Is it necessary to analyse the bars/curves on the timeframe? - page 6

Andrey Dik:
Speaking for myself, they will come out. I can even tease you with a "sweetie" - I have developed and tested a new statistical trade indicator to replace the usual PF. There will be other "goodies" too.
What is PF? If you can, please do not use abbreviations - the forum is read by many unprepared people for whom any abbreviation is like a hieroglyph :).

Karputov Vladimir:
What is "PF"? If you can, write at once without abbreviations - the forum is read by a lot of untrained people for whom any abbreviation is like a hieroglyph :).
profit factor

Karputov Vladimir:
What is "PF"? If you can, write it without abbreviations - there are a lot of unprepared people reading the forum, for whom any abbreviation is like a hieroglyph :).
I second that. Once searched in a search engine what Andrew meant by the abbreviation PF. Could not find anything I found. It turned out to be a fitness function.

Yuri Evseenkov:
Seconded. I once searched on a search engine to find out what Andrei meant by the acronym Ff. I couldn't find anything. It turned out to be a fitness function.
See how useful abbreviations are.

Alexander Antoshkin:

You have to simplify the logical chain :) The herds go to the mountain, and only after that do you help them, not the other way around. You're not driving them up there, you're helping them since they went up there.

And you can simplify things.

Go against the wind, do not stand still!

Understand, there's no easy road.

Andrey Dik:

It's not about the candles, it's about the price discretion. You and the top-trader do not take that point into account. Renko-like constructions are not devoid of disadvantages of classical OHLC candlesticks, and even contain less information.

Well, the question of the author of the thread was different, it turns out that he does not want to analyze graphs at all, the data window with varying prices is enough.

Does 1.5678 mean anything to you? Or do you have to necessarily look at the dynamics on the chart? Maybe you do not understand the subject area well then, if it does not tell you anything?

Of course, everyone needs a chart - analysts, traders. But just to play with, to see the maximum/minimum. I do not think that it should influence their decisions.

The problem, it seems to me, is that more and more people begin to realize that the classical technical analysis is an unscientific heresy.

Yuri Evseenkov:
Andrey Dik and Alexey Volchansky, forgive me for being indiscreet. With such hyperactivity on the forum, do you have time to write articles you've subscribed to? Will it be published this year?
Where do you see this hyperactivity? )) I write here sometimes. I write articles too, I just have to do some experiments and develop the classes for processing as I go along. It's not like writing an article on how to use a tester.

Stanislav Aksenov:

So the question of the author of the thread was about something else, it turns out that he proposes not to analyse the charts at all, the data window with changing prices is enough.

Does 1.5678 mean anything to you? Or do you have to necessarily look at the dynamics on the chart? Maybe you do not understand the subject area well then, if it does not tell you anything?

Of course, everyone needs a chart - analysts, traders. But just to play with, to see the maximum/minimum. I do not think that it should influence their decisions.

I think the problem is that more and more people begin to realize that the classical technical analysis is an unscientific heresy.

If the analysis didn't work, the quotes would be in two digits today. With cents or pennies I mean.

Stanislav Aksenov:

So the question of the author of the thread was different, it turns out that he proposes not to analyse the charts at all, the data window with changing prices is enough.

The problem, I think, is that more and more people start to realize that the classic technical analysis is an unscientific heresy.

Working with Data is an interesting theme "anomalies of statistical deviations" could be exploited, ideally the "rug to fight" (risk) should be 10-15 pips, I think there is even a script to unload the data

( it's necessary to look around )))

Karputov Vladimir:

The usual representation of quotes is the quotes rolled up on certain timeframes (timeframes) with the main indicators OHLC (Open, High, Low, Close). And it is no secret that at each timeframe the chart representation will be different or even strikingly different.

So, is it worth analyzing the candlesticks/bar chart? Or maybe we should consider a chart like this:

That is, this is a completely clean chart. Only the price. There are no graphical constructions - no bars, no candlesticks.

The question is correctly stated: should we analyze candlesticks/bar chart, or not?

Of course you should. They provide information that can be analyzed.

I do not quite understand what a clear chart means? Do you mean start from a clean one and accumulate further history or what? In any case there must be conditions to make a decision, inflection or break of a new line is not important, but conditions. So a line chart with period 1 on the minimum TF will show what we need. The entire dynamics of higher periods in the unfolded form.

It is interesting to observe for a long time that people try to analyse where the next tick will go and by how many points it will rise or fall.

But the discreteness gets in the way.

Funny, isn't it?

Reason: