Once again, it's about the eternal: trend/flat. - page 9

Andrey Dik:
Yeah. Something like that.

The following input parameters are used here:

1. Min. number of candles = 40;

2. Min. height = 0;

3. max. height = 200;

4. Flat on candlestick bodies;

Everything. And then - just a search cycle on history.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

The following input parameters are used here:

1. Min. number of candles = 40;

2. Min. height = 0;

3. max. height = 200;

4. Flat on candlestick bodies;

Everything. And then there is a simple search cycle on the history.

Are the channels programmatically built in the picture?

Andrey Dik:
Are the channels programmed in the picture?
Yes, an indicator.

Andrey Dik:
And how does your wording sound?

The search engine is not rich in the wording flat.

Flat is a period of time in which the price neither rises nor falls. This time period is usually referred to as a correction or sideways trend. Glossary of forex terms and abbreviations, ... ...

This is also an abstract formulation.

For me it is important that there are specific price points to determine whether a formation is trending or flat.

And here's from the wiki about trend.

Trend (pronounced "trand", from English trend) is the underlying trend of a changing time series. Trends can be described by various equations - linear, logarithmic, power and so on. The actual type of trend is established on the basis of the selection of its functional model by statistical methods or by smoothing the original time series.

There is no specifics, only abstractions.

It is not possible to find such formulations.

But!

We have a price series with specific price minima and maxima. In order to find them it is convenient to use, for example, a zigzag.

We trace the sequence of bends in the zigzag and determine the TP.

Again BUT, on the observed TF with a visually washed out eye nobody pay attention that this combination of waves can represent a flat, but on a older TF it will be perfectly visible and seemingly recognizable.

The software can clearly monitor all the processes that occur.

This is what you want, right?

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Yes, the indicator.

Built hand-to-hand. Something like this: at least 80% of the candles should enter the channel, with the width of the channel not exceeding the average height of the candles by more than 10%. This is as an example of flat parameters.

Accordingly, at the opening of the zero bar we see whether we are in an outflow or not. Actually, it is important to define whether we are flat or not. That is how I understand it.

But your variant is also interesting.

Andrey Dik:

I've built a hand-held one. Something like this: at least 80% of candles should enter the channel, and the width of the channel should not exceed the average height of the candles by more than 10%

So there could be outliers outside the rectangle(the figure shows 100% of the candles in the channel)?

About the average height of the candles - no problem.

Uladzimir Izerski:

The search engine is not rich in the wording of the flute.

Flat - the period of time, when the price doesn't increase or decrease. Usually, this period of time is called correction or sideways trend. Glossary of forex terms and abbreviations. ...

It is also an abstract formulation.

What matters to me is that there are specific price points to determine whether a formation is trending or flat.

And here's from the wiki about trend.

Trend (pronounced "trand", from English trend) is the underlying trend of a changing time series. Trends can be described by various equations - linear, logarithmic, power, and so on. The actual type of trend is established on the basis of the selection of its functional model by statistical methods or by smoothing the original time series.

There is no specifics, only abstractions.

It is not possible to find such formulations.

But!

We have a price series with specific price minima and maxima. In order to find them it is convenient to use, for example, a zigzag.

We trace the sequence of bends in the zigzag and determine the TP.

Again BUT, on the observed TF with a visually washed out eye nobody pays attention that this combination of waves can represent a flat, but on a older TF it will be perfectly visible and seemingly recognizable.

The software can clearly monitor all the processes that occur.

Isn't that what you want?

I didn't ask the definition from Wiki, I asked your definition.

And what I want - I drew it above. In principle, I've almost got the algorithm of calculations in my head.

Andrey Dik:

Therefore, at the opening of the 0th bar, we look to see if we are in a flat position or not. It is important to determine whether we are in a flat or not. That is how I understand it.

But your variant is also interesting.

I do not see the problem. You have defined the criteria, now we only need to begin and finish.)

But we will have to set the minimum length of the flat.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

So there may be outliers outside the rectangle( 100% of candles in the channelin the picture )?

About the average height of the candles - no problem.

Yes, of course candles can go out of the channel - but at least 80% of the candle must be in the channel, otherwise the flat is over.

Andrey Dik:
Yes, of course candles can go out of the channel - but at least 80% of the candle must be in the channel, otherwise the flat is over.
Ah, candles, not candlesticks. Then it's even easier...
Reason: