MQL forum

I propose to make this forum only for discussing MQL.

Anything not directly related to program writing should be banned.

There are enough other places on the net for self-affirmation and flooding.

How I agree with that!
I'm fed up with trading strategies and tactics, discussions of the origins of forex and similar rubbish.

I want to be specific and to the subject. The rest is rubbish.

This forum carries, in addition to professional, also a social load - people's need for communication... collectivism... affirmation among equals and inequalities... while traders and programmers have no one to talk to except the monitor and charts... rememberMaslow's 5-levelpyramid of needs. And today is just the 256th day of the year - a round date (2 to the power of 8).

Gentlemen, do not deprive your comrades of this pleasure... where else can you measure pips? ;)

And just a question from me.

I just looked at one indicator and found out a new way to set variable ala "property-object"

int Correl.Period = 14;
string Base.Symbol;

I couldn't find anything in documentation :(. If I understand correctly, this is the end of the song?

chv:

This forum carries, in addition to professional, also a social load - people's need for communication... collectivism... affirmation among equals and inequalities... while traders and programmers have no one to talk to except the monitor and charts... rememberMaslow's 5-levelpyramid of needs. And today is just the 256th day of the year - a round date (2 to the power of 8).

Gentlemen, don't deprive your comrades of that pleasure... where else is there to measure pips? ;)

Seconded.

You think your bosses don't know that while they're sitting in their offices, you're surfing the internet? But they look the other way. Of course, there has to be a limit to everything.

sergeev:
And just a question from me.

I've just looked at an indicator and found out a new way to set a variable a la "property-object"

int Correl.Period = 14;
string Base.Symbol;

I haven't found anything in documentation :(. If I understand correctly this is where the whole song ends?

It's not object.property, it's just the variable name containing a dot, and MQL allows it, as well as the Russian names. The objects in the classical sense, ie instances of classes, do not exist in MQL4. As well as classes themselves.

I agree. But in our execution, this thread is also flooding.

It's too late, Aleksey24. Just for fun, I looked over here: 'Drawing Objects'. It's at the very beginning of the forum archive on this site. See the reply of stringo. That's when it was strict...

Open your own forum and moderate it or are you asking to be a moderator?

If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't use your own yardstick to measure everyone.

Need to make separate permanent branches/sections:

- " Graalist's Corner".

- "Theoretical delving at your leisure."

- "Libre."

Everything else can stay.

A strict breakdown of standard topics/issues would be nice, though.

It's just that it's difficult to cover the issues that have already been discussed.

Reason: