Supporting hedging MT5 - page 6

Renat Fatkhullin:

So you insist on trying to hurt someone and continue to criticise them unfoundedly.

Why?

Renat, it's a state of mind, don't worry. I threw this news about the release with hedging to the Skype group on Friday, and most of them are sitting there on MQL4. People are positive and waiting for support from brokers.

IMHO, the release of MT5 version with hedging is the right and long awaited decision.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Renat, it's a state of mind, don't worry. I threw this news about the release with hedging into the Skype group on Friday, and most of them are sitting there on MQL4. People are positive and waiting for support from brokers.

IMHO, the release of MT5 with hedging is the right and long awaited decision.

I would like to join Renate, though. :)

We are not talking about any brokers. We are not talking about brokers, only about Forex and brokerage companies. Brokers are a totally different story. Even Renat wrote that. And I was talking about the same thing.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Yes, thank you, I got the idea. In the days to come I will try to show how I would work on the same quotes. By hand. Without a loc. If it is interesting.
I can't sit all day and night in front of the computer and look for entry points, so there is an opportunity to work with the bot with a preset algorithm, and I'm profitable while I'm sleeping.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Even if it's Renate's, I'll join in. :)

We are not talking about any brokers. Only about forex and DCs. Brokers are a completely different song. Even Renat wrote that. And I was saying the same thing.

Yes, we are only talking about forex. But the terminology is really floating around here.

Not so long ago I asked a question on the forum about the difference between the concepts of a broker and a DC. I understand it is now in the minds of many the same thing.

With complete goodwill - can you categorise the difference in these terms?

I would be interested in discussing it.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I can't sit in front of the computer all day and night and look for entry points, that's why there is an opportunity to work with the bot according to a preset algorithm, while you sleep, the profit goes.
I rarely sit and meditate in front of the monitor. My time I decided that if I don't learn how to do it by hand I'll never develop a good system. But, by the way, my hands are more efficient.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, we are only talking about forex. But the terminology is really floating around here.

I asked a question on the forum not too long ago about the difference between the concepts of a broker and a DC. I understand it is now in the minds of many the same thing.

With complete goodwill - can you categorise the difference in these terms?

I'd be interested in discussing it.

Yes, of course. Ask questions. I will try to answer them.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Yes, of course. Ask questions. I will try to answer them.

I wrote in a previous post, what is the difference in terminology as you understand it?

My words:about the difference between a broker and a DC

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I wrote in a previous post, what is the difference in terminology as you understand it?

My words:about the difference between a broker and a DC.

The difference. Broker is an intermediary between me and the market. All my accounts and portfolios are registered directly on the exchange. All my transactions, even if I buy 1 futures (equivalent of 100 shares) (that's 3 rubles - ridiculous, really:) go through the market. Of these, 1.5 p is taken by the broker and 1.5 p is taken by the market. The rest of the settlement is made by the market (stock exchange) only. If I submit an order, I see it in the market and all the players see it in the market, because the market is the same for all. If a deal is made, my deal has an exchange number and appears in the table of deals of the exchange - in all players. All my actions are registered directly on the exchange (at the broker, of course, also, but this is secondary).

As far as DCs are concerned, it's different. Here my knowledge is more modest, or even minimal. You know more about brokerage companies than I do. But, imho, tomorrow we may organize a brokerage company and broadcast quotes to those who want.

From here on there can only be speculation about the consequences of this. The brokerage house is closed and where the money is made is, in general, reliably unknown. Once again: 1 lot in Forex = 100000 base currency and is not sold by installments. The leverage is 1/4, if I'm not mistaken. What real trades can we talk about with 100 quid? And cent accounts - what are they? I don't understand it. Mutual closing of opposite positions at the broker is impossible in principle - only market. In DC this is the rule.

Besides, in Russia it is not regulated in any way, and most of the VCs are offshore. All this is suggestive, but I do not know anything specific about VCs.

I know the real story of one MD (I am not going to tell his last name) who started to play Forex to earn some extra money and won a lot. They gave him the money and showed him how to do it. And he was asked not to play any more.

By the way all this does not mean that we cannot work with DCs. But it is better not to deal with some of them, that's for sure.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Difference. A broker is an intermediary between me and the market. All my accounts and portfolios are listed directly on the exchange. All my transactions, even if I buy 1 futures (equivalent of 100 shares) (that's 3 roubles - ridiculous, really:) go through the market. Of these, 1.5 p is taken by the broker and 1.5 p is taken by the market. The rest of the settlement is made by the market (stock exchange) only. If I submit an order, I see it in the market and all the players see it in the market, because the market is the same for all. If a deal is made, my deal has an exchange number and appears in the table of deals of the exchange - in all players. All my actions are registered directly on the exchange (at the broker, of course, also, but this is secondary).

As far as DCs are concerned, things are different. Here my knowledge is more modest, or even minimal. You know more about VC than I do. But, imho, you and I can set up a DC tomorrow and broadcast quotes to those who want them.

From here on there can only be speculation about the consequences of this. The brokerage house is closed and where the money is made is, in general, reliably unknown. Once again: 1 lot in Forex = 100000 base currency and is not sold by installments. The leverage is 1/4, if I'm not mistaken. What real trades can we talk about with 100 quid? And cent accounts - what are they? I don't understand it. Mutual closing of opposite positions at the broker is impossible in principle - only market. In DC this is the rule.

Besides, in Russia it is not regulated in any way, and most of the VCs are offshore. All this is suggestive, but I do not know anything specific about VCs.

I know the real story of one PhD (I am not going to tell his last name) who started to play Forex to earn some extra money and won a lot. They gave him the money and showed him how to do it. They asked him not to play anymore.

By the way all this does not mean that we cannot work with DCs. But it is better not to deal with some of them, that's for sure.

Here is the linkhttp://www.bis.org/publ/rpfx13.htm, a report every three years, a new one will be available at the end of this month, early May.

Forex is an international interbank market. Operations are carried out through a system of institutions: central banks, commercial banks, investment banks, brokers and dealers, pension funds, insurance companies, multinational corporations, etc. The volume of one transaction with a real delivery of currency on the second business day (spot market) is usually about $5 million or its equivalent. The cost of one conversion payment ranges from $60 to $300. In addition, you will have to bear the cost of up to 6 thousand dollars a month for the interbank information and trading terminal. Because of these conditions there is no direct conversion of small amounts in the Forex market. For this purpose it is cheaper to ask financial intermediaries (bank or currency broker), who will do the conversion for a certain percentage of the transaction. With a big number of clients and differently directed orders intermediaries are in a situation of internal clearing (broker's "kitchen"), because of what not always need to make a real conversion through Forex. But they always get their commissions from clients. Just because forex does not receive all client orders intermediaries are able to offer clients commission that is substantially lower than the cost of direct transactions on forex. At the same time if intermediaries are eliminated conversion costs will inevitably increase for the end client.

Current currency quotations are used for a large number of transactions, which do not necessarily have a direct exposure to Forex. An example may be a change of national currency rate by a state bank, which is forced to keep proportions between foreign currencies in accordance with their proportions in Forex, even if the real demand and supply in the country does not correspond to the trends in Forex. For example, if there is excess supply of euro on the domestic market, but at the same time the price of euro against dollar increases on Forex, then the central bank will be forced to raise the price as well, instead of lowering it under the pressure of excess supply.

Another striking example is marginal speculative currency trading, which is oriented on fixing of current quotations on Forex, but by its terms is going on without real delivery. Almost all intermediaries in the currency market offer clients not only direct conversion services, but also speculative trading with leverage. In most cases the commissions for such transactions are even lower than for direct conversion, because due to the mass and short duration of the transaction the need for a real delivery transaction arises even less frequently. Very often commissions take the form of spread - difference between buying price of currency and selling price set by broker at the same moment. In most cases there is a chain between Forex and speculator, each of which takes its own commission.

Marginal operations can lead (but not necessarily result) in real additional demand or supply on currency market, especially on short-term period. But they do not form an overall trend in exchange rates

Triennial Central Bank Survey of foreign exchange and derivatives market activity in 2013
  • www.bis.org
Introductory page to the Triennial Central Bank Survey of foreign exchange and derivatives market activity in 2013

Yuriy Asaulenko:

The difference. The broker is an intermediary between me and the market. All my accounts and portfolios are registered directly on the exchange. All my transactions, even if I buy 1 futures (equivalent of 100 shares) (that's 3 roubles - ridiculous, really:) go through the market. Of these, 1.5 p is taken by the broker and 1.5 p is taken by the market. The rest of the settlement is made by the market (stock exchange) only. If I submit an order, I see it in the market and all the players see it in the market, because the market is the same for all. If a deal is made, my deal has an exchange number and appears in the table of deals of the exchange - in all players. All my actions are registered directly on the exchange (at the broker, of course, also, but this is secondary).

As far as DCs are concerned, things are different. Here my knowledge is more modest, or even minimal. You know more about VC than I do. But, imho, you and I can set up a DC tomorrow and broadcast quotes to those who want them.

I know the real story of one Dr. (I am not going to tell his last name) who started to play Forex and won to earn some extra money, he won a lot. They gave him the money and showed him how to do it. And he was asked not to play anymore.

Everything was realistic. My knowledge of the stock market was minimal. I got a call to work together on forex, and I, a pure forex dealer, do not even know what to answer.

So I am interested in mastering MT5, and then, as the cards fall))

Reason: