Comments and suggestions - page 2

Here's a suggestion that I think everyone will support. It is necessary that each script (indicator, Expert Advisor, etc.) in the list of the database is accompanied by a frame window at the bottom, which would have a brief annotation/explanation of the principles of the code, up to the article.
This is one.
Second: indicators must be accompanied by a screenshot, so that man can get an idea of what is drawn by the indicator, without downloading and installing the code.
Third: perhaps a separate button to open the source code on the page, so that we can immediately get an idea of the quality of the code (style, author's writing features, available documentation)
Fourth: For Expert Advisors, instead of screenshots, it is possible to paste the report from a tester.
Fifth: adding rating, i.e. everyone can assign his or her own rating to the code, according to some scale.
Sixthly: as long as in new ME will be linked to this resource, users can get topic of five (ten) highest rated sources, either by rating, or by number of downloads.
Seventh: Possibly, in the same base to make a link to the thread, where you can discuss about the code, give an abstract.
Eighth : in ME you can also insert a forum overview, like "Fresh Topics" in the Alpari forum.

That's probably enough for starters :)

Rosh, pretty much everything you're talking about is already done =)))
When attaching a file, you can attach a screenshot, add a description (brief and complete).
After attaching, you can see the code (directly in the browser), add comments.
Different files can be attached to the comments (zip, dll, ex4, mq4, txt, png, jpeg, jpg, gif) - this can be a report or anything else.
Ratings are there too.
You have to be more careful =)

I get it, I get it. I'm a little split, pavel, aren't we brothers? (it looks like pavel made the site)
Of course, sometimes it's easier for me to speculate than to look, but all my suggestions hit the mark. I'm cool :)

PS komposter, I told you I was lazy. Why didn't I take a closer look? Probably 'cause I haven't posted anything yet, then I'd know for sure. :)

How about posting articles (albeit censored ones) from resource users?

I'm just a reader.

All the best,
Micky Mogol.

Suggestion: Create a subscription to new additions to MQL4 Code Base.
I don't want to miss something interesting and it's boring to check it all the time.

was going to suggest, and then I looked it up - it turns out that under each function in the documentation you can have a discussion about that function. Well done to the authors.
It may be useful for others to learn it. The principle should be placed on the home page to discuss the language not in the general forum, but directly at the place of the question. It is easier to search on the subject and avoid littering the forum.

wellx:
I was going to suggest it, and then I looked it up - it turns out that under each function in the documentation you can have a discussion about that function. Well done to the authors.
It may be useful for others to learn it. The principle should be placed on the home page to discuss the language not in the general forum, but directly at the place of the question. It is easier to search on the subject and not to litter the forum.
It's better not to clutter up the forum =)
Let there be selected and verified information - observations, experiences, real examples, etc. Otherwise they will write 10 pages, and then read....

When processing a quote, the system doesn't go to the user's profile to see what gender is set there. <br / translate="no">
actually you can write
maybe make a tag for the picky ones?
[ quotem ] and [ qoutew ] like men and women ? ;)

And another conceptual suggestion:
At the beginning of every page except page 1, add the last post from the previous page.
You go to the forum - there are new messages, you looked last time on page 2, and already 3.
But it is not clear - on page 2 to add messages or all new to 3?
Also a small thing, it seems, but inconvenient....

hmmm: make this post sort of greyed out - a little darkened to make it obvious it's old

when deleting a message, no text in the JavaScript box. Like "Delete?", "Are you sure?".
It would be a good idea to write the title of the topic and the message itself (if possible, in part).
Reason: