Not allowing me to copy signal all of a sudden

Hi, I have mt4, I am subscriber to several mt4 signals here at mql5.com

I want to subscribe to a signal, however, when I bring it up in Mt4 terminal, under the signal tab after searching for it. I can see the signal, I can see that I have more than enough money to subscribe to the signal, but the subscribe button is greyed out and I cannot subscribe to it. I have even tried other signals, and free ones.

This mt4 terminal was subscribed to a signal, that just disappeared this morning (I think the trader pulles the signal after the recent market volatility, he had many positions open, all loosing money). Since he pulled his signal, I have been having this issue. I am wondering if the terminal thinks it's still subscribed, even though in the settings, it says "not subscribed to any signals". Not sure what to do.

As I said, I have subscribed to signals before, so I am sure it isn't something obvious or silly.

Thanks in advance.

morton247:

Hi, I have mt4, I am subscriber to several mt4 signals here at mql5.com

I want to subscribe to a signal, however, when I bring it up in Mt4 terminal, under the signal tab after searching for it. I can see the signal, I can see that I have more than enough money to subscribe to the signal, but the subscribe button is greyed out and I cannot subscribe to it. I have even tried other signals, and free ones.

This mt4 terminal was subscribed to a signal, that just disappeared this morning (I think the trader pulles the signal after the recent market volatility, he had many positions open, all loosing money). Since he pulled his signal, I have been having this issue. I am wondering if the terminal thinks it's still subscribed, even though in the settings, it says "not subscribed to any signals". Not sure what to do.

As I said, I have subscribed to signals before, so I am sure it isn't something obvious or silly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi morton

I'd say it's due to the system thinking you are still subscribed to the other signal. Can you still get to the other signal webpage to try to unsubscribe or does it just say signal not available? If no luck, shut down MT and wait a few hours, checking every once in a while. If no joy after a couple of hours, write to the Service Desk

Cheers

Filter:
Hi morton

I'd say it's due to the system thinking you are still subscribed to the other signal. Can you still get to the other signal webpage to try to unsubscribe or does it just say signal not available? If no luck, shut down MT and wait a few hours, checking every once in a while. If no joy after a couple of hours, write to the Service Desk

Cheers

Hi Filter, it is strange, because I can subscribe to signals listed in the signal tab that I haven't searched for, but it seems signals I do a search for, don't give me the option. The old signal has disappeared, but on the webpage, it does not list me as subscribed anymore, it lists it as "Cancelled" so, that is what I would expect. I am thinking perhaps it is because the account doesn't have enough money, not sure how this is set if it is (acct is a demo account with $2.5K AUD in it)?

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I will shut it down and try later, however, I would be surprised if this fixed it.

If anyone else knows a fix, I would be appreciative. PS, MT4 is the latest version, from what I can tell (build 765 V4.0)

Steve

morton247:

Hi Filter, it is strange, because I can subscribe to signals listed in the signal tab that I haven't searched for, but it seems signals I do a search for, don't give me the option. The old signal has disappeared, but on the webpage, it does not list me as subscribed anymore, it lists it as "Cancelled" so, that is what I would expect. I am thinking perhaps it is because the account doesn't have enough money, not sure how this is set if it is (acct is a demo account with $2.5K AUD in it)?

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I will shut it down and try later, however, I would be surprised if this fixed it.

If anyone else knows a fix, I would be appreciative. PS, MT4 is the latest version, from what I can tell (build 765 V4.0)

Steve

Hey Steve

Just a thought; Are the signals you're searching for real or demo signals? If they're real signals then you won't be able to subscribe with a demo account. (This "feature" was introduced late November/December 2014). I can confirm you have the latest build (765)

Filter:

Hey Steve

Just a thought; Are the signals you're searching for real or demo signals? If they're real signals then you won't be able to subscribe with a demo account. (This "feature" was introduced late November/December 2014). I can confirm you have the latest build (765)

Hi Filter, thanks for that, I was just reading the rules and saw the same thing re the account type needs to be the same. This must be new, because I had subscribed to real acct signals in a demo account prior, so as you say, Nov/Dec must be right.

Per the rules, section 11 under trading

"11. In the client terminal's showcase, a real account can only subscribe to Signals from real accounts and a demo account can only subscribe to Signals from demo accounts."

Not sure why they would put such a restriction on demo accounts receiving signals from signal providers on live accounts, for example, I want to test this signal, before putting on a live account. I can understand it being the other way, but why on earth would anyone restrict what a demo account can trade. I will ask them in the support section.

Thanks again Filter!

Steve

morton247:

Hi Filter, thanks for that, I was just reading the rules and saw the same thing re the account type needs to be the same. This must be new, because I had subscribed to real acct signals in a demo account prior, so as you say, Nov/Dec must be right.

Per the rules, section 11 under trading

"11. In the client terminal's showcase, a real account can only subscribe to Signals from real accounts and a demo account can only subscribe to Signals from demo accounts."

Not sure why they would put such a restriction on demo accounts receiving signals from signal providers on live accounts, for example, I want to test this signal, before putting on a live account. I can understand it being the other way, but why on earth would anyone restrict what a demo account can trade. I will ask them in the support section.

Thanks again Filter!

Steve

No worries Steve, glad you got it sorted (well, kind of!). The restriction has always been there in writing (the rules) but they only recently enforced it. Some signals created before the change still allow it (must be a coding glitch) but these are getting few and far between. I can understand the theory behind it but can't say I agree with it.

Cheers
Filter
Reason: