Does any of the TA work on tick charts? - page 3

ForexTools:

It just so happens that I've had to spend a lot of time on tick charts lately. I drew myself a simple indicator and watched it. In the course of this process the question of the subject arose.

I know MACs will work, but what about other things? Has anyone tried to do something more or less adequate on ticks and in general, is it possible?

The ticks are interesting on real exchanges. I don't know, on decesh ones, it is unlikely. The conditions of tick formation are too specific there.

Techno:
Candles can be made in the abstract (if you need them so much)
The problem is that I don't need candlesticks (for this problem, of course). I am interested in another thing: what is the fundamental difference between a tick chart (read - continuous) and a candlestick chart (read - discrete) and what can be "seen" on ticks that cannot be seen on bars and how the old indicators will show it;)

There are different understandings of the tick:

1. change in Bid/Ask price. What is the point of this change if you don't know what volume it corresponds to. For example, right now the Bid/Ask corresponds to 0.1 mio. And the next tick is already 1 mio. Is it possible to match such ticks? No, we can't. Therefore, ticks analysis without volumes is a weak link.

2. change of the order stack. There are platforms where a new tick arrival event is a change in the cup. The Bid/Ask (best prices in the market) may not change, but the prices/volumes of the worst-priced orders do. The analysis of such ticks (and this is the analysis of the cup) makes sense. But then the question arises, where to get the cup? With the stock exchanges it's clear. Not so with FOREX. It must be an ECN with a very high turnover. As a rule, enough Currenex with 10 main (the largest) liquidity providers. There is an option more precise - Currenex with more than 70 liquidity providers. But I don't think the difference is significant (I don't know, I haven't tried it).

It also makes sense to analyse turnovers. This information is available on exchanges (executed trades). In FOREX also with this tight. But it is also available on the same Currenex (did not analyze).

I was interested in the volume of 1 myo. Therefore Bid/Ask for 1 myo was forming by myself from the real time market. It's a huge amount of resources to write the full article. To analyze it is even more. I personally cannot technically afford it. And you have to start small.

But ticks corresponding to a certain minimum volume - that's interesting.

For example, in Dukas the ticks correspond to 0.1 mio. Because of that the spread is narrow. But the Bid/Ask analysis does not reflect anything at all. And besides Dukas with its kitchen...

Again, if you take MT4, MBTrading has volumes corresponding to 1 mio. That's why the spread is wider. But Bid/Ask analysis will already give more. However, they have their own ECN and to what extent it reflects the market - is difficult to say. Turnover, of course, does not reach Currenex significantly.

So if you want to analyze FOREX ticks, the best way is the analysis of the Currenex market with a large number of liquidity providers.

Worse is the analysis of Bid/Ask prices corresponding to more or less high volumes.

Of course, it is possible to analyze small volumes. But they get "gobbled up" so that they do not have time to do it. It is more reliable with larger volumes.

ForexTools:
I do not need candlesticks (for this problem, of course). i am interested in another thing: what is the fundamental difference between a tick chart (read - continuous) and a candlestick chart (read - discrete) and what can be "seen" on ticks that is not on bars and how this new will show the old indicators ;)

Well, it's guessing by coffee grounds :) It is not for nothing that ticks were invented to be aggregated into candles

Look here - https://ta.mql4.com/ru/, look at the formulas for the indicators, most of them are calculated using one(!) row of data. Of those that remain, all or almost all can be converted to work on one data series (e.g. ADX - instead of High[0]-High[1] you can use Close[0]-Close[1]). Some that use volume lose their meaning, some are converted to other, more popular indicators. Definitely, ATR cannot be calculated on ticks. No. You can calculate ATR as well.

ForexTools:
I do not need candlesticks (for this problem, of course). i am interested in another thing: what is the fundamental difference between a tick chart (read - continuous) and a candlestick chart (read - discrete) and what can be "seen" on ticks that cannot be seen on bars and how the old indicators will show this new feature ;)

However:) On ticks you can see everything that was. While on bars you can see only four price values during the time of bar formation.

Integer:

However:) On ticks you can see everything that was. And on the bars, you can see only four price values for the entire time of bar formation.

all that was is speed only --> ticks show how fast the price went up, on bars this information is already partially lost the older the timeframe is

and the density of ticks per minute often reflects interest in a particular currency - this information is also missing from the bars

Integer:

However:) On ticks you can see everything. And on the bars you can see only four price values over the time of bar formation.

Um... I don't understand... I thought I wrote the same thing.

ForexTools:
that's the thing, i don't need candles

Integer:

Look here - https://ta.mql4.com/ru/, look at the formulas of the indicators, most of them are calculated from one(!) row of data.
Thanks, i am aware of that ;) but i am interested in the impracticality: if anyone has tried it, how it worked and what was the result.

By the way, a theoretical question: what is a tick if we consider it as a candle?

1) A candlestick in which O and H and L and C = the current quote (a candlestick from one price)

2) is a candlestick, where O = previous quote C = current quote, and H and L = O and C in the right direction (candlestick from two prices)

i.e. is it a candlestick with a price or a candlestick between prices?

I mean that this is the way to get a tick chart, which is represented in the form of a bar

I don't make it up myself. If anyone can give me a measure of the movement in terms of ticks, I would be very grateful.

Reason: