Which instruments to trade at Otkritie - page 8

Renat Fatkhullin:

Our goal is that we will use our MetaQuotes-Demo to gather the most accurate historical data, including tick data, for as many markets as possible. Work on this is already underway.

Brokers can easily synchronize this historical data from our server to allow traders to normally test on history with maximum quality.

This is the right thing to do. Because the only ones who can bend brokers to a good story is your company. We, the users, are doomed to communicate with the stupid staff.

I wonder if there will be any legal problems with this, because most of the quotes have the rights holder?

Renat Fatkhullin:
Here's a more proper option in the form of an expert with a timer for convenience:
Ok. I'll look into it.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Our goal is that we will use our MetaQuotes-Demo to gather the most accurate historical data, including tick data, for as many markets as possible. Work on this is already underway.

Brokers will be able to easily synchronise this historical data from our server in order to allow traders to normally test on history with maximum quality.

Please pay special attention to glued futures (access to ticks and so on). In fact, it is on the glued futures that all testing takes place.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

But I wonder if there will be any legal problems with it, because most of the quotes have the rights holder?

I can't speak for everyone, but many brokers have long allowed you to download history (candlesticks-volumes) up to 1m in depth. Real users, often not only real ones. And it seems that there were never any problems with copyright.

Asc Bids, ticks history - yeah, that never happened. MQs are probably the first ones here.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

I was just thinking about that on the way home.

In fact, it's surprising who collected them if the MT server wasn't up and running at the time?

The thing is, it was already up and running, as far as I can see. Time flies fast.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Here is more correct variant in form of Expert Advisor with timer for convenience:

How do I know that the requested data for copyticks has all the data and there's no need to re-request it?

Since it is asynchronous, maybe to create OnCopyTicks event (like, cache changed)?

Anton Zverev:

How do I know that the data requested for the copyticks has been given all the data and that I don't need to make a second request?

1. What's the point? There are fields in CopyTicks to specify the number of ticks. Do queries until CopyTicks returns the right amount.

Anton Zverev:

Since it's asynchronous, maybe create an OnCopyTicks event (like the cache has changed)?

2. see point 1.

Karputov Vladimir:

1. What is the point? CopyTicks has fields to specify the number of ticks. Make queries until CopyTicks returns the correct number.

I need to write a function that would return ticks from one date to the next. In case of success it would be true, otherwise it would be false.

And this nonsense I can't write. Because I don't know what to do with asynchronous function. Renat's example through OnTimer is probably an option. But definitely not the way he cited. OnTimer can be used for a lot of things.

In short, an elementary date-to-date function can be brought in to make it work.

The tick volumes of the bars are totally inconsistent with what sits in the copyticks, so it's not clear how many ticks to query.

After an accidental re-connection or restart, the entire ticks cache is reset and everything has to be uploaded again. The tester only pumps up the ticks and copyticks from a white sheet every time.

Anton Zverev:
After an accidental re-connection or restart, the entire ticks cache is reset and everything has to be re-downloaded. The tester only pumps up the ticks and the copyticks from the whitelist every time.

No, all previously downloaded ticks for each trading server are cached locally and retrieved automatically.

There is a screenshot of the tick files on the previous page.

Reason: