Wishes for Meta Trader 4/5 - page 2

chv:

You know, I've already read the iCustom prototype function ;). The "default parameters" don't do what I need to do.

We were talking about default parameters, you can use them now - just don't pass them to the indicator.

komposter:
chv:

You know, I've already read the iCustom prototype function ;). The "default parameters" don't do what I need to do.

It was about the default parameters, you can still use them - just don't pass them to the indicator.

You can. But this is the only call that can be made. If you need to pass another value (!= def) of even one parameter, you can't write such call for an arbitrary indicator. The indicator's creator should take care that def-values fit all and always.

I doubt that anyone in their right mind would want to call any indicator with "defaults" (without controlling what the defaults are). It's only theoretical, but in practice it's totally unacceptable.

Renat:
I doubt that anyone in their right mind would want to call any indicator with "defaults" (without controlling what the defaults are). It's only in theory, but in practice it's totally unacceptable.
That's what I'm talking about!
We need functions that allow finding the number and type of parameters of any custom indicator.
Otherwise, the Expert Advisor is strictly bound to the indicator "in the code".

Renat:
I doubt that anyone in their right mind would want to call any indicator with "defaults" (without controlling what the defaults are). It's only theoretical, but in practice it's totally unacceptable.

Renat, do you agree with the necessity of improving the iCustom prototype in future MQL versions?

There is a wish for the developers to take a different look at History Center
and the (very small) functionality it currently has.
It would be very useful to be able to manage or change parameters
of bars (files) that are generated and then used in the strategy tester.
For example, it would be possible to:
1. generate bars by ticks (number of ticks is set)
2.generate bars by volume (count of 100 thousand units can be set)
3.generate fractional bars
4.generate date files composed of periods from a sample

Point 4 would be very useful for comprehensive testing of strategies (and checking of grails).
But for this, you still need functions for software
sample management

Here is an example

It would be great if the MQ5 editor could collapse large chunks of program code into blocks, for faster operation!

GODZILLA:
It would be great if the MQ5 editor could collapse large chunks of program code into blocks, for quicker work!
Supported by

It would also be cool to make a preprocessor language.

If the terms are confusing, let me explain:

Compile only certain code fragments.

I think experienced programmers know what I mean.

Add possibility to use functions in the Expert Advisor's code, which are used when writing custom indicators.

For example, SetIndexBuffer, IndicatorCounted, etc.

This is needed to make it easier to integrate custom indicators in the Expert Advisor body.

Reason: