Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 42

An invitation to the championship has been sent to Mr Olson. I will await his reply at my post office. As soon as he responds, I will forward it to this thread. I will present the championship to him in the best possible way. Do not worry.

Реter Konow:
An invitation to the championship has been sent to Mr. Olson. I'll be waiting for his reply in my mail. As soon as he responds, I will forward it to this thread. I will present the championship to him in the best possible way. Do not worry.

Thank you.

I also look forward to seeing you at the championships. Your presence is crucial. Don't give up half a step from the battle. You've demonstrated great fighting skills, the ability to defend your point of view, the will to win.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Don't harass people. Not your forum, not your thread. All my posts are comments and rejoinders on posts in the thread - i.e. strictly in the context of the thread's discussion.

If I find it necessary to comment on posts on matrix and optimization -- I will comment, as long as I don't see the need to do so.

You are mistaken. Now this thread is not just mine. It also belongs to those who are interested in it, it is part of their thought process.

If I don't send you, someone else will - don't try to throw me off balance.

Andrey Dik:
You are almost twice wrong in your estimates. 7 people have already registered to participate.

2 times or 1.5 times, what difference does it make. Why waste so much energy. If there was a championship for trading robots or trading, a lot of people would take part, me too.

If you want to understand that we are not over the moon and we are able to do real trading not by words, I would like to show you small fragments of my recent works.

There are optimization tasks here too.

And no one is going to stop you. We wish you good luck.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

2 times or 1.5 times, what difference does it make. Why waste so much energy. If there was a championship for trading robots or trading, a lot of people would take part, me too.

If you want to understand that we are not over the moon and we are able to do real trading not by words, I would like to show you small fragments of my recent works.

There are optimization tasks here too.

And no one is going to stop you. We wish you good luck.

You understand that trading has long gone away from the preliminary visual analysis of quotes on paper.

Today, no EA can do without many areas of knowledge in its development: statistics, analysis, diff. calculus, matrix calculus.

And you can't do without optimization. No Expert Advisor, indicator or trading panel can be optimized without selection of the best parameters wherever optimization is carried out - in your head, in the Strategy Tester, or on paper. No human activity can do without optimization. Reasonable activity differs from unreasonable activity in the first place, because there is the analysis of possible consequences of a decision, and the best solution is chosen. And all this is optimization. And traders, more than anyone else, are interested in high-quality, fast and robust optimization algorithms. The one who has information is a winner in this world, and without optimization it is impossible to filter the information noise.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:
I still don't understand what's going on here and what it's all about?
What can I say... You have a lot to be proud of.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

There are optimization challenges here too.

What is the essence of this problem? Drawing a tangent to a curve? How is it solved? What is the uniqueness of the algorithm?

Some kind of spyware.

Andrey Dik:

Thank you.

I also look forward to seeing you at the championships. Your presence is crucial. Don't give up half a step from the battle. You have demonstrated excellent fighting qualities, the ability to defend your point of view, the desire to win.

Andrei, I can be present but I cannot participate without understanding the task.

At the moment, in fact, the task is understood only by two participants - you and Dmitry.

The understanding of the other official participants is questionable. They are silent.

The principle is simple: the more people who understand the problem, the more people are able to participate in the championship.

In general, being interested in attracting more people to the event, you should try to explain the task in many analogies: -

What an optimization algorithm is, where it is used, how it is applied... Give concrete examples, comparisons, and discuss the problem with potential participants.

You gave the analogy of the surface. It helped me to grasp the meaning of the task. Later introduction of the notion of multidimensional space destroyed this analogy. There was nothing to cling to. There was no foothold for the imagination. Cartoons did not provide any support for understanding. We need an analogy from life.

Perhaps you should think about it and start giving concrete examples, of course if you are clear about what you are talking about...

Реter Konow:

Andrei, I can be present, but I cannot participate without understanding the task.

At the moment, in fact, only two participants understand the task - you and Dmitry.

The understanding of the other official participants is questionable. They remain silent.

The principle is simple: the more people who understand the problem, the more people can participate in the championship.

In theory, being interested in attracting more people to the championship, you should try to explain to everyone the essence of the task: -

What an optimization algorithm is, where it is used, how it is applied... Give concrete examples, comparisons, and discuss the problem with potential participants.

You gave the analogy of the surface. It helped me to grasp the meaning of the task. Later introduction of the notion of multidimensional space destroyed this analogy. There was nothing to cling to. There's no foothold for the imagination. Cartoons did not provide any support for understanding. We need an analogy from life.

Perhaps you should think about it and start giving concrete examples, of course if you are clear about what you are talking about...

Did you read my article on genetic algorithms? How much more specific? The site engine even automatically creates a link to the article and has been doing it for a long time. The whole forum is full of links to my article, where else can you be more specific?
If you like the analogy of FF values to a surface, good. Because it's not an analogy, it is a surface. Wherever variable 1 is a curve, wherever variable 2 is a surface, wherever variable 3 is also a surface, wherever variable 4 is a surface. Anywhere more than the 1st variable is a surface, no matter how many dimensions it has.
Besides, what's stopping you from taking an example(example will be available tomorrow) and using it? The rules don't forbid it. Take a look at how it's constructed, everything will become clear. Today it is difficult to invent something from scratch in this area, but to take something as a basis and develop - not difficult, if the desire.

Even if no one participates at all, it will mean my victory. Psychologically, it will be nice that no one has dared to fight me, but it is of little use to me or to anyone.

PS. Often people keep silent in branches not because they have nothing to say, but because they don't want to be wrong, especially if they feel that the probability is high, either unconsciously or quite consciously. Some even wanted to participate anonymously, which is the whole point, but no, only openly and in no other way. There are many smart people, but not many who are capable of admitting their wrongdoing in public or being defeated.

Andrey Dik:

Even if no one participates at all, it will mean my victory. Psychologically, it would be nice that no one dared to fight me.

In that case -- it would be analogous to an episode of the famous movie"A Knight's Tale" -- there's an episode of defeat at the end: "You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been deemed unfit for anything".
Reason: