Wishes for MQL5 - page 37

stringo:

I'm under the impression that it's a waste of time to display messages about functions that aren't being used. Maybe no one really needs this message?

A necessary message, but using plugins instead of libraries creates this inconvenience.

stringo:

I'm under the impression that it's a waste of time to display messages about functions that aren't being used. Maybe no one really needs this message?

No, maybe we do need it. Just make it hidden by default (collapsed into a single line) - it won't interfere and will be available if needed.

stringo:

I'm under the impression that it's a waste of time to display messages about functions that aren't being used. Maybe nobody really needs this message?

Error messages about opening file, checking lot with Check() function, messages about wrong ArrayMaximum() index, ArrayMinimum() etc. are not needed either.

Successful transaction log messages in the tester, how necessary are they? With a large number of transactions, searching the log for error messages or any of your own messages becomes quite cumbersome.

I want an editor like that!

revolutionary solution - there should be a button that flips the chart upside down and back - to check signals from a bearish or bullish point of view))

delyus:
revolutionary solution - there should be a button that flips the chart upside down and back - to check signals from the point of view of bears or bulls))

I think a lot of video cards support this. And there is a button. Rotate it 180°.

The ability to add hints to external variables is very much needed. Sometimes there are a lot of variables and it is hard to remember all their features.

The easiest way to do it in MQL5:

extern int    AvgType   = 0  comment "Тип скользящей средней:\n   0 - обычная;\n   1- линейная регрессия";
extern double RiskLevel = 15 comment "%";

In MT5 it will look like this:

And considering that there will be classes in MQL5, you can create a basic class "External Variable" at all and extend functionality significantly. Examples:

extern int AvgType = 0 comment "Тип скользящей средней";
// Фактически, это будет равносильно конструкции:
extern AvgType = extern.Create(int, 0 [,"Тип скользящей средней"]);
// Для простоты и для backward-совместимости можно использовать в MQL5 обе конструкции или только первую
// Эти свойства задались уже при создании переменной.
// Менять их в программе, в принципе, особого смысла нет.
// Так что можно их (некоторые из них) сделать read-only
AvgType.DataType = int; 
AvgType.Value    = 0;
AvgType.Comment  = "Тип скользящей средней";
//=== Для чего нужны вот эти всё свойства - смотреть рисунок-пример далее... ===
// Границы для настройки оптимизатора.
// (Если они заданы, то пользователь не сможет выбрать значения за их пределами.)
AvgType.MinValue  = 0;
AvgType.MaxValue  = 1;
AvgType.StepValue = 1; // граничный - т.е. минимальный шаг, к которому чувствителен эксперт
// Значения по умолчанию для настройки оптимизатора.
// (Это подмножество граничных значений.)
AvgType.MinValueDefault  = 0;
AvgType.MaxValueDefault  = 1;
AvgType.StepValueDefault = 1;
// Пояснения к значениям переменной
AvgType.Values.Add(0, "обычная");
AvgType.Values.Add(1, "линейная регрессия");

I understand that there will be difficulties with implementation of such things - after all, all settings of external variables must be available to user before start of Expert Advisor, so Variable as an object configurable by several separate commands, probably, will be difficult to implement... But I have described the idea, the concept (and even suggested at the beginning an easy to implement minimal one-line variant) - and how to implement it technically, I think MetaQuotes may find its own - more acceptable - solution.

Not really MQL5. :) Investor access. Many people have talked about it and put forward their wishes. I propose one more variant - to make investor passwords two:

1st password - see history and details of current open positions;

2-nd password - we can view history, but current positions have no details, we can only see statistical information (number of open positions, total floating profit).

This allows you to protect your locked account from duplication of trades in it. To put it simply, to avoid cases of "trust management for free".

SK. писал (а):

I'd also like a break from if().

I came across code like this:

while ( true )
{
   if ( condition1 )
   {
      Alert("1");
      break;
   }

if ( condition2 )
   {