Discussion on MQL4 documentation - page 2

The work on the textbook is well under way.
But the textbook will be aimed at the untrained reader who has no programming skills.
The questions you are asking require separate coverage.

titron:
I'm sorry, gentlemen, but what is posted in the documentation section characterizes MQL (i.e. the company metaquotes) not from the best side. So it seems to me that as long as there isn't a normal description (much more comprehensive, with real examples) MQL will remain the destiny of the company's programmers and a very small number of enthusiasts. A pity - given the impressive number of MT users, MQL would have long ago gained a whole army of followers. Or maybe the company experts are just incompetent?
That's an off the cuff remark. And the guys are good - they try. The best product in the field. If you're too lazy to look into it, just say so. It's easy to judge. If you are all such programmers, raise your status and write books (manuals) and put them into circulation, or what? Goodbye friends.

MH_pro:
That's not a good point. And the guys are good - they're trying. The best product in the field. If you're too lazy to look into it, just say so. It's easy to judge.
The remark is really beside the point. Everyone knows that the guys are good and it's just an opinion here on how to make it even better. All the more, the guys, as I understand it, do not work just for the sake of interest. And "lazy to sort it out" is a very predictable and shallow remark. After all, it is possible to solve even more puzzles, but people are turning to MQL, obviously not for the purpose of racking their brains during long winter evenings. If you want to understand exactly why you are wrong I recommend the book "Hospital in the Hands of Patients" by usability guru Alan Cooper, where you will learn that if MetaQuotes had stuck to your usual "lazy to figure it out" opinion, they would not be the first and probably would not "be" at all now.

MH_pro:
The easiest thing to judge.
Uh-huh. You've confirmed your own words.

Yeah... it's hard for you. A lot of pretty phrases but no action...

MH_pro:
Yeah... it's hard for you. A lot of pretty phrases but no action...
I do not understand, if you're happy with everything, then why even get into this thread? Use what is and benefit for yourself, since you are so self-sufficient, and you, the ongoing conversations here, will not touch. Those who lack something, let them express their views, why meddle?

P. S. You do not know about my affairs, and it is not for you to judge.

alex_ant:
MH_pro:
Yeah... it's hard for you. Lots of pretty phrases but no action...
I don't get it, if you're happy with everything, then why even get into this thread? Use what is and benefit for yourself, since you are so self-sufficient, and you, the ongoing conversations here, will not touch. Those who lack something, let them state their point of view, why meddle?

P. S. You do not know about my affairs, and it is not for you to judge.

Then come here to understand what is not understood from the Hel (guide) or in the process of development.
From what I saw, the developers here are taken into account, even if not all, wishes and suggestions forumian: users, pgrammers, simply interested.
About me. I am not a programmer, but you can say as already mentioned here, an enthusiast. Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was interested in
In the past I've been interested in programming (BASIC, Fortran), but I haven't done anything special.
I've read a couple dozen of pages about C in an edition from Minsk, but I haven't used it for programming.
I started to master MQL using only what I had - MACD sample and one more website. At the same time I read the MQL materials.
It wasn't easy, but my goal was reached and the first Expert Advisor was created - and this gave me some idea of what was going on in
when executing the program algorithm. But, of course, a lot of questions remain unanswered, but nothing for that We are here.
So, "fear has no fear", as the saying goes.
And the developers, many forumers, especially frequenters, thanks for the support and help!
I think as time goes by all existing problems will be solved and new ones will appear that will have to be solved.
It's a normal process of development.

No, so what's the big deal, people, what's the big deal, after all? I've never been a pro programmer in either C or C++ (I used to write something in Delphi) - and I've mastered everything I really need to program in MQL4 in a few months. And so? Yes, I'm not able to do everything. What's your complaint? Please, give me a specific one. Please don't make any formal claims, like "you don't have such-and-such pointers and why I cannot make such-and-such a library with a couple of clicks". I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT REQUESTS FROM THE AVERAGE TRADER.

Who wanted and who needed it - has long ago slowly understood everything on the basis of MACD Sample, reading a row of descriptions from Help and communication on a forum metaquotes (2 years ago). The first variants of an independent code (I tried to correct MACD Sample) appeared to me after a week of reading various sources of information.
Although I must admit that it was a bit difficult to compile scattered bits of information in my head at first, and a systematic text-book would be very useful! But I think that no super-duper textbooks will be able to teach those who don't want to learn. And if the absence of any textbooks in spite of such a resource as www.mql4.com with its articles and code examples stops studying MQL, it's likely a banal laziness that even a systematized textbook can't beat. After all, if we look into the essence of the articles on this site, the majority of them will give us all necessary options for MQL application in practice. 2 years ago it was clear that we lacked this resource www.mql4.com, but now it seems that almost everything is available. Although having a systematized textbook is necessary at least simply for formal reasons. If there is a programming language, there must be a textbook.

To top it all off... I've never programmed anything, the words "C-like" just scare me...
CodersGuru articles plus help - learned the basics in a week. I'm probably still not far away from the basics, and I don't really want to - I don't want to become a programmer, I'm not interested in "what space does the program run in". It is important that I have no problem to program into an Expert Advisor or indicator any idea that comes to my mind.

solandr:

Who wanted and who needed it - has long ago slowly understood everything on the basis of MACD Sample, reading a row of descriptions from Help and communication on a forum metaquotes (2 years ago). The first variants of an independent code (I tried to correct MACD Sample) appeared to me after a week of reading various sources of information.
Although I must admit that it was a bit difficult to compile scattered bits of information in my head at first, and a systematic text-book would be very useful! But I think that no super-duper textbooks will be able to teach those who don't want to learn. And if the absence of any textbooks in spite of such a resource as https://www.mql4.com// with its articles and code examples stops studying MQL, it's likely a banal laziness that even a systematized textbook can't beat. After all, if we look into the essence of the articles on this site, the majority of them will give us all necessary options for MQL application in practice. What else do we need for learning the language now? 2 years ago it was clear that we lacked this resource https://www.mql4.com//, but now it seems that almost everything is available. Although having a systematized textbook is necessary at least for formal reasons. If there is a programming language, there must be a textbook.

But there are a lot of traders here, not programmers! A man likes the game at the stock exchange, the excitement, the calculations. Why would a trader become a programmer by studying C++, and then the articles and the chelrs? It is not interesting for him, and it is difficult to "run in" the strategy without an Expert Advisor. What to do? Take the shortest route and look for (ask, demand, extort) a textbook. What's wrong with that? If we don't like the pies at the nearest bakery, we look for another bakery, not always trying to bake ourselves. Everyone should do their own thing and, preferably, what they like.
Reason: