Equity and balance graph - page 46

alexx_v >> :
Spread? What does it have to do with it? If it jumps, it is the same for both versions of the indicator set up for identical portfolios with identical entry/exit conditions

And why use different versions if each version introduces new options?

and who said that someone uses different versions? this is secondly, and firstly, the indicator counts dough and there cannot, by definition, be differences in the final results, and this is not an IMHO

somewhere in the logic of calculations is added a small nuance, hence the discrepancy

---

before using a new version, it is logical to check it - which is what I am doing now, comparing it with the old version, which has been tested, and I have more confidence in it so far

alexx_v >> :

and who said that someone uses different versions? this is secondly, and firstly, the indicator counts dough and there cannot, by definition, be differences in the final results, and this is not an IMHO

somewhere in the logic of calculations is added a small nuance, hence the discrepancy

---

before using new version, it's logical to check it - and I'm doing it now, I'm comparing it with old, checked version, and it's more trustworthy for now

why I'm asking

the fact is that you have disappeared from the forum, and new versions are not commented on in any way and the author gets the impression that it is only one person who needs it and therefore does not respond to one

Geronimo >> :

Do you mean adjustments [...]?

Adjustments have nothing to do with it. However, if you use them, you can achieve identical results with the old indicator.

In recent versions, if candlestick's open prices are used, they are used both to enter and to exit a position. Before it was only for entry. Exit was at closing prices (I admit a mistake). This is easy to check.

After all, according to logic, if the Expert Advisor works at the open prices, then the indicator should use the open prices both for entry and exit. In real life, it is impossible to catch the close price.

This point has been corrected after the Open_Price parameter was introduced (doubtful in my opinion). Since then, it is possible to catch closing prices for entry and exit. I still recommend to leave it in true position.

-----

Alexander, does it work ok now with the default package?

As far as I can see, the default packet is calculated in its entirety, nothing is cut, but just after the first packet flip, small discrepancies start to occur in the readings, and then serious discrepancies accumulate in the readings (both with MM on and off).

Screenshot for clarity:

Well, be happy that equity has increased:)

Have you taken into account that exiting a position now happens at the opening of a bar, not at the closing?

:))) joyful

---

I'm comparing the drawing of the virtual equity indicator with the drawing of the equity and balance indicator) I like the old version better for now - they draw in sync)

Xupypr >> :

Did you take into account that exiting a position now happens at the opening of a bar, not at the closing?

I did it both ways - either too much or too little :)

alexx_v >> :

I did it both ways - either too much or too little :)

The new version cannot be set up to do the old calculation. Either opening prices as for entry and exit, or closing prices.

Synchronous is good. In real trade, then, what prices are used?

Reason: