Installing the terminal in Windows 10 - page 3

Ibragim Dzhanaev:
What do you mean it's not critical? C will be bootable? History, tester - everything will be on D?

History, tester, settings, advisors etc. (all important files and not) will be in the terminal directory, i.e. drive D.

In current user profile, i.e. on C drive, there may appear files for terminal update, from Market something like product list and indexes, if you looked in MT on Market tab, help sort of, if you opened it from MT or ME. But even if you delete them, they will reappear if necessary. Nothing important and personal is left there (if portable mode).

It's becoming clearer.

Thank you.

Shortcuts and the god-awful Explorer are for housewives!
I would say it's about the whole Windows). Most win followers change windows just hoping for a new desktop layout, i used to be like that myself.

I don't have desktop and explorer, only console and midnight commander. I can't afford to go back. Console is the best interface, unlimited possibilities + high potential for automation.

Alexandr Saprykin:

And for nothing, here's a decent desktop)) It fits everything.

:-) it deserves to be put in the Humour thread

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Vladimir, I'm aware of the preferences for free software )) And for me the measure of program usefulness is increase of efficiency of my work while using it. I was just counting the number of terminals. I can find out how many and throw to buffer or file all the full paths in 20 seconds. Try to do that in Explorer - no way.

Why so confidently declare if you don't know how to use it? Unlike housewives))

and this is the result:

"M:\MT\MetaTrader5 MetaQuotes\terminal64.exe"

"M:MTFXstart/mt4 tester/terminal.exe"

"M:MT5 Robo/terminal64.exe"

"M:MT/TeleTrade/Mt4 test/terminal.exe"

"M:MT4 test/terminal.exe"

"M:MT/TeleTrade/MetaTrader 4 TeleTrade - Learnterminal.exe"

"M:MT_build/terminal.exe"

"M:MT/MetaTrader - E-Global TFG/terminal.exe"

Event:

Why be so confident if you don't know how to use it? Unlike housewives))

and this is the result:

"M:MT/MetaTrader5 MetaQuotes/terminal64.exe"

"M:MTFXstart/mt4 tester/terminal.exe"

"M:MT5 Robo/terminal64.exe"

"M:MT/TeleTrade/Mt4 test/terminal.exe"

"M:MT4 test/terminal.exe"

"M:MT/TeleTrade/MetaTrader 4 TeleTrade - Learnterminal.exe"

"M:MT_build/terminal.exe"

"M:MT/MetaTrader - E-Global TFG\terminal.exe"

I don't know how, because I hardly ever use it)) I looked it up, I don't have a Search tab in Explorer, where do I press the magic button to make it appear?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I don't, because I hardly ever use it )) I looked it up, I don't have a Search tab in explorer, where do I press the magic button to make it appear?

in the top right corner, under the cross, to the left of the question mark, tick ^.
on it. A lot of possibilities will open).
Next, the "home" tab.

I put everything in Program Files by default, no problems with the terminal, I have 10 on 2 PCs, although the user has administrator rights.

Alexandr Gavrilin:
I put everything in Program Files by default, no problems with the terminal, I have 10 on 2 PCs, although the user is an administrator.
It's not about problems, it's about usability when writing programs. I always start terminals in portable mode, so all data are located in terminal folder, not user folder. I write programs only on one terminal, for copying ready-made programs in other terminals I use scripts. It's faster and more convenient for me personally.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
It's not about the problems, it's about the ease of working when writing programs. I always start terminals in portable mode, so all data are located in terminal folder, not in user folder. I write programs only on one terminal, for copying ready-made programs in other terminals I use scripts. It is faster and more convenient for me personally.
Copying using scripts is very inconvenient when working with multiple computers and in multiple places. In this case only Storage can save and, of course, no /portable.
Reason: