Trading against the crowd - is there an interested programmer in working together - page 14

Not so long ago I ordered an indicator from a programmer, which loads from .csv. I am currently working on an Expert Advisor (I'm not a good one, but I'm actively learning) to analyze FXCM history for the last 6 years and in future to select the ideal parameters for shares, stops, martin, if needed (although I've already played with it), optimal entry and exit parameters. The strategy works. The entry is good, tested with my hands, but the exit sometimes fails.

Sergey Mihalev:
History of what?

Комбинатор:
History of what?

The history of the ratio of open positions.

Sergey Mihalev:

The history of the ratio of open positions.

Do they have such a deep history?

Комбинатор:
Do they have such a deep history?
They have a history from 10 years ago, but the problem is that I couldn't use this data on my own, and I'm already much better at it when paired with the oanda data.

Izzatilla Ikramov:
I think they have the history from 10 years ago, but the problem is that I couldn't use this data on my own, and it's much better when paired with the oanda data.

Do you mean that you have combined Oanda and FXCM history?

As far as I know, Oanda only has history for the last year, while FXCM does not have history for the last year, but does for the other six years preceding that year. I mean the history, which is stored in a .csv file and can be processed in MetaTrader.

What is the problem with the data, if not a secret?

Sergey Mihalev:

Do you mean that you have combined Oanda and FXCM history?

As far as I know, Oanda only has history for the last year, while FXCM does not have history for the last year, but does for the other six years preceding that year. I mean the history, which is stored in a .csv file and can be processed in MetaTrader.

What is the problem with the data, if not a secret?

I do everything manually. FXCM has a paid service, I have access to it, they publish information there twice a day and since this year they also have an indicator for their terminal.

The problem is that I cannot create a super profitable Expert Advisor, i.e. with the drawdown I want I cannot achieve good gains. If I work manually with these signals then everything is fine.

Izzatilla Ikramov:

I collect everything manually. FXCM has a paid service, I have access to it, they publish information there twice a day and since this year they also have an indicator for their terminal.

The problem is that I cannot create a super profitable Expert Advisor, i.e. with the drawdown I want I cannot achieve good gains. If I work manually with these signals then everything is fine.

What are the difficulties in creating an EA? It's not that complicated, imho.

Sergey Mihalev:
What are the difficulties in creating an EA? It's not all that complicated, imho.

The difficulty is that the signals only show the direction of trades, 1. You need to find good entries. 2. Need to provide for how to build up an open position. 3. Need to find good exits.

Erroneous directions/signals are also available.

Izzatilla Ikramov:

The difficulty is that the signals only show the direction of trades, 1. You need to find good entries. 2. Need to provide for how to build up an open position. 3. we need to find good exits.

Erroneous directions/signals are there too.

I agree with you. Tasks are relevant, I think not only for this strategy.

I noticed that the signal has a great inertia. I.e. there is a global trend down on D1 that is limited by the channel and correction that takes most of the profit. We need a filter that would see this correction. As an option I considered the market depth or percentage of traders that are in profit, there are certain regularities on these instruments that eliminate the problem described above, but for me it is not possible to add these tools to the terminal to make the strategy automated and conduct tests, at least for a small period of history. If this can be done, then the 1st and 3rd issues can be considered partially solved.

Reason: