Installing the terminal in Windows 10 - page 2

Sergey Basov:

Install on D and run MT (and ME) in portable mode. To do this, add /portable to the shortcut properties of the MT and ME.

Example:

"D:\MetaTrader 4 - Alpari/terminal.exe" /portable

"D:\MetaTrader 4 - Alpari\metaeditor.exe" /portable

After that there will be no link to C drive, and it is possible to run MT and ME on different computers from flash drive. And everything you need will be stored in terminal directory. But even in this case some service files from MT may appear in current user's profile in path c:\Users\username%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\, but their presence or absence is not critical.

Thank you. Your version is the best.

Another question: how can I wipe all the terminals from C so that not a trace is left?

Karputov Vladimir:

So I'm an American housewife :).

I've always been an advocate of maximising the use of standard software. And the "Explorer" - "Total/Norton" argument is just a matter of habit, nothing more. It is incorrect to put a label on it.

Vladimir, I am aware of your taste for free software )) For me, the measure of a program's usefulness is an increase in efficiency of my work while using it. I've just counted the number of terminals, for 20 seconds I can find out how many and throw to buffer or file all the full paths. Try to do this in Explorer - no way.

----- Instead of Demo folder I have -------

c:\Forex\Contest\Alpari_FormulaFX\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\Alpari-VirtReal\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\FX_Invest\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\FxArena\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\IndigoDMA\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\InstaForex-Sniper\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\Robo_NY\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\Squared_3_27_feb_2015\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Contest\Weltrade\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\~FIBO_Group\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\~Forex4you\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\~NewForex\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\~NewForex_Dima\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\~STForex\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\Alpari_Standart\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\ForexMart\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\FxStart\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\InstaForex\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\InstaForex-Bonus\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\RealTrader\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\roboforex_cent_pro/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\roboforex_cent_pro_Dima\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\roboforex_standart_pro/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\roboforex_standart_pro2/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\Real\UNION_STANDARD\terminal.exe

c:\Forex/Real/UNION_STANDARD_0_8/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\Alpari_Pro_Ecn\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\Alpari_Standart\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\CopyFxDemoECNPro/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\Dukas\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\IC_Markets\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\InstaForex\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\RoboForexDevelopment\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\RoboForexDevelop_2/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\RoboforexMT4\terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\Signal_MQL5.com/terminal.exe

c:\Forex\School\SundaySchool\terminal.exe

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

Thank you. Your option is the best.

Another question: how do I remove everything about the terminals from C so that no trace is left behind?

In Total Commander press Alt+F7 and type terminal.exe

Sergey Basov:

Install on D and run MT (and ME) in portable mode. To do this, add /portable to the shortcut properties of the MT and ME.

Example:

"D:\MetaTrader 4 - Alpari/terminal.exe" /portable

"D:\MetaTrader 4 - Alpari\metaeditor.exe" /portable

There will no longer be any connection to C drive and you can run MT and ME on different computers from a flash drive. And everything you need will be stored in terminal directory. But even in this case some service files from MT may appear in current user's profile in path c:\Users\username%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\, but their presence or absence is not critical.

What do you mean it's not critical? Will it load? History, tester - everything will be on D?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
In Total Commander press Alt+F7 and type terminal.exe in the search bar
Thank you.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Now I counted through TC, I have 11 terminals installed in the Real folder, 17 in Demo and 9 in Contest.

It's a bit difficult to place them on the panel)) In my toolbar I have the most important things - MS VS Studio, TC, a couple of browsers and calculator. There's nothing else I need there. )

And in vain, here's a decent desktop)) Everything fits here.

junk on the desktop

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Now I counted through TC, I have 11 terminals installed in the Real folder, 17 in Demo and 9 in Contest.

It's a bit difficult to place them on the panel)) In my toolbar I have the most important things - MS VS Studio, TC, a couple of browsers and calculator. There's nothing else I need there. )

That's why I have this panel that unfolds-collapses up and down. In fact, I have two of them )). Made it in 7 like in XP. The most necessary things are always in full view and the rest is in the collapsed panel. However, I don't have so many terminals. Sometimes I need to start MT without running Total Сommander first, so this panel is not so useless.

Alexandr Saprykin:

And for nothing, here's a decent desktop)) It fits everything.

It's already on God's level ))

Sergey Basov:
That's why I have this panel that unfolds and unfolds up and down. In fact, I have two of them )). Made them in 7 like in XP. The most necessary things are always in full view and the rest is in the collapsed panel. However, I don't have so many terminals. Sometimes I need to start MT without running Total Сommander before that, so this panel is not so useless.
I don't argue, who's used to it. And I've got all the folders I need bookmarked in TC, it's easier for me to jump there, and then I remember where everything is.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I'm not arguing, it's a matter of habit. I have all the folders I need bookmarked in TC, it's easier for me to jump there, and then I remember where everything is.
And I'm not arguing, I have almost everything through Total Commander too. I can't work without it for about 10 years now. I still use FAR before that, I switched to TC mainly because of bookmarks, FAR didn't have them.
Reason: