Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 87

Will the automatic over-optimisation of the TC after a certain time, e.g. daily, within a certain stretch of history, e.g. over the last year, be addressed?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
Will there be a discussion of automatic reoptimization of TCs at a certain time, for example, every day, within a certain period of history, for example, for the last year?

Dear Yusuf! Questions on optimization algorithms are discussed here without any reference to their areas of application.

Therefore the answer is no.

If you want to discuss aspects of their application, it is reasonable to open a separate branch.

On the face of it, the topicstarter started the championship to find out if anyone can beat him.

He really tried hard to organise this event. He even received support from MQ for the prize fund.

The topic-starter provided links to the literature, encouraged people to become familiar with the subject of the Championship in a short period of time, and even participated without any serious training, or even without any knowledge of optimization, using any available algorithm.

I tried to motivate people to participate in the Championship, trying to convince them that they are mediocre programmers and are unsure of their victory. Provided a head start. Some of them decided to participate, although half of them did not understand the subject. Weak opponents.

But why? After all, it is clear that these people would not have been able to outdo the organizer in the championship. The topic-starter explained simply - to raise their level of education and broaden their horizons. Perhaps that is the case.

Indeed, there were interferences from some people, there were complicated organisational issues...

Personally, there were a lot of questions from me about optimisation. I was trying to understand the subject to have some chance at the championship. Literature was useless at that moment, because you have to grasp the subject very quickly. To understand the essence.

The organizer was unable to explain the essence of the problem to me. A half of the potential participants did not understand the essence of the problem either. It became clear that all of us, the inexperienced, who had been invited and encouraged, were just the masses of the championship.

The Championship began to fall apart, because there weren't enough people confident in their abilities, and no one particularly wanted to participate.

Personally, I found this role unacceptable. I figured out the essence of optimisation and challenged the organiser to an open competition. In the preliminary competition on the text task I won it. The topic-starter avoided an open competition with me, hiding behind organizational issues that were unsolvable thanks to him.

From that moment I began to suspect the topicstarter of simple cowardice. If not, he will find an opportunity to hold a competition and find out if he is the strongest in the field.

I look forward to that hour.

Реter Konow:

Holy naivety. Here's the first post - the first post is always hugely defining:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Algorithm Optimization Championship.

Andrey Dik, 2016.06.09 19:58

The Algorithm Optimization Championship is conceived as a competition for those who are looking for, inquisitive and for whom standing still means moving backward.

The Championship is a great opportunity to test your algorithms under tough competitive conditions, which are tougher and more demanding than those encountered in everyday life. It's a chance to make sure that your algorithm can no longer be better, which means confidence in solving life's challenges ahead, or to make sure that you need or can further improve and enhance your algorithm.

Rules:

1. Algorithms of optimization based on any principles and theories of search are admitted to the championship, absolutely any.

2. Each participant could represent only one algorithm in source code or in compiled form of *.ex5 library.

3. At the end of the championship the participants will be ranked according to the following criteria: speed of algorithm, number of runs of fitness function, accuracy of solution finding.

Terms:

1. the organiser reserves the right to refuse the participation of anyone without explaining the reasons.

2. the organiser has the right to participate in the championship.

3. the organiser will refuse the prizes in favour of the participants in case of availability of the prize fund from potential sponsors at the time of announcing the prizes.

Organiser of the Championship of Optimisation Algorithms: Joo.

Be brave, participate and win. It may well happen that your algorithm will be used in the future in the native MT optimizer, why not?

Where is the literature? Where are the basics? Where are the links?

If that's not in the first post - that just means a diagnosis of "sticking out your lip" and "high-flying bird". No one in their right mind would dig through a pile of 80 pages of rubbish to find that very reference to literature.

This thread carries nothing of general educational value in its essence, except to satisfy the ego of the topic-starter.

Реter Konow:

Personally, I found this role unacceptable. I figured out the essence of optimisation and challenged the organiser to an open competition. In the preliminary competition on the text task I won it. The topic-starter began to avoid an open competition with me, hiding behind organizational issues that are completely insoluble thanks to him.

From this point on I began to suspect the topicstarter of basic cowardice. If not, he'll find a way to run a competition and find out if he's the strongest in the field.

I look forward to that hour.

You have tailored your algorithm to the specific task, so your results are irrelevant, they are not illustrative - proof of this in my posts after the publication of your results. The optimization algorithm has to cope with an unknown task, as has actually been repeated more than once.

Karputov Vladimir:

Holy naivety. Here is the first post - the first post is always a huge determinant:

If that's not in the first post - that just means a diagnosis of "sticking out your lip" and "high-flying bird". No one in their right mind would dig through a 80 page pile of rubbish to find that very reference to literature.

This topic does not carry anything of a general educational nature, except to satisfy the ego of the topic-starter.

It would take more than one month to write the very first post in such a way that it would contain all the descriptions, conditions, and possible solutions to potential problems. And I had a few days for that. I intended to consider nuances in live communication. I expected your help in keeping order and systematization of knowledge accumulated in a branch by moving it to the first post (as everybody knows a post a User can edit only for 3 days) ..... I have not received any order or systematization of accumulated knowledge.

You have a chance to make a feasible contribution at least in a small way - to be a judge in our duel with Peter, we'll make an openly, that all would see FF without restrictions, you will generate FF key to ensure uniqueness of the FF, compile FF library, and Peter and I will give you algorithms without restrictions, then conduct tests and publish results.

OK?

Karputov Vladimir:

Look at the championships from MQ, or any other algotrading championships. Where do you see "literature", "basics", and "links" explaining what algotrading is all about and what participants need to do to win! There's nothing like that there! The events are designed for trained participants!

Yes, there are technical articles from MQ on how to make an EA for the Championship so that there would be no technical problems on the Championship server, but nothing more than that!!! And I have an article in which the optimization algorithm to the state of mush is explained, who is interested could read it at least. Just go to my profile, where the link to the literature, the article and published on the forum threads.

Karputov Vladimir:

Holy naivety. Here's the first post - the first post is always hugely defining:

If that's not in the first post - that just means a diagnosis of "sticking out your lip" and "high-flying bird". No one in their right mind would dig through a pile of 80 pages of rubbish to find that very reference to literature.

There is nothing educational about this topic, except for the ego gratification of the topic-starter.

Come on -- all things considered -- to "hang" the topicstarter with some obligations is not correct and not right.

He doesn't have to teach anyone and he doesn't have to post any literature somewhere -- all the more so, that posting literature doesn't lead to the beginning of teaching anyone.

Any topic that is open to the public is of a general educational nature -- if only the reader would be interested in the matter.

And yes, everyone has an ego -- the topicstarter, me, and most -- and if you read your posts, as far as egos go, do you think you don't have one? -- and what's wrong with that? -- and why should any diagnosis follow from that, in your words?

The "championship" failed for one simple reason -- the "organizer + its organization" were not ready to organize such an event.

Andrey Dik:

Well, what can be a show-off, Andrew? You get overtaken on the road by a red BMW driven by a coloured girl whose daddy bought her a car for her 16th birthday - that's not smart, you know? If she would go to a factory, to a milling machine, if she has no mind, and if she has, then to some research institute, she would earn money for a Kalina, then yes, but here - it's a show-off.

It's not when your dad gives you a red BMW, it's when you flaunt it. A girl can be modest and drive really well.

You earned your BMW yourself, but you don't miss a single opportunity to flaunt it. And you're always going, "Well, who's against me, eh? What, are you afraid of comparing your Zaporozhets?". It might attract the exact same poncey guy, with a similar BMW. But it doesn't do anything to mass, popularise or promote the idea.

And all those comments, all those people you don't like are just a sign. Think about why there are so many of them.

Andrey Dik:
Andrey, will you judge? We will need to test all the algorithms of the participants, calculate the table of results and post the results and calculations of the table. The work is not dusty and respected as much as it is unpaid.

Run the ready-made codes (without dll, of course) on your PC and post screenshots and logs - no problem.

I will not judge.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

It's not when your dad gives you a red BMW, it's when you flaunt it. A girl can be modest and drive really well.

You earned your BMW yourself, but you don't miss a single opportunity to flaunt it. And you're always going, "Well, who's against me, eh? What, are you afraid of comparing your Zaporozhets?". It might attract the exact same poncey guy, with a similar BMW. But it doesn't do anything to mass, popularise or promote the idea.

And all those comments, all those people you don't like, are just a sign. Think about why there are so many of them.

If you draw an analogy with cars - they'd be dashing around in their supercars in a race. What's wrong with that, if everyone sees the race? - After all, why hide what is created, nurtured, nurtured with your own hands?

And about people who don't like me or don't like me - whatever, personal dislike shouldn't affect the common cause - that's what I've been calling for all the time, "got anything to say on the matter?".

Reason: