Evaluating the effectiveness of filters in the construction of an ATC - page 6

-Aleks-:

...Have a look at the other sheets, please, the filtering principle is the same and it's very interesting, given the conclusion from the weak filtering that in fact the filter doesn't work - well it doesn't :)

And, you are investigating an EA that trades against the trend with averaging - so, in my opinion, evaluating it by profit is not very objective.

I'll see, when I have the time... And what should be objectively considered as a profit indicator? By the way, a couple more words about the first filter. It cuts off the tails of the distribution, with both tails: the worst results and the best ones. This is not good either. Ideally, the filter should cut off the left tail - the worst ones.

Dennis Kirichenko:
I'll see, there will be time... And what is objectively considered a performance indicator? By the way, a couple more words about the first filter. It cuts off the tails of the distribution, with both tails: the worst results and the best ones. This is not good either. Ideally, the filter should cut off the left tail - the worst ones.

I have just decided to give myself an answer to this question - I sat down to write in Word, to make logical calculations, but I still come to the conclusion that the net profit is not a good indicator, at least for the evaluation of such TS. Although I don't know how to post my note about it - I've already got 14 pages long, but I want to examine my position critically, especially concerning methods of chart analysis...

As for cutting ends, I think you need to look at how much profit and loss decrease in percentage terms. But, for me personally, the number of deposits lost during optimization is very important - the less deposits, the more chances to survive. It's better to live poorly but live poorly than to have 1 in 100 chance to get rich...

-Aleks-:

As for cutting ends, I think you need to look at how much profit and loss decrease in percentage terms. But, for me personally, the number of deposits lost during optimization is very important - the less deposits, the more chances to survive. It's better to live poorly but better to live than to have a 1 in 100 chance to get rich.

It's a matter of money management when you lose deposits.

As for the filter - a uniform growth of TF with a uniform decline in total profits is good)) where is the compromise, it depends again on money management. And in general, you can use it to trade a portfolio of one system with different settings (including filter parameters). Simply, if the signal triggers with a better filter value, the lot is larger, and with a weaker one, the lot is smaller. Of course there is a PF threshold below which there is no point in trading the system. Similarly, you can combine the system with different settings that will result in staged entry and/or exit, which may be a diversification in some sense.

Avals:

losing deposits is a matter of money management.

A bold statement. Imho, MM is Dr Bormental (the assistant), not Professor Preobrazhensky (the head doctor).

The second filter is the same as the first - cutting tails left and right...

The seventh filter is a strong cutter. But there is a nuance. It's skewed in the right direction: it cuts the left-hand tail more.

This can be seen from the distribution. The Gumbel Max was the most suitable.

The important conclusion is that about 30% of the passes were unprofitable and about 70% were profitable.

Avals:

The deposits we have lost are a matter of money management.

As for the filter - uniform growth of PF with a uniform decrease in the total profit is good)) Where is the compromise, it depends again on the money management. And in general, you can use it to trade a portfolio of one system with different settings (including filter parameters). Simply, if the signal triggers with a better filter value, the lot is larger, and with a weaker one, the lot is smaller. Of course there is a PF threshold below which there is no point in trading the system. The same way we can combine the system with different settings that will result in staged entering and/or leaving, which may be regarded as diversification in some sense.

Much depends on the TS, if it is the so-called averaging, as in the example, then the loss is equal to a failed entry, and the fewer failures, the better - for this is responsible filtering system.

If I may give an example, I do not immediately understand the phrase " uniform growth of PF with an even decline in total profits is good" growth in relation to what - the last pass? Then what is the overall decline in profits?

Dennis Kirichenko:
The second filter is the same as the first one - it cuts tails left and right...

And what kind of result do we expect - here we would like to understand the benchmark against which, theoretically, we are trying to determine the effectiveness of the filter.

Dennis Kirichenko:

The seventh filter is a strong cutter. But there is a nuance. It is skewed in the right direction: it cuts left-hand tail more.

This can be seen from the distribution. The Gumbel Max is the most suitable.

The important conclusion is that about 30% of the passes were unprofitable and about 70% were profitable.

In practice I use 3 and 4 settings of the same filter.

Is 30% and 70% conclusion relative to results of the F_7 sheet? Just look at all these sheets and you will see the following situation

SheetLossesProfitable
Standart 61,99% 38,01%
F_1 62,50% 37,50%
F_2 37,24% 62,76%
F_3 30,87% 69,13%
F_4 29,34% 70,66%
F_5 17,86% 82,14%
F_6 6,63% 93,37%
F_7 31,63% 68,37%

The asymmetry coefficient for the Humbel distribution is constant at 2.404 - what does this give us theoretically - what is the point of this model?

Dennis Kirichenko:
A bold statement. Imho, MM is Dr Bormental (assistant), not Professor Preobrazhensky (chief medical officer).
naturally, MM will not make a positive MO, but with the wrong MM, systems with a statistical advantage are also leaked. With the right MM and the rules for disabling the system, it will lose as much as it is predetermined to lose, not the entire deposit
Reason: