Questions about MQL4. - page 3

stringo,

OK. It's understandable.
1. If no one is interested in the script, then it can work at least in start, at least in inite, at least in deinite as long as he wants.
2. If he is asked to move on the initiative of others, he has 2.5 seconds for everything. And after that, he's dead.

In this regard, a question (rather a question for the developers).
If this dumb-headed script unloaded on the initiative of upwards, failed to meet the 2.5 seconds limit, then he will be unloaded anyway, but the script that wanted to take his place will have problems with loading.
Is it correct to assume that this state of affairs:
a) cannot be considered satisfactory?
b) is it a flaw of MT?
---------------------------

Is there any non-conflicting way to process some information in an endless loop in the indicator, but at that this loop doesn't block МТ?

The difference between the script and the indicator, except for trading functions, is that slips are not allowed in the indicator.

If the processing cycle is organized in the script and a small slip is set somewhere along the way, then the system resources are economically consumed.
If we introduce the same exact loop in the indik, the loop will work mercilessly and waste resources to such an extent that it eats up trader resources.

Anticipating the question why not to do everything in script, I answer - too much information. The positive idea is to parallelize info processing between the script and the indicator, let them both work simultaneously (and even more than one indicator, if necessary).

Anticipating the question why not to do everything in a script, I answer - there is a lot of information. The positive idea is to parallel the information processing to the script and the indicator, let them both work simultaneously (and if necessary, even more than one indicator).
I still don't understand - what difference does it make to do it with script or indicator? If you don't need to draw anything, why do you need indices?

komposter,
there is nothing to understand here. I would love to work with more than one script, but MT does not allow more than one in the window. But several indices and a script in a window is acceptable. That's what I'm thinking. But it looks like nothing will come out of this paralleling idea. I don't know how to get around the above limitation.

Indicators work in the interface thread. looping of an indicator will slow down the whole client terminal. scripts and experts work in their own threads. if a script or an expert calls an indicator, the indicator works in the thread of the expert that called it and will not slow down the client terminal

stringo ,
OK, OK.
Yep...
I found your last consultation very informative. It enabled me to make (I hope, the right) decision - to refuse from processing information in an indicator.
Thank you! We will continue working.

SKif 11.11.2005 06:20 <br / translate="no"> komposter,
there is nothing to understand
so what's the saving if you do the same actions anyway? what's the difference, in one script or in 10?

komposter,
the difference is that they would work in parallel, simultaneously.
One thing is 1 cycle 500ms, another thing is 2 cycles = 100 +400ms. In the time it takes for one stubborn to work 1 time, the other could have turned around 4 times.
But that's it now :)

Why such precision? Are they not going to sleep at all?
I understand if it was a matter of seconds, but +/- 100 ms doesn't seem significant to me...

It's not about accuracy, it's about getting the whole calculation done between ticks.

SKif:
It's not about accuracy, it's about getting the whole calculation done between ticks.
WHY? What's the joy of ticks for you?
If you don't want to, don't explain - then show me the finished one, I'll understand it myself =)
Reason: