Exchange arbitrage, is it worth digging into? - page 6

Trader:

I advise you not to get involved with ideas of bending the market to suit you.

In this day and age, it is sometimes possible even with $10. I'm not joking at all. It's true, but it's very unhealthy.

:)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
These days, you can do it sometimes even with $10. I'm not joking at all. It is, but it's not great.
Why not great, it's great... it's ideas that rule the world, not money.

You have earned very little since 2008 if you pay a few thousand in tax.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Yes, not much, as I work very irregularly. But some thou a day is quite normal (at FORTS). And it's quite realistic (but very boring :).

Well, well... As they say, it's a lot of work.

A few thousands a day is nothing for him, but he earned a few tens of thousands per year (based on the stated tax amount). It turns out that he worked a dozen days a year?)

We know such traders. Everything is easy for them, but they are too lazy to bother, or they would have become rich :)

Alexey Navoykov:

Well, well... As they say, it's a lot of work.

A few tens of grand a day is nothing for him, but he earned only a few tens of grand a year (based on the amount of tax he said). So he only worked a dozen days a year? ;)

We know such traders. Everything is easy and simple for them, but they are too lazy to try hard, or they would have become rich long ago :)

Exactly. Only intraday, which involves constant meditation at the monitor. I cannot do it on a regular basis.

As for easy and simple - not easy and not simple. Meditate for a month from 10 to 20, and we'll see. :) Less enthusiasm. :)

By the way, the money in the market is not only earned but also spent. Let's say for development and approbation of new methods, otherwise you will not be able to check their efficiency. This is the most interesting thing. :)

Yes, about arbitrage. Try it with options. Great arbitrage strategies. But you have to learn the math and write the software. There are ready-made ones, but they don't work.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Yes, about arbitrage. Try it with options. Great arbitrage strategies. But you have to learn the math and write the software. There is a ready-made one, but it does not work.
As soon as they will make options in MT5 - we will try. I don't see any sense in jumping from one software to another, I have to use only one thing :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
As soon as they do options in MT5 - we'll try it.

I don't think so. They won't.

And MQL for options will not work.

I made a robot based on arbitrage, terrible results...

mfedora:
I made a robot based on arbitrage, and the results were terrible...

Is there any point in testing on unrealistic ticks? ) I have any system that "takes out" on them :) This is an arbitrage between different contracts of one instrument, as I understand it?

And today I was arbitrage on forex on the news... and it's STP account, for fuck's sake...

I even had a stop loss and ended up with a negative order

Reason: