Equity and balance graph - page 16

when Zero_Balance = true mode is switched on, the graph is not displayed...

I'd forgotten all about this mode. But probably we will have to give it up. If equity is moving in the negative zone (when Zero_Balance = true), bar drawing is possible if the indicator is slightly adapted. However, if it hovers on the boundary (near zero), the histogram will not be able to draw bars, unless two more buffers are added which are not available in stock.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the indicator requires the minute history for the instruments traded. The check of history is not performed and, if it is not enough, the indicator will be drawn from those bars, from which the minutes are available.

On the minutes values are taken from open and close, so the graph will not reach the extremes. I think this error is minimal, but on all TFs statistics on the maximum drawdown is displayed in the same way.

Xupypr >> :

Had completely forgotten about this mode. But maybe I'll have to give it up.

>> that's a shame. :(

By the way, I forgot to mention that the indicator requires the history of the traded instruments. It does not check the history and, if it is not enough, the indicator will be drawn from those bars from which the minutes are available.

By the way, I noticed a very nice feature in 7 for a long time - if the indicator is set in Total mode, at the transition to TF M1 (as well as to any TF) data is loaded for all instruments of the appropriate TF automatically, that helps avoiding routine

---

Eh, it's my destiny to stay with the 7-th version, and thank you very much again for it, Igor!

ZS: by the way, maybe in 7 we should make Margin and FreeMargin lines similar to Balance and Equity lines?

Oh, it's a walk! :))

Igor, I faced a question that slumbered in my mind, inspired by a related topic: could you create a tester-indicator on the basis of version 7?

I.e. insert a virtual profit calculation block in it, according to opening and closing deals with visual results display (i.e. Equity and Balance Diagram). What a wonderful tool it would become.

alexx_v >> :

SZZY: by the way, maybe in 7-th version to make the Margin and FreeMargin lines similar to balance and equity lines?

I don't know, maybe save it to a file...

alexx_v >> :

Ah, it's a walk! :))

Igor, I woke up a question that slumbered in my head, inspired by a related topic: can you make such an indicator-tester on the basis of the 7-th version ?

I.e. to insert a block for calculating virtual profit on terms of opening and closing trades with visual representation of results (i.e., Equity and Balance Diagram). What a wonderful tool it would become.

I have been thinking about creating one for a long time - to evaluate multi-currency strategies. I have not yet been able to get it together.

I'm posting the updated versions of the indicators: 7 and 8.

Fixed incorrect display of equity when closing a counter position, when one order's lot is zeroed.

2) Indicators are not redrawn when a new bar appears - it was taking CPU time. Now, only the zero bar is tracked.

3. The zero balance mode has been removed in version 8.

Files:
equity_v7.mq4  16 kb
equity_v8_1.mq4  20 kb

Xupypr писал(а) >>

I'm posting the updated versions of the indicators: 7 and 8.

When I try to put any of the new versions on a chart, the terminal closes with a fatal error message... :(

Yes, it's hard to say at the moment what caused it. There were no major changes in version 7, except for point 1.

How have you recorded counter-closed trades in your history? I'm interested in the volume in lots and comments.

Xupypr писал(а) >>

...How do you record counter-closed trades in your history. Interested in the volume in lots and comments.

There you go:

The saddest part is that now the old version refuses to work too... I don't know what to think. :)

On another terminal, where no attempts were made to install the new version - the old one works without problems.

By the way, how uncomfortable it became without this chart!!!! Who hasn't tried it - won't understand! :)

Before, the line going up in steps was nice to look at, but now... Eh! .... :)

Then there's something in the terminal. Try to close everything unnecessary in it (and not only). And throw the indicator on a single clean chart.

It works for me and it works fast enough. Alexander didn't seem to have any problems either.

Reason: