So who hasn't lived through the day ))) - page 12

Soros is just trying to make some extra money, he's been getting tired over the last few years)))

Dmitriy Skub:
Soros was just trying to make some extra money, because he has gotten tired in recent years))).
He may well have, but it's the kind of manipulation that younger varmints can pull off today. It's even more likely.

BlackTomcat:
It was not a disaster for me, even though I lost a position. What bothers me most is that my brokerage company uses minima around 1.14 on the chart, while Trading Central's analytics shows minima around 1.19. The difference, to put it mildly, is too much.
Who else has the lows on GBPUSD? No names of DCs/brokers to be mentioned.

Yurij Izyumov:

earned whoever excluded GBP from the basket ))))

Excluded a long, long time ago...)) Guess I got lucky)

Alexandr Saprykin:
Excluded a long, long time ago...)) Guess I got lucky))
Same thing)))

Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has asked the Bank of International Settlements (BIS) to take part in an investigation into the causes ofthe sharp plunge in the pound sterling exchange rate, which happened in the early hours of 7 October, the agency reports.

The statement was made at a press conference in Washington, where the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank is taking place. Earlier, the Bank of England launched its own investigation into the incident.

Фунт стерлингов резко упал из-за опасений рынка по поводу Brexit
Фунт стерлингов резко упал из-за опасений рынка по поводу Brexit
  • interfax.com.ua
Британский фунт стерлингов резко снизился в пятницу по отношению к доллару США на азиатских торгах на фоне обеспокоенности участников рынка последствиями выхода Великобритании из Евросоюза. Падение, как говорят участники рынка, усилили торговые роботы. Триггером снижения стали слова президента Франции Франсуа Олланда о том, что Брюссель должен...

Дмитрий:

Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has asked the Bank of International Settlements (BIS) to take part in an investigation into the causes ofthe sharp plunge in the pound sterling exchange rate, which happened in the early hours of 7 October, the agency reports.

The statement was made at a press conference in Washington, where the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank is taking place. Earlier, the Bank of England launched its own investigation into the incident.

Yes, let them look for someone to blame... Could Donald Trump be to blame? Maybe someone else?

Alexandr Saprykin:

Quote from analysts: -

"Everyone has already heard about the pound's collapse today at the start of the Asian session. But here is the question: how deep was this fall actually? Holders of options and other currency contracts especially worry about it, but the answer is not so easy, as it may seem at first sight. The attentive reader has probably noticed that different sources indicate different magnitude of the fall of the pound/dollar, with a spread sometimes reaching several hundred points, and this, by the way, is someone's gain or loss. The problem is that currencies are traded on dozens of different platforms, and each of them displays only those transactions (and at those prices) that took place within its ecosystem. Usually the difference between the quotes is negligible or non-existent. But today, things are just as unusual.

The benchmark (especially for the pound) is often taken as the quotations of EBS, a trading platform owned by the inter-dealer broker ICAP. On it, the pound fell to a low of 1.1938 - trades at that level were "on low volume". Bloomberg reports a fall to 1.1841, but the pound suffered the worst at Reuters, where the system initially recorded a low of 1.1378, well below all other platforms. Then this value was corrected, and now the absolute low is set at 1.1491 at 23.07 GMT, that is when the fall began. But that's not all. Reuters also publishes a "market low" on "good volumes", i.e. at least 5 million GBP. So that's 1.15 and it was reached at about the same time as the absolute.

How these proceedings will end and what the consequences for the market will be is not yet known.

You'd think the connoisseur Sanych would be eating his own tie.

And you should be looking for the cause where it's at its lowest point.

Reason: