increase to fabulous limits, as there are very few programmers, and people who want almost everything or are everything=) ). Yes, the most important thing of these people is that they want to make programs themselves, but with less damage to their time, and not every 10-50 person probably knows how to program GOOD...

P.S. visual c++ or similar systems of visual programming I haven't taken into account (similarity of course exists, but only of elementary character)

I've been meaning to ask the developers for a long time!

With the introduction of MQL5, the terminal for MQL5

will the server part change?

in other words, will MT5 be able to work with MT4 servers

or will you have to wait when DEALING will change the server part for MT5

another question:

it is known that some platforms allow you to trawl orders on the server

without having to connect terminal

will this be implemented in the next version of the server part?

MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are completely different platforms. You cannot connect one project's client terminal to another platform's trade server.

YuraZ >> :

Right!

the developer's philosophy!

he's tried probably everything he can.

read a lot of literature before creating anything or solving any problem.

--

when a "cashier" at work - who doesn't know any better than his job -

tells me how to write a program, of course I don't react

because I often wonder how it fits in with other modules, how much sense it makes, etc.

The "cashier" has no idea

what's behind his proposal (which I don't know if it's reasonable).

I have to dig through the database structure and rewrite all server procedures.

Я... wildly sorry... of course... But I would like to criticise this approach.

Sad as it may be, a stupid CASHIER is first and foremost - the CUSTOMER.

And the program is not written to be convenient for the programmer to write it.

And most likely, it can also support the interface that the developer wants

(How can he want something? He does not press buttons month after month) -

and the one the cashier wants.

But the MESSENGER cannot, alas, explain to the programmer that there is a Bridge pattern,

that can support as many as 10 interfaces. Because the code is correct.

And he cannot choose a programmer. And he can only take what he is given.

Programs are usually written in the following way - form - button on the form - code in the handler.

And if you know for 10 times that it must be done differently, you're just too lazy.

And you have to - at least the libraries. Low level, high level.

And there will be fewer problems.

Here's a New Year's wish.

I would also like to make a wish for the new version - don't let the tree fly away

The tree with a list of indicators and scripts must not fly away after compilation.

Either with saving the current position -

or with intelligent refreshing of the list - it will take a couple of hours.

Alas... Comrade Roche will smile at my naivety...

And the whole "developer philosophy" - and it's not about MT - .

that's when basic common sense stops working.

Please add two more checkboxes in the tester regarding visualisation.

The "Visualization" checkbox should be called "Visualization by tick".

Add checkboxes - "Visualization by candlestick closing" and "Visualization by trade opening/closing".

I mean, it's not a checkbox. There are only 4 options - disable visualisation and three update options.

The speed of testing will increase.

Now, if the "Visualization" option is disabled, we have to fidget with the mouse over a chart window and click "Refresh" in the pull-down menu to refresh indicators in sub-windows.

I would also like to adjust order colours of arrow/trend line trades in the tester, because blue buy lines are badly visible against a black background.

Reason: