Wishes for MQL5 - page 26

Mathemat:
Andrei, as a temporary measure, it'll do. Not as fancy as a hotkey, but at least it's a solution. But will a robot that is standing there be allowed to trade? The point is to prohibit access to the internal trading processes without entering the password, without banning trading robot itself.
There will be no ticks, the start will not start. The Expert Advisor will not be able to trade even if it hangs in the loop (errors will appear).

I see. One more clarification: the password does not have to be the password to the account. It can be an ordinary password that unlocks the screensaver or something else. The main thing is that the password should not allow you to do anything manually in the terminal, but it should not disrupt any processes inside the terminal (quotations, indicators, Expert Advisors, scripts).

komposter:
Mathemat:
Andrei, as a temporary measure it'll do. Not as fancy as a hotkey, but at least it's a solution. But will a robot standing there be allowed to trade? The point here is to prohibit access to internal trading processes without entering a password, without banning robot trading itself.
There will be no ticks, the start will not start. The Expert Advisor will not be able to trade even if it hangs in the loop (errors will appear).

1. The minimized terminal seems to trade, it also trades when the user changes (without leaving).
I.e. maybe full pruf is already there - it's a change of user (logging back in with password). But not sure if everything works.

2. Already have a ban/allow EA to trade
It would be polittcorrect to do symmetrically - have a ban/allow person to trade.
I.e. such a secure terminal mode under the Expert Advisor - that nothing can be done with it without a password.

On the terminal

it would be a good idea if in the terminal startup parameters you could specify

account number

password ( invest or trader)

broker's IP or mnemonic

if you want automatic start for example by shelf dealers, i.e. to automate tracking of different accounts at different brokers.

The terminal logs into the account during start-up! But it is the last account you accessed!

I'm sorry...

I have a few demos or different trades with different combinations

For example, I have several demos, or different traders gave me their passwords ...

it would be good for automatic data collection

Many wishes are repeated, and some people who have read the thread and met a wish of the same type with their own proposal do not enter it. The result is very mixed. And it is possible that really valuable suggestions will get lost.

Here is a suggestion.
If the developers really care about the useful information provided by users, it would be appropriate to give this topic a special status and create a separate subsection (for example, along with Documentation, Tutorial, TA, Code Base, Articles, Championship and Forum, we can add the "Wishes for MQL5").
To divide it into several subsections
-Language
-Terminal
-Editor
-and so on.
In each section, similar proposals will be grouped together and if a member supports the proposal, they will vote for it. In this way there will be structured and ranked information on the most urgent and necessary changes and improvements.

Xadviser:

Many wishes are repeated, and some people who have read the thread and met a wish of the same type with their own proposal do not enter it. The result is very mixed. And it is possible that really valuable suggestions will get lost.

There is such a suggestion.
If the developers really care about the information provided by users, it would be appropriate to give this topic a special status and devote it to a separate subsection (for example, along with Documentation, Tutorial, TA, Code Base, Articles, Championship and Forum, we should add the "Wishes for MQL5").
To divide it into several subsections
-Language
-Terminal
-Editor
-and so on.
In each section, similar proposals will be grouped together and if a member supports the proposal, they will vote for it. In this way there will be structured and ranked information on the most urgent and necessary changes and improvements.

It will not.

It might be possible to do this, but only to inadvertently nudge the developer into thinking.

My wish is that it works under MAC OC, but I don't think that's feasible :-)

YuraZ:

On the terminal

it would be a good idea if in the terminal startup parameters you could specify

account number

password ( invest or trader)

broker's IP or mnemonic

if you want automatic start for example by shelf dealers, i.e. to automate tracking of different accounts at different brokers.

The terminal logs into the account during start-up! But it is the last account you accessed!

but with a revolving input alas...

I have a few demos or different trades with different combinations

For example, I have several demos, or different traders gave me passwords ...

it would be good for automatic data collection

This has been in place for some time. Look in the help of the client terminal "Service - Configuration at startup"

SK. писал (а):
It won't.

Perhaps this could be done, but only to inadvertently nudge the developer into thinking.

Good charge of pessimism :-)

Why not?

Let's push :-) him to a thought

Xadviser:
SK. wrote (a):
It won't.

Perhaps this could be done, but only to inadvertently nudge the developer into a thought.

Good charge of pessimism :-)

Why not?

Let's push :-) him to think

This is not pessimism, but rather realism.

The era of collective solutions has passed without justifying itself. At the forefront, there is always a very small number of people who are inspired by their own ideas. They are the ones who determine our conditions of existence. As for the typical consumer (in the broadest sense), their demands often have nothing to do with creative activity, but are based on their own ambitions, bordering on caprice.

The activity of a developer (also in the broadest sense) is their most valuable asset, where they affirm their worth and dignity. No normal developer would let an ordinary man poke around even in his own plans, let alone accept his wishes as a guide to action. You can only give the developer an idea. If he finds it (his own thought) meaningful, he can consider his plans.

-------

M. Zhvanetsky comes to mind (not exactly from memory).
That boy is so clever... He walks around with a calculator all the time. He hears a report from the fields on the radio..., pulls out the calculator, looks up at the sky, moves his lips and counts something... the harvest... per capita... minus the livestock... He's sort of involved in the management of the national economy... :)

Reason: